Royal Pre Cruise Testing

14 minutes ago, 87turboii said:

Quick question, if we sail out on Monday our two day precruise test has to be done Saturday or Sunday correct? Friday would be considered 3 days? Having hard time finding a spot that does rapid antigen on Saturday.

Correct. Saturday (or Sunday) under current protocols.   Saturday testing can be difficult which is why a lot of people are turning to the Abbott Binax Now monitored testing.

Edited by ryano

I have been reading on Royal Caribbean Blog about testing at the pier. I am so confused so here my questions about this cruise:

Harmony 11-28-21 leaving SUNDAY out of Port Canaveral.

fully vaxxed (and one boostered!) pax.

So I know if I do the self monitored video etc.  testing it has to be Friday or Saturday .

But can someone tell me if there is any port available testing whether Royal or third party? 

I don't care really about the cost. I have to pay for the at home because no one will guarantee less than 3 days for cvs or walgreens testing. 

We are not at home before the cruise -are in a  hotel. 

Many thanks. 

9 minutes ago, Sirlancelot said:

But can someone tell me if there is any port available testing whether Royal or third party? 

Cost and availability varies by port.

Services - GoMeyra Scheduler

What if I don't find a pre-cruise COVID-19 test, or my test results? | Royal Caribbean Cruises

Edited by Biker19

3 hours ago, 87turboii said:

Quick question, if we sail out on Monday our two day precruise test has to be done Saturday or Sunday correct? Friday would be considered 3 days? Having hard time finding a spot that does rapid antigen on Saturday.

We used the emed Abbot test.  They are available 24/7 and take less than 1/2 hour.  It was very smooth for us.

1 hour ago, Sirlancelot said:

I have been reading on Royal Caribbean Blog about testing at the pier. I am so confused so here my questions about this cruise:

So I know if I do the self monitored video etc.  testing it has to be Friday or Saturday .

I don't care really about the cost. I have to pay for the at home because no one will guarantee less than 3 days for cvs or walgreens testing. 

Many thanks. 

Hopefully Royal Caribbean will wave the requirement for testing for fully vaccinated passengers after the first of the year.  Test or show proof of vaccination is really what most public venues are doing now.

I am cruising from Port Everglades on December 23rd. However, I am flying down (early) on the 21st. Not sure what I am going to do yet as I am going to have to fly down no matter what. 

At this point, I am just waiting to see what the protocols are going to be come December. I may book a rapid test at a local CVS/Walgreens in Fort Lauderdale once I get there. Other than the port testing that they are now doing - I may not have any other choice (I am not comfortable with the "at-home" test that I can do).

13 minutes ago, BeagleAgility said:

I am cruising from Port Everglades on December 23rd. However, I am flying down (early) on the 21st. Not sure what I am going to do yet as I am going to have to fly down no matter what. 

At this point, I am just waiting to see what the protocols are going to be come December. I may book a rapid test at a local CVS/Walgreens in Fort Lauderdale once I get there. Other than the port testing that they are now doing - I may not have any other choice (I am not comfortable with the "at-home" test that I can do).

I'm not too sure why you are reluctant to use the BinaxNOW with virtual (proctored) attended results.  My son just texted me that he did his 3rd one this morning before work, after visiting his brother this weekend in MI.  He asked if I wanted him to do another before he saw me this week.  

He has told me that emed.com contracts the online visits to labs all over the world, so they can provide service 24/7.  He said it's a one-way video call:  you can't see them, but can hear them.  They have the video on constantly, and the test kit has to be visible to them all through the call.  All you do is open the kit, show the serial number, put a drop or two of the solution in the little tray, swab, push the swab in the slot to be mixed with the solution, and wait.  His part was about 45 seconds.  The attendant watches the test kit throughout the waiting period, and after 15 minutes it shows the result, which is immediately shown in the phone app you use to make the call.  Then, within a minute or two the email arrives.

You can do this in a hotel room.  You could even go to the hotel's business center and use their computer to do it, instead of your phone.

