Guarantees Only?

jhannah

In looking at a 2023 cruise on the Rotterdam I see that a Signature Suite is guarantee only. I wouldn't think the ship is sold out yet, so I'm wondering if this might be because capacity limits haven't been set yet for 2023. What say ye?

4 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Is it a segment of a grand voyage?   HAL only allows guarantees for those who take segments.

Don't think Rotterdam will be doing Grand Voyages at this point in time. HAL doesn't typically use new ships on Grand Voyages. 

It could be because of capacities haven't been determined yet.

54 minutes ago, jhannah said:

In looking at a 2023 cruise on the Rotterdam I see that a Signature Suite is guarantee only. I wouldn't think the ship is sold out yet, so I'm wondering if this might be because capacity limits haven't been set yet for 2023. What say ye?

I have been investigating a Baltic cruise on Rotterdam and it seems to be GTY only too.  I tried inputting numerous stateroom numbers but each time received the message that the room was already booked.  Gee it's only on sale for 24 hours so far!

6 hours ago, jhannah said:

I have been looking at a 2023 Alaska cruise and was unable to select a cabin.  Some part of me thinks that the website needs some work (that's no surprise, right? 😉 ) though there may be some good reason for the only choice being a gty, that we mere mortals may never know 😉

11 hours ago, jhannah said:

This has worked for me:  Choose a few cabins you're interested in from the deck plans.  Click on Change Stateroom then Choose Your Room.  In the Search Box enter a room number and you'll see if the room is available.  

4 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

This has worked for me:  Choose a few cabins you're interested in from the deck plans.  Click on Change Stateroom then Choose Your Room.  In the Search Box enter a room number and you'll see if the room is available.  

That is exactly what I have been doing, but it is showing 'not available'.  see post #4

7 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

That is exactly what I have been doing, but it is showing 'not available'.  see post #4

I have had the same experience, VMax1700.  Every cabin # I tried was "not available"

Guarantees seem to be what always comes up when booking and I don't do Guarantees unless absolutely necessary. When I select Change Cabin the different decks appear and you can select a deck and an available cabin. Also gives you the updated costs, usually more than the Guarantees. I then select the deck and available cabin I want and complete the booking.

40 minutes ago, Djptcp said:

Guarantees seem to be what always comes up when booking and I don't do Guarantees unless absolutely necessary. When I select Change Cabin the different decks appear and you can select a deck and an available cabin. Also gives you the updated costs, usually more than the Guarantees. I then select the deck and available cabin I want and complete the booking.

The problem seems to be that people are using this method and still coming up empty. I’ve seen it myself when trying to book the Rotterdam for next summer. 

The question is why cabin selection would be limited so far out from sailing.

• Like 2

On 10/23/2021 at 9:54 AM, jhannah said:

Try this site: https://book.smartcruiser.com/ 

In my experience, it is better at showing available cabins than the HAL site.