The Daily for Tuesday October 19, 2021

richwmn

15 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

A sad event here. A man went home from work last week when he had a positive Covid test. His employer couldn't reach him a few days later. Police did a wellness check, then EMT's went in. The man and his 84 year old father were found dead. The elderly mother was alive but had pneumonia and sepsis. All 3 tested positive for Covid.

That is just so sad. 😢. To die alone and the mother there on her own so sick.  Prayers for her - sure doesn’t sound good.

Let’s all take a minute to thank God we are healthy 🙏🏻 

• Like 15

6 hours ago, atexsix said:

I think it's an honor when animals return year after year to see us.  What a beautiful story.  Do you have any pictures?

That’s how I feel about it, too. She came to me when she was injured and bleeding last winter. I don’t know what attacked her.  Although she won’t let me touch her, She sat outside the door until I came and talked to her and left a walnut where she could reach it. She was shaking, but calmed down as I talked to her and finally took the nut and ate it.It was an honour to be trusted enough she came to me when she was hurt and scared.
I didn’t get any pictures yesterday, but here’s one from last spring. She had just taken a walnut from my hand.

CD0627F5-374E-4267-B757-8B36C7385E42.thumb.jpeg.bf4ab0fc4dc4a982d797e3c30707c3ba.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, atexsix said:

That's pretty good for someone that is not outgoing.  

An interesting story, we got to know a couple on our Hawaii sailing a few years ago, so it was a long enough cruise, almost 3 weeks; we had coffee together and happy hour almost every day; but they dumped us at the end of the cruise when they found out that Dear Dad enjoyed a reality show that will remain nameless out of fear from further judgement 😁.  "we always wondered the type of people that would watch that" was their reply.  OUCH! 

Their loss, and your lucky escape. With people like that, you can walk on eggshells for years, but eventually something you say will mortally offend them anyway.

And TBH, I think most of us have are secretly addicted to a show we don’t want people to know we watch.😉

• Like 12
  • Haha 2

Thanks Rich @richwmn for the Daily and to  Roy@rafinmd for the Care and Celebration lists, and to everyone who contributes to make this such a great thread.

@1ANGELCAT pleased that you like the doctor and that you now have an appointment for the ultrasound biopsy. 

@JazzyVso sad.about that family with covid.

@rafinmd sending best wishes that you will get a good report tomorrow. (20th).

The large maple tree next door is looking good with all it's new leaves.

Another cloudy cool day,some feeble sun, temperature 12 C.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I'll start with the good news first.  This afternoon when CC still was still  not letting me login, I not only cleared the browsing history but also the cache.  Then, I closed the browser, turned my tablet off.  When, I restarted it and typed in cc forums, it was working.  Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞 it stays that way.  Clearing the cache was the only thing I did differently.

Finally the motorhome is unloaded, and the last of the patio furniture is out and ready to use.

@Horizon chaser 1957  That is good news that Rizu returned this year.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, that is such a sad story about the family. Hoping for the best for the mother.

Tomorrow should be a much easier day.  We’re going to Blythe to get wine 🤞and other things we’re low on. We'll see if we're there before the shelves are completely empty.

Lenda

• Like 16

As it seems lately, I am late to the party.  I feel I have new friends here!  Rainforests are so important to our environment and we should all treasure and protect them.  

@1ANGELCATI am so glad that you like your doctor and the plan that has been put in place.  And, of course, my prayers are for a benign diagnosis.  @Sharon in AZ, here's hoping your "fail" your test with a big negative!  

My big thing today was to purchase a new shredder.  My current one is on life support and won't last too much longer.  I saw one while I was at Office Depot, and decided to get it while there was one in the store - since we never know what we can buy or is available!

Leaves are really piling up in my front yard, and I will be happy when the HOA landscapers get the mess cleaned up.  I spent over a half hour this afternoon just sweeping my front porch!  

I am always disturbed when I read any Covid stories.  So many lives affected.  On my calls yesterday, I heard that Covid is now affecting the 5 and under age group..  Today was the first time in over a month that the new cases in our county were less than 100 new cases in a day!

Sorry to be negative, which is not good on this wonderful site.  Many thanks to Rich and Ray for keeping all the ship news, and care and concern lists going.  Also thanks to everyone who makes the Daily such a success.

Have a good night, everyone!   

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

🤓☂️News tonight....

Three successive storms will surge in from the Pacific Ocean this week, forecasters said Tuesday, bringing what may be the most rain in nine months to drought-stricken Northern California and offering a promising start to winter after two years marked by record wildfires and dry conditions.

Two of those storms look like atmospheric rivers — narrow, moisture-rich storms that play a critical role in the state’s water supply. The first, which was set to arrive late Tuesday night and continue into Wednesday morning, is likely to be a moderate storm. But another big one shaping up for Sunday night was upgraded to a category 5 on Tuesday, the highest in a five-level scale.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

That’s how I feel about it, too. She came to me when she was injured and bleeding last winter. I don’t know what attacked her.  Although she won’t let me touch her, She sat outside the door until I came and talked to her and left a walnut where she could reach it. She was shaking, but calmed down as I talked to her and finally took the nut and ate it.It was an honour to be trusted enough she came to me when she was hurt and scared.
I didn’t get any pictures yesterday, but here’s one from last spring. She had just taken a walnut from my hand.

CD0627F5-374E-4267-B757-8B36C7385E42.thumb.jpeg.bf4ab0fc4dc4a982d797e3c30707c3ba.jpeg

It's wonderful and so kind of you to respond to my request.  She's beautiful, and I think she thinks of you as her Mommy.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Their loss, and your lucky escape. With people like that, you can walk on eggshells for years, but eventually something you say will mortally offend them anyway.

And TBH, I think most of us have are secretly addicted to a show we don’t want people to know we watch.😉

That's what I thought.  Survivor has been on for decades it seems and I've never had the desire to watch a single episode; but I never missed Dallas and Dynasty.

• Like 2

On 10/19/2021 at 8:15 PM, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

I will say you escaped!   It would never occur to me to dump a friend because of the TV shows they watch.  

• Like 3