Amex offer - $350 off $1,000 - expires 12/31/21

1 hour ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Could you please come back and verify the cruise planner purchases once you see the statement credit?  Would be a good thing to know.

Just got the email confirming I've used the offer, usually takes 2 to 3 days for credit to hit account, but a good first sign.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I have 3 AmEx cards...    no RCCL offer on any of them.     I do wonder if you are more likely to get an offer if you don't have RCCL charges almost every month   🙄     I know similar RCCL offers have been available several times over the years...    I haven't ever received one.

28 minutes ago, elleluv said:

I have 3 AmEx cards...    no RCCL offer on any of them.     I do wonder if you are more likely to get an offer if you don't have RCCL charges almost every month   🙄     I know similar RCCL offers have been available several times over the years...    I haven't ever received one.

I think it matters more which Amex card you have. If the offer is out there I’ll always get on my blue card which is a travel card, sometimes on my everyday card and never on my Delta card. 

Thank you to everyone who offered input about cruise planner purchases! At the next sale, I'll experiment with canceling our beverage package (charged to a different card) and repurchasing with the Amex. Between that and final payment and gratuities, we'd have enough spending. Otherwise, may have to put deposit on another sailing 😉

The $500 on $1500 was on my Amex Blue Cash Preferred which we mostly use for grocery spending and occasional AmEx offer

50 minutes ago, mterr1 said:

Just got the email confirming I've used the offer, usually takes 2 to 3 days for credit to hit account, but a good first sign.

When trying to use the Amex Carnival offer the charges for the planner stuff showed up differently than the cabin charges which read carnival reservations so it wouldn’t initiate the credit if it didn’t show carnival reservations. If Royals show up the same on the statement I’d think you could use it for any charges.

Just now, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I think it matters more which Amex card you have. If the offer is out there I’ll always get on my blue card which is a travel card, sometimes on my everyday card and never on my Delta card. 

I have two.  One in CDN $ which is a cobalt card and one in US $ is the regular green card.  The US$ has the offer but, sadly, my CDN$ card doesn't.  Does anyone know, once you use the offer up is it possible that you could another one or is it only possible after the current expiry date?

3 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

There is something you can try.  There are 100 offers at all times.  I add the ones that are close to expiration to my card (date and expiration warning will be in red, easy to spot).   If I delete 10, I can log out, log back in, and see 10 new offers added.  If you do that, this particular offer might be one of your new ones.

I do not see an option to delete, either before or after adding to the card. Am I missing something?  Or do you meaning by adding ten to your card it adds ten new ones?

5 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I have two.  One in CDN $ which is a cobalt card and one in US $ is the regular green card.  The US$ has the offer but, sadly, my CDN$ card doesn't.  Does anyone know, once you use the offer up is it possible that you could another one or is it only possible after the current expiry date?

Unfortunately you can only use the offer once per card which is why I have several cards for each account ie. husband, kids…because each additional card has a different number and can use the offer too.

10 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

I do not see an option to delete, either before or after adding to the card. Am I missing something?  Or do you meaning by adding ten to your card it adds ten new ones?

They’ll delete on there own on the expiration date and reload offers automatically. Just add offers that are going to expire soon.

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I don't think I ever got the email. Anyone got a link to the promotion?

You don’t get an email until you use the benefit. You need to go to your online account and look under benefits for the RC offer then add it to your card before making the payment.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

You aren’t really deleting them, you are just moving them from the “available” list to the “added to card” list.  When they are moved, the available list then has less than 100 offers.  More will be added after you log off to bring the available offers back up to 100.

Does anybody know if the entire amount ($1,500 in my case) must be put on the card in one transaction and/or during one billing cycle.  In other words, can I put $900 on the card this month, and then $600 next month?  And do I have to do it through my Travel Agent, since that's who I booked our cruise with.

10 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Does anybody know if the entire amount ($1,500 in my case) must be put on the card in one transaction and/or during one billing cycle.  In other words, can I put $900 on the card this month, and then $600 next month?  And do I have to do it through my Travel Agent, since that's who I booked our cruise with.

Someone posted the terms in post #4 of this thread. Probably wise to double check terms in your Amex account too. 

Edited by AustinCruise

20 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

You aren’t really deleting them, you are just moving them from the “available” list to the “added to card” list.  When they are moved, the available list then has less than 100 offers.  More will be added after you log off to bring the available offers back up to 100.

Hmmmm...wonder if moving 90 offers to your card counts as abusing the system:)

30 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

You don’t get an email until you use the benefit. You need to go to your online account and look under benefits for the RC offer then add it to your card before making the payment.

Thank you!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerseygirl3 said:

I haven’t tried that but I’d think the total amount would need to be on the same billing statement to trigger the offer. Also, make sure your travel agent uses your Amex with RC and that they don’t use your card to pay them and then they pay RC. That would not get you the offer.

Here are terms for my offer

DETAILS

Get a one-time $350 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $1,000 in one or more transactions on reservations booked at royalcaribbean.com, by phone at 1-866-562-7625 or by contacting your preferred travel advisor by 12/31/2021. See terms for exclusions.

OFFER TERMS

Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid on bookings made online at royalcaribbean.com or by calling 1-866-562-7625 or your Travel Professional. Reservations must be booked on US website only. Valid only on purchases made in US dollars. Excludes onboard purchases, e-gift card and physical gift card purchases made online, transfers/transportation to the ship, Royal Caribbean/Universal Resort Joint Vacation, MGM Resort International Joint Vacation and Royal Wedding Packages. Excludes Celebrity Cruise, TUI Cruises and Silversea brands. Please note that hotels, car rental companies, cruise lines do not accept prepaid cards for charges authorized in advance, although prepaid cards may be used to settle the final bill. Check to make sure prepaid cards are accepted before attempting to use your prepaid card to take advantage of offers for these merchants. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member. The enrolled Card account must not be cancelled or past due to receive statement credit. Any benefit earned from this offer is in addition to the rewards (i.e. Membership Rewards or cash back) earned as part of your existing Card benefits, but your ability to earn spend-based rewards for the purchase will be based on the amount after any statement credit or other discount is applied. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/2021, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. ©2021 Royal Caribbean International. Ships’ registry: Bahamas POID: K2S1:0002

We got lucky.  I have the $350 on $1000 offer on my platinum and hubby got the $200 on $500.  Bad news is I have EVERYTHING paid for and prices are way higher now on excursions etc.  Doesn’t make sense to canx and rebook stuff.  Going to wait a bit for the next “sale” on excursions.