The Daily for Sunday October 24, 2021

richwmn

39 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

I would love to see those photos (I love doorways too).  Stavanger will be our first port on our next cruise. 🙂  

38 minutes ago, kazu said:

Appreciate the warning 😉. DH is a door way person too for photos.  

I’m now prepared for Stavenger and will have to tell him about it 😉 

Your wish is my command!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKE94VDPZ1EDx_vMTB5TbmP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468071463

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIvq6y9d7zu0jczgKC5Pd2F?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468071520

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJhScvFaIh92wSbejIPrn4D?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468071530

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLKOvzRaGbjYsKTuqBJ-PoN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468071534

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLF7RRbeE5e-6mS7dhIRuaz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468083647

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVInxmpSBjSzNp5sws7sGF_Z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468071509

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLVhln_kYohtuIgOT4_JgrS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468071453

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJN2iI1NEptbismiSThj6rQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468071465

I'll stop now...😁  I hope you have a nice weather day like this when you go to Stavanger.  We did a Lysefjord sightseeing cruise in the morning then the afternoon was sunnier when we walked through the town.  I booked the Lysefjord cruise online instead of paying for the ship's more expensive one.  Same company!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Your wish is my command!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKE94VDPZ1EDx_vMTB5TbmP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468071463

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIvq6y9d7zu0jczgKC5Pd2F?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468071520

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJhScvFaIh92wSbejIPrn4D?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468071530

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLKOvzRaGbjYsKTuqBJ-PoN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468071534

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLF7RRbeE5e-6mS7dhIRuaz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468083647

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVInxmpSBjSzNp5sws7sGF_Z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468071509

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLVhln_kYohtuIgOT4_JgrS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468071453

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJN2iI1NEptbismiSThj6rQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468071465

I'll stop now...😁  I hope you have a nice weather day like this when you go to Stavanger.  We did a Lysefjord sightseeing cruise in the morning then the afternoon was sunnier when we walked through the town.  I booked the Lysefjord cruise online instead of paying for the ship's more expensive one.  Same company!

I love all the pictures of doors. Each so different and beautiful.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Gorgeous!  I love them too, have you been to Dublin? 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

great pics!  Dh will be in 7th heaven.  Are you talking about the Pulpit tour -  we plan to do that as well on our own.  A couple CC friends highly recommended it to me.  I hope we do have your weather 🤞 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

great pics!  Dh will be in 7th heaven.  Are you talking about the Pulpit tour -  we plan to do that as well on our own.  A couple CC friends highly recommended it to me.  I hope we do have your weather 🤞 

Yes, it goes to Pulpit rock.  They also stop and let people off who intend to hike up to Pulpit rock after we see it.  Not sure how far the stop is from the rock though.  I also don't know how those folks get back to Stavanger.  I was just there for the fjord cruise.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Mine is older and has 5 speeds, with a little wheel you turn with your thumb to adjust the speed. And my arm feels like it'll fall off after doing the yard all in one go, lol

I can believe that.  Can’t do my yard in one go.  Too many different kinds of trees that drop leaves at different times.  And two maples that like to drop enough every day so that it looks like you did nothing yesterday but still tons of leaves on them 😉 

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

I can believe that.  Can’t do my yard in one go.  Too many different kinds of trees that drop leaves at different times.  And two maples that like to drop enough every day so that it looks like you did nothing yesterday but still tons of leaves on them 😉 

Lol,  DH has done them three times and then the ash dropped yesterday and the birch is still in full leaf!  

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

I love all the pictures of doors. Each so different and beautiful.

So true.  And if the homeowners hadn't all the beautiful flowers it wouldn't quite be the same, would it?  They all must have green thumbs.

And I enjoy seeing the photos of the ports, too, and like to hear what people have done there.  Research for us all, just in case we can go there too.

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, kazu said:

Isn't it therapeutic to watch the leaf piles go away when you vacuum them up?  Everything looks so much fresher and cleaner in the yard.  

