New letter from Carnival

eileen11

I received a letter from Carnival tonight that tells me to complete a vaccination report or my cruise will be cancelled. I don't cruise again until February and this letter says that I have only 48 hours to fill out the info.  When I go to my Cruise Planner, it says that I can't fill anything out until January.  Here is the letter I recieved

Dear Carnival Guest,

We are looking forward to welcoming you on board!

Vaccinated cruises are available for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to embarkation day and have proof of vaccination.  Additionally, fully vaccinated guests must present the negative results of a COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within two days of their embarkation.

If you are unvaccinated, please visit our Have Fun. Be Safe. page on Carnival.com for information on vaccine exemptions. 

In order to manage this sailing, every guest on your reservation must complete this vaccination attestation upon receipt of this email. Please log on to  Carnival.com and go to the Cruise Manager located in “Manage My Booking” to complete the vaccine attestation listed on your to-do list. If you haven’t created an account, please do so before completing this task.

We must receive your completed attestation within 48 hours of this email.  If we do not receive a response for each member of your party, your reservation may be subject to cancellation and your cruise fare automatically refunded to your original form of payment.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Colleen Oliverio
VP, Guest Services Contact Centers

We were on a Carnival cruise two weeks ago and did not receive this letter.  We can't access the place to put in this info .  Has anyone else received this?

I just booked some cruises this week and the first thing that popped up was a one question step to document that we were all vaccinated. Was it possible you missed this survey when you booked? This was just a preliminary question to document vaccination status. The other hoops will come up at online check in and in the terminal.

just  back from cruise, I filled mine out, it showed completed, and I got this email 2 times in one week ( I also had only booked the cruise 9 days before and had completed immediately). I think computer generated, maybe glitch

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sunonfire said:

I checked my cruise. It states you have to do a health assessment 3 days before. My check in date is now 2 weeks before the cruise. The time I checked it was 6 weeks before the cruise.

People here say there are two separate forms. The vaccination attestation is filled out close to the time you book and then the health assessment is sent out a few days before you cruise and has to be completed before you arrive at the pier.

Edited by sanmarcosman

I sail the middle of Nov. and my vaccination form showed up a couple weeks ago. I filled it out and it now has a line drawn thru it. The other form won't show up till closer to cruise or at least that is the way it was with our Sept. cruise. I would call Carnival.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FloridaMomKW said:

We got the letter today, and don’t cruise until January…. I tried to get on the Carnival site, and this is what I seeimage.thumb.jpeg.00e2144d645479bc5361b0f5a0345025.jpeg

Had the same  error but kept loading. Site is likely getting slammed. 

I finally got thru and just had to do a checkbox to confirm my statement of having my shots, was able to do it for all people in my room. 

• Like 1

After trying all afternoon to see my cruise planner with no luck for my cruise in February, I was able to finally logon and get to my cruise planner just now.  There is no place to attest to my vaccination status.  My choices are: Pay Balance, Online Check in (available at the end of January).  

Edited by vintagegarage
fix spelling error
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

When is your cruise? I have been in the website and I don’t have the question.

Our cruise is January 15th out of Port Canaveral. The vaccine attestation was under My to do list. Once you answer the question and check the box it shows lined out.  

Here's John Heald's statement on the e-mail:

"But before I head on over there I want to apologise for the frustration so many of you wrote to me about yesterday and while I was asleep. I am referring to the frustration caused by you not seeing a photo of me in my Choose Fun Thong riding on the back of a Yak through the suburbs of Cleveland, Ohio…………..sorry…………not that frustration but the one seriously caused by an email you may have received asking for you to complete a vaccination questionnaire in the “ next 48 hours.”
You then clicked on the link and discovered there was no form and quite understandably you were worried, frustrated and a few quite upset.
I won’t try and explain the technical reasons this happened but there was a concern with our website, and this caused you not to be able to see the form and submit it.
My colleague Jacinta worked until 3am trying to answer all the questions and I really do thank her for that and I send my sincere apologies to you all for the worry this caused you.
My colleagues are working on this and it will be fixed today as soon as possible.
There is no need to call the call center or let me know and I promise to let you all know when it is fixed asap and until then there is noting for you to worry about. My apologies again."

So, guess I'll wait for his statement, but will also be logging into my Cruise Manager during the day to see if this form appears....
  • Like 1