Live and Happy from Eurodam October 6 to 30

Vict0riann

11 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Wow @Vict0riann that fish soup looks very interesting.  Do you remember what it was called?  Really sorry I missed that!

It was called “langoustine-tomato soup”. And they said it was really good.  I was surprised that both soups on the menu were tomato-based.  I’m not crazy about tomato soup, and when I ordered the minestrone with you, I had anticipated something different.  Fortunately, Pat gave me his langoustine this time, so I didn’t need to order the soup.  

• Like 4

Last night was a Greek dinner in the Lido, so we went to that with J&J,  it was quite interesting, lovely fresh calamari, if you like bits of rubber….  Fresh figs, and papaya for dessert, along with a little baklava.  No pictures. 

This morning’s breakfast was in the MDR, I have now tested  the pancake with maple syrup and English bacon in all three places, and I think the best has been Lido.  Of course, the Pinnacle and MDR have been fancier, decorated with fruit and powdered sugar, but the Lido’s pancake was more fully cooked, which I prefer. And the bacon has been excellent in all three venues.

Today’s When and Where (we are going to Sel de Mer this evening)

8EBD4441-6A3D-44C8-8C76-C6BB48EACCD1.thumb.jpeg.67988d364ca51038dd603be0e816a741.jpeg

E6B00C57-30D3-4CB5-B6E6-8A508B6FD709.thumb.jpeg.2540d9a8b5c48e2065f66aabdf42e4e7.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

It was called “langoustine-tomato soup”. And they said it was really good.  I was surprised that both soups on the menu were tomato-based.  I’m not crazy about tomato soup, and when I ordered the minestrone with you, I had anticipated something different.  Fortunately, Pat gave me his langoustine this time, so I didn’t need to order the soup.  

I remember seeing that on the menu.  It is a very uninspired name for a lovely looking soup.  Like you I was surprised by the two tomato based soups, but it is quasi Italian I suppose 🙄  Be thankful they didn't throw some grated parmigiano on top for the full Italian experience.😁

Looking forward to trying it next time, followed by the Crab Risotto.

p.s. Can't believe that it is a week today since we were in Caneletto 😭🥂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

I remember seeing that on the menu.  It is a very uninspired name for a lovely looking soup.  Like you I was surprised by the two tomato based soups, but it is quasi Italian I suppose 🙄  Be thankful they didn't throw some grated parmigiano on top for the full Italian experience.😁

Looking forward to trying it next time, followed by the Crab Risotto.

p.s. Can't believe that it is a week today since we were in Caneletto 😭🥂

When we walk down the hallway from the center elevators I always miss seeing the leprechaun on your door.  It used to tell me I was on the right (that is, left) side of the ship.

• Like 2

We “ heard”  that the ship needs some work on an azipod.  Pat says you can tell by the wake that one side is different from the other.

I don’t know if anyone can see the video - I can’t, but I took a screenshot from it.

99BFBC9C-1684-4353-A9CD-8A7D1C172F03.thumb.jpeg.6fb260805420d346145feb0290abaed3.jpeg

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

We “ heard”  that the ship needs some work on an azipod.  Pat says you can tell by the wake that one side is different from the other

Did you look at the screens up in Crow's nest, which show azipod position and speed etc?

(I can't see the video either - response is that  CC could not locate the item)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

We “ heard”  that the ship needs some work on an azipod.  Pat says you can tell by the wake that one side is different from the other.

I don’t know if anyone can see the video - I can’t, but I took a screenshot from it.

99BFBC9C-1684-4353-A9CD-8A7D1C172F03.thumb.jpeg.6fb260805420d346145feb0290abaed3.jpeg

I can see the video, Ann.  No problem at all.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Did you look at the screens up in Crow's nest, which show azipod position and speed etc?

(I can't see the video either - response is that  CC could not locate the item)

Yes, this was from October 15, once we are moving again out at sea, I will see if there is a difference.39141B72-04BE-488A-B3C9-112DBB864942.thumb.jpeg.83491ff3e83c75ed13731fd82da618f5.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

I can see the video! Thank you!

@Vict0riannIs minestrone soup not always tomato based?  It has always been when I’ve had it. I’m not Italian nor have I been to Italy so I really don’t know.  I don’t enjoy plain tomato soup but I do like tomato based soups.  Based on the picture you posted of it in this thread I was thinking I would try it.  Thanks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

@Vict0riannIs minestrone soup not always tomato based?  It has always been when I’ve had it. I’m not Italian nor have I been to Italy so I really don’t know.  I don’t enjoy plain tomato soup but I do like tomato based soups.  Based on the picture you posted of it in this thread I was thinking I would try it.  Thanks.

I’m sure you’re right!  I don’t know how I got it into my head that minestrone was a clear broth with little bits floating in it - I was definitely wrong, I’m not much of a soup lover. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I’m sure you’re right!  I don’t know how I got it into my head that minestrone was a clear broth with little bits floating in it - I was definitely wrong, I’m not much of a soup lover. 

Maybe you're thinking of Italian wedding soup. I always confuse Minestrone and Mulligatawny, so you can imagine my disappointment when I get tomato soup when I'm expecting a spicy curry one!

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Thanks for the information.  I had no idea.  It’s funny how we get pictures in our mind how something is going to look and then when you get it, it’s something totally different.  At least that happens to me.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Last night was a Greek dinner in the Lido, so we went to that with J&J,  it was quite interesting, lovely fresh calamari, if you like bits of rubber….  Fresh figs, and papaya for dessert, along with a little baklava.  No pictures. 

We missed the first Greek night, so were so glad we got to the 2nd one of our cruise.  This photo shows just what we had on our plates, there were SO many other choices!  The crew really outdid themselves. We were too full to even look at the desserts. 

67930904_Greeknight.jpg.59e323aac34eb63ffae65668022c7b96.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, chefestelle said:

Maybe you're thinking of Italian wedding soup. I always confuse Minestrone and Mulligatawny, so you can imagine my disappointment when I get tomato soup when I'm expecting a spicy curry one!

I bet that is it.  It’s hard for me to find soup I don’t like but that would be surprising to get one and expect something else.  That said squash soup isn’t my favorite but I do like squash.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, chefestelle said:

That’s funny! Pat does, too. At least they begin with the same letter. . .

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

We missed the first Greek night, so were so glad we got to the 2nd one of our cruise.  This photo shows just what we had on our plates, there were SO many other choices!  The crew really outdid themselves. We were too full to even look at the desserts. 

67930904_Greeknight.jpg.59e323aac34eb63ffae65668022c7b96.jpg

Yum!  That looks delicious.

• Like 1

We backed slowly and carefully out of Katakolon harbour, with tugs watching to make sure we behaved ourselves.  Then we  went to church, the new chaplain is from a state that has the whale as its state animal.  Which state is that?  (pop quiz)

I went up to the Crow’s Nest after Mass to get a picture of what the azipods were doing.  It all looks good to me.😄

257E5916-CE9D-4C4D-8EBA-7306F9025526.thumb.jpeg.fa8b16424023c9e20c44a3af8b85e2b7.jpeg

• Like 8