B2B

9 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

How does Debark/Embark day work??

Will I have to get off the ship??

Can I just stay in my cabin??

If I have The Key, can I go to the Departure Breakfast and then The Embarking Lunch??

Is alcohol available anywhere in the morning??

TIA

Bill

Your card from one week doesnt work the next. So you need a new card. I just realized you mean you purchased the key, not the key to your cabin.

Once I didnt have to get off the ship, almost always you have to.

Dont forget you have to get a covid test and go wait, probably in the terminal. It's a couple hours to wait for results sometimes though probably they will take it the day before. 

The breakfast was open. Once you have the new boarding documents you can go eat lunch. You will be reboard before the others. Plenty of time if they are doing the embarkation lunch. I thought they revised it and something else other than the chops lunch with the key. 

You will get a letter in your cabin with directions. For the covid test and when and where to meet.

Edited by firefly333

9 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

If I have The Key, can I go to the Departure Breakfast and then The Embarking Lunch??

TIA

Bill

A lot depends on the disembarkation port and now with post covid cruises things may even be different. Regardless, you will receive in your cabin a TAD letter a day or two prior to the end of the first leg explaining in detail the whole TAD process. Also we have been invited to a TAD briefing a day or two before the end of the first leg. Great place to ask questions.  

31 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

TIA

Bill

I'm assuming you mean the lunch at chops you used to get with the key.

It's been replaced with free room service and a percentage of dining.. found the post.

58 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm assuming you mean the lunch at chops you used to get with the key.

It's been replaced with free room service and a percentage of dining.. found the post.

Oh wow!!  I just read through the Key benefits Monday and it was still saying Chops lunch and Debarkation breakfast???

28 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Thanks everyone, I'm on Symphony OTS out of Miami in July 2022

With changing protocols, a lot can change between now and July/2022. I would ask again when you get closer. I am on the first leg now of a B2B on Ovation, and right now it will definitely be different than next year. The only thing that is constant, is you get will get a letter in your cabin telling you exactly what you need to do.

So not sure what is going on cause firefly333 is always on point.   But this is what I just read:

What's Included

• Priority check-in and boarding on Day 1. Upon arrival at the terminal, follow The Key check-in signage to your designated check-in area.
  • Carry-on bag drop off and delivery to stateroom. Drop-off your carry-on bags in the Main Dining Room until 1:30pm.
  • Exclusive welcome lunch in the Main Dining Room featuring the Chops Grille Lunch menu. Seating is from 11:30am – 1:30pm.
  • Private hours at onboard activities including Rock Climbing, FlowRider and more. The private hours schedule will be provided on the welcome letter you will receive onboard on Day 1.
  • Priority departure at ports of call from ship-to-shore.
  • Seats in the exclusive VIP seating section at shows in the Main Theater, AquaTheater, Studio B and Two70. You must reserve your show tickets in advance in the Entertainment section of Cruise Planner (up to 72 hours before your sailing) or onboard the ship.
  • VOOM ® Surf & Stream 1 Device high speed internet.
  • On debarkation day, enjoy an exclusive à la carte breakfast and choice departure.

So maybe its a ship thing???

51 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

So not sure what is going on cause firefly333 is always on point.   But this is what I just read:

What's Included

• Priority check-in and boarding on Day 1. Upon arrival at the terminal, follow The Key check-in signage to your designated check-in area.
  • Carry-on bag drop off and delivery to stateroom. Drop-off your carry-on bags in the Main Dining Room until 1:30pm.
  • Exclusive welcome lunch in the Main Dining Room featuring the Chops Grille Lunch menu. Seating is from 11:30am – 1:30pm.
  • Private hours at onboard activities including Rock Climbing, FlowRider and more. The private hours schedule will be provided on the welcome letter you will receive onboard on Day 1.
  • Priority departure at ports of call from ship-to-shore.
  • Seats in the exclusive VIP seating section at shows in the Main Theater, AquaTheater, Studio B and Two70. You must reserve your show tickets in advance in the Entertainment section of Cruise Planner (up to 72 hours before your sailing) or onboard the ship.
  • VOOM ® Surf & Stream 1 Device high speed internet.
  • On debarkation day, enjoy an exclusive à la carte breakfast and choice departure.

So maybe its a ship thing???

I would say it's probably a rcl IT thing. Some of us got letters we wouldnt be going to caymans thru next march ....so far they havent updated their site. IT seems a little behind. 

Unfortunately I dont think it's a ship thing. Good luck. 

