Junior Suite vs Grand Suite on Anthem

Goofyisme

I know there are significant size differences but not sure what the other "bennies" are.  I think Grand has all day access to Costal Kitchen while Jr can only go for dinner if available but other things I am not sure of and website doesn't seem to be complete.

What are some of the benefits of a Grand over Jr that are your favorites or are not well advertised.

Thanks for any help/

2 minutes ago, Goofyisme said:

I know there are significant size differences but not sure what the other "bennies" are.  I think Grand has all day access to Costal Kitchen while Jr can only go for dinner if available but other things I am not sure of and website doesn't seem to be complete.

What are some of the benefits of a Grand over Jr that are your favorites or are not well advertised.

Thanks for any help/

Free drinks from 5-8 pm in suite lounge for grand...not junior suite...

I have done the GS and the SPA Junior on Anthem. The few additional perks - CC for all meals, Suite Lounge weren't work the extra bang. I also liked the Spa Junior way better as far as room layout goes. 

The dividing wall on the GS was not for me at all, I found it made the room seem tight and overall just a poor design. 

Just my opinion though. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Free drinks from 5-8 pm in suite lounge for grand...not junior suite...

Also free beer and wine from about 11-11 unless they changed that due to Covid.  

concierge services too.  That isn’t provided with JS.  

27 minutes ago, StingBeanz said:

The dividing wall on the GS was not for me at all, I found it made the room seem tight and overall just a poor design. 

Also not a fan of the GS on the Q class.  I honestly think the JS has more useable space.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, topnole said:

Also free beer and wine from about 11-11 unless they changed that due to Covid.  

concierge services too.  That isn’t provided with JS.  

I don't believe 11-11 is available on Quantum Class

Symphony of the Seas Only has Happy Hour drinks... 

17 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

The 11-11 beer and wine is an Oasis class perk, not on Anthem.

Never been on that class ship before.  Good to know as I assumed SL/CK benefits would be the same on both classes of ship.  That is a big difference for sure.  When we were in a CL suite the 11-11 free beer was a very nice perk.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

I don't believe 11-11 is available on Quantum Class

Symphony of the Seas Only has Happy Hour drinks... 

Wow, so Symphony is different than the other oasis class or is this a new thing for all oasis class due to Covid?

Thanks for all the quick replies.  Since there is no longer a Spa Jr Suite on the Anthem and I am not familiar with which Jr Suites are J4 I don't know how to select that type of suite.  From older videos I have seen I agree the J4 looks like a really great layout just not sure how to get one.

Oh well these are the types of problems it is good to have.

12 minutes ago, Goofyisme said:

Thanks for all the quick replies.  Since there is no longer a Spa Jr Suite on the Anthem and I am not familiar with which Jr Suites are J4 I don't know how to select that type of suite.  From older videos I have seen I agree the J4 looks like a really great layout just not sure how to get one.

Oh well these are the types of problems it is good to have.

The JS that used to be called spa JS are on the hump.  

1 hour ago, topnole said:

Wow, so Symphony is different than the other oasis class or is this a new thing for all oasis class due to Covid?

I have no idea... We were on Symphony in Aug. 2nd day we went into the SL about 3 pm and no one was there. A waiter from CK came out and asked if he could help. I asked him about the 11-11 he said he was surprised the bar wasn't open. He said before the shutdown he had worked on Allure and Harmony.

The concierge called me later that day and said he was looking into it, he would get back to me... 
He never got back to me.

With that said, I don't know if it is all Oasis Class or just Symphony and I also don't know if Symphony did the 11-11 Pre-Covid 

4 hours ago, topnole said:

Never been on that class ship before.  Good to know as I assumed SL/CK benefits would be the same on both classes of ship.  That is a big difference for sure.  When we were in a CL suite the 11-11 free beer was a very nice perk.  

Oasis class and Quantum class ships differ in the location of the Suite Lounge & Coastal Kitchen.  On Oasis class ships, they occupy the same real estate.  On Quantum class ships, the SL is on the aft on Deck 12 (13 on Odyssey) while CK is on Deck 14.

9 hours ago, ChC said:

Good point about Junior:

1, Value for money

2, Even more value for money, especially if your are Diamond ++++

3, Spacious, better lay out.

Bad point about Junior:

1, Less perks, although bearable, and liveable if you are Diamond ++++

2, On deck 10 where there are a lot of J3/J4 in 10200-10300 range, your wall is very thin. When housekeeping doing the bed, or the neighbour closing the door, you can feel it. Really feel it.

We were in 10238 a couple of weeks ago, had people on both sides of us and didn't hear any noise. We thought it was a great cabin.

12 hours ago, Goofyisme said:

Thanks for any help/

Access to the suite lounge, suite concierge, suite deck.  Free wiffi and other suite perks- priority boarding and disembarkation- more crown and anchor points.  Other perks that I have forgotten.  But the grand suites are very nice.  Having the Costal Kitchen available for lunch and breakfast is a great advantage, IMO.

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Access to the suite lounge, suite concierge, suite deck.  Free wiffi and other suite perks- priority boarding and disembarkation- more crown and anchor points.  Other perks that I have forgotten.  But the grand suites are very nice.  Having the Costal Kitchen available for lunch and breakfast is a great advantage, IMO.

How does priority embarkation work with Covid and enforcement of check in time?  I thought I read somewhere and now can't find it, that Sky class and above can arrive 1 hr before your scheduled time?