The average cost per test is $29-$35, depending on how many you buy.  Minimum is a 2 pack.

Edited by pcur

3 hours ago, Sirlancelot said:

Many thanks. 

I leave on allure oct 17 out of port canaveral   the cost for a test at port is 105 dollars... We are doing the telehealth but  Figure the port is a backup if I mess up the test

Help please. I just went to RCCL site for ordering the  Covid test ( 2 pack). I need one for myself and one for my husband.  In answering the questions, it ask if it was for me and then my DOB. It did not give me the option to put in my DH information.  Can you still purchase it with just my information and then add his when we get ready to test or do I have to order two 2 packs, which is a waste of money. 

What am I missing?

29 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

Help please. I just went to RCCL site for ordering the  Covid test ( 2 pack). I need one for myself and one for my husband.  In answering the questions, it ask if it was for me and then my DOB. It did not give me the option to put in my DH information.  Can you still purchase it with just my information and then add his when we get ready to test or do I have to order two 2 packs, which is a waste of money. 

What am I missing?

Anyone can use the tests you order. You put your info in to order and then you both separately set up Navica accounts to take the tests. Though I recommend you order one extra as some have reported having faulty kits (or have some other backup plan).

1 minute ago, Tinkbelle87 said:

Anyone can use the tests you order. You put your info in to order and then you both separately set up Navica accounts to take the tests. Though I recommend you order one extra as some have reported having faulty kits (or have some other backup plan).

Thank you for the quick response. I have the iphone. Can I set up two accounts on my phone? ( As you can see technology is one of my greatest weaknesses & fears).

I am planning on the emed testing at home...and here is how 'easy' it has been so far:

Not.

Setting up the accounts with emed and Navica...confusing with both of us having our own Qcodes in the same login.  I tried setting up 2 logins, but I'm guessing that my computer cookies had something to do with it and they both redirected to same log in.  But, both names are there and we will find out ahead of time at 'dry run' test how this works. Murphy's law and issues to now has convinced me to test both of us a month prior to Nov sail. Fri test for Sun departure.

Next issue...my Samsung Note 6 that I love and swore to never upgrade because I hate the loss of stuff and learning new tech...doesn't have the system requirements to TEST on the Navica ap!  It's only 2 years old.  Sigh.  Try something else.

My desktop computer...apparently doesn't have webcam.  No prob...ordered a plug n play thing from Amazon.  Sat around for a couple of weeks before I decided to plug it in and see if I could figure out how to use it.  How hard can it be? (Like peeling a mango apparently.) WHAT?!  No microphone and ...okay a few hours of banging around and found that....but: my Amazon Skytech NEVER found the webcam.  Try DH's...plug...no play.. I GIVE UP on that.

Ipad...its a 6th gen.  It has a built in webcam.  It MIGHT work, but is more than 2 years old and if my phone isn't tech spec up to date, the odds of that ... NEXT.

Today, I'm going to buy a NEW PHONE. At the STORE. Samsung Note 20 Ultra.  Tried to order online yesterday and everything seemed to go well until I got a message with a link to click to scan a picture of my id.  I did that for other software apps, should be no problem. Except that I kept getting a message that said. "no camera permission.  Please fix  and try again. Constraints could not be satisfied."  I turned on permission for EVERYTHING on EVERY Ap..still nothing.  Called and got shifted to a chat helper...no help. He told me to do everything I had already done.

My frustration level is beyond comprehension.  I am not an unintelligent individual, although questioning my limited technological PROGRAMMING skills! I'm just a USER.

While I'm at the ATT STORE, buying a phone and having THEM transfer data...ugh...apps n passwords...long day ahead of me... I've decided..new IPAD for DH while we are there.

If those don't work, and the protocols don't change back to a more reasonable THREE DAY test requirement that labs can handle, I don't know what else I can do. Local test option is not guaranteed and antigen not offered within a 3hour travel radius. 

Just stay home forever, I guess.

Oh, but it is so easy! 😉