What happens as to requiring b2b getting off often depends on how many b2b cruisers there are and what cbp agents want to do.  They control that. Twice we were told to assemble and expect to have to walk off only to be told after waiting to get off that it wasn't necessary.   Now if you want to get off to do something in port arrange with guest services to get your new card and then you can reboard easily.   

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

With changing protocols, a lot can change between now and July/2022. I would ask again when you get closer. I am on the first leg now of a B2B on Ovation, and right now it will definitely be different than next year. The only thing that is constant, is you get will get a letter in your cabin telling you exactly what you need to do.

Agree.  We were also on the Ovation, b2b.......and just one more thing: Royal provided a complimentary covid test the day before the end of the first cruise.  We got the negative results the same day.  (We don't know if any of the b2b passengers tested positive.)

23 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Agree.  We were also on the Ovation, b2b.......and just one more thing: Royal provided a complimentary covid test the day before the end of the first cruise.  We got the negative results the same day.  (We don't know if any of the b2b passengers tested positive.)

Wow, that would be nice!!

I did a Symphony of the Seas B2B a couple of weeks ago. I did not receive any B2B instructions in my cabin so sometimes you have to ask at guest services or a concierge. I did receive instructions to make an appointment for the COVID test on the day before the end of week one. It was very quick and easy but I did not receive the results by email as they had promised. I'm sure if you test positive they WILL FIND YOU. 😁 It was only the third and fourth sailing for Symphony so hopefully they will improve before your trip.

1 minute ago, ScubaCat3 said:

I did a Symphony of the Seas B2B a couple of weeks ago. I did not receive any B2B instructions in my cabin so sometimes you have to ask at guest services or a concierge. I did receive instructions to make an appointment for the COVID test on the day before the end of week one. It was very quick and easy but I did not receive the results by email as they had promised. I'm sure if you test positive they WILL FIND YOU. 😁 It was only the third and fourth sailing for Symphony so hopefully they will improve before your trip.

I usually stop by guest services early during the 1st week to make sure I'm on their list.  Also double check our stateroom attendant also knows.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScubaCat3 said:

Someone dropped the ball. A lot of good info especially for those doing a B2B cruise for the first time. 

4 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Yup, scheduled for tomorrow morning.

9 hours ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

TIA

Bill

You might not have to get off the ship, but you will have to gather with the other B2Bers in a lounge and then depart or not. You will at least be the first one back on. 

I assume you are not moving cabins. If so, then you can return to your cabin after immigration. You'll likely have to open those intimidating, closed fire doors but can be done. Just stay out of the attendants' way! haha.

I know nothing about the Key.

A bar will reopen around 11....or maybe the Promenade Cafe earlier. I think most everything is closed from 9-11. So definitely take some nibbles and beverages with you to the B2B gathering lounge. Last time we sat there for an hour as they couldn't get passengers to disembark and had to find them.

20210926_172526.jpg

16 hours ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Thanks everyone, I'm on Symphony OTS out of Miami in July 2022

By mid-July, everything should be back to a normal turn-around process. In normal times, you would meet with all the other B2Brs in one of the lounges on board around 9:30 to be "checked in" by someone from Guest Services or one of the concierges, then depending on the port, number of B2Brs, and how quickly the ship is cleared of departing passengers, you usually get walked off the ship as a group, cleared through customs, given your new sea pass cards in the check in/boarding area and then walked back on board. You can go back to your room even though the fire doors will be closed, or you can enjoy an empty ship for a while before general boarding begins.

Depending on the number of B2Brs, you will be invited to have lunch in one of the specialty restaurants or in the MDR.

The pool bar should be open in time for the new passengers coming on board.

As an aside, when we had breakfast the last morning of our August cruise in WJ, they were still hawking alcoholic beverages.

On 10/6/2021 at 2:50 PM, firefly333 said:

Dont forget you have to get a covid test and go wait, probably in the terminal. It's a couple hours to wait for results sometimes though probably they will take it the day before. 

They have to do the test the day before, otherwise how would you get back on board the ship to pack all of your luggage with everything that you left hanging all over your cabin? I doubt if you were to test positive, they would be willing to go into your cabin and pack everything for you.😱

25 minutes ago, orville99 said:

They have to do the test the day before, otherwise how would you get back on board the ship to pack all of your luggage with everything that you left hanging all over your cabin? I doubt if you were to test positive, they would be willing to go into your cabin and pack everything for you.😱

It could have been earlier in the restart I read someone post they had to wait in the terminal for results.

Yes I am hoping they now have it like clockwork as I have 4 b2b next year on rcl.