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Yes, it goes to Pulpit rock.  They also stop and let people off who intend to hike up to Pulpit rock after we see it.  Not sure how far the stop is from the rock though.  I also don't know how those folks get back to Stavanger.  I was just there for the fjord cruise.

Thanks same one.  I just want the fjord cruise too.  Looking forward to it.  I’m actually getting my hopes up on this cruise.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Isn't it therapeutic to watch the leaf piles go away when you vacuum them up?  Everything looks so much fresher and cleaner in the yard.  

Yes - for one whole day until they are done dropping 😂 

4 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Lol,  DH has done them three times and then the ash dropped yesterday and the birch is still in full leaf!  

I feel his pain, believe me.  Our maples send so many leaves and drop slowly so it’s a mess one day after.  Oh well.

Our LInden is the last tree to drop and it’s usually really cold when it happens.  The mulcher will be great for it.  It’s the last tree to leaf and the last to drop.  Sheesh.  One of the reason I am not a fan of Fall along with losing my flowers.

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Love all of these, Sandi. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning! No one knocked on our door this morning and delivered coffee with a warm greeting and smile. Nothing to eat in house for breakfast, no beautiful flower arrangements, no chocolates on our bed last night? 

It’s not easy going “Cold Turkey” the day after disembarking from a wonderful cruise!😩

Thanks Rich and all our guest editors for the Daily Report!

Withdrawals, we have all experienced them.  In time, you, too, will heal.  Or rebook as fast as possible.

Hey, maybe for a retired person's last career, charge to go door to door in the morning with a tray of coffee and breakfast items.  Smile, greet the person, bring the tray in where they want, ask them if everything is ok and then come back and pick it up.

Of course, you would have to brew the coffee, provide clean cups, saucer, utensils, cloth napkins, and the food items, too.  Hmmmm, this job is not for me.  I'll ask the lady next door if she needs a job.

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

43 minutes ago, kazu said:

When I say one go, I mean for that day. I have to do the yard weekly from mid-late October to early December. I actually have no trees in my yard, but my street is tree lined along the curbs and my neighbors do have yard trees that blow into my yard.

56 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Your wish is my command!

Since the houses seem mainly white, the doors and flowers give that pop of color that's missing otherwise.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 11

4 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

All or most of us here are animal lovers.  I just ran into this and thought gotta share it.  These are waaaay darling.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10108035/Adorable-animal-snaps-melt-hardest-heart.html

Hi Maxine; I am definitely an animal lover and would certainly like to see these photos. Unfortunately as soon as I open the link I get a message saying that I have to disable my ad-blocker.

Jane

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mamaofami said:

While I’m mentioning  the pictures of doors, if I haven’t said it before, I love seeing everyone’s pictures of the ports I haven’t been to. It’s like a travelogue for me.

I hear you!   The problem is, my bucket list is growing faster than my bank account.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

@kazu I just looked at the HAL tour of the fjord and pulpit rock and compared it to our cruise.  The HAL tour includes a 30 minute stop for waffles and coffee and I don't recall doing that on our tour.  They still stop at the waterfall, and see the goats.  Both tours were 3 hours long.  HAL price is 174.95 USD per person.  My price online 5 years ago was $55 USD pp (960 NOK total at the time).  For $240 USD difference in price you can buy a lot of waffles and coffee!  That is assuming the online price is still approximately the same.  The company is Rodne and can be found online easily enough.

• Like 8

Kind of a wet and windy day here in the Pacific Northwest.  Looked fairly calm this morning, so I went to my log house to do some work on the storage building.  Built a new frame around the door and used a chisel and drill to make the holes for the lock.  Wind and rain picked up, so I decided to call it a day and come home.  While driving into our housing area came upon a dead tree mostly across the road.  I stopped and a pickup coming the other way stopped.  I told the driver I had an electric chain saw in my SUV, so he got out and helped me cut it up and throw the pieces away from the road.  In about ten minutes the road was clear - my good deed for the day.  It is a 40V Ryobi 14" model I bought last month and have been very satisfied with.  $179. with a 40V 4A battery that by itself is about $100 and will work with my 40V weed wacker.

I usually have a glass of red wine when I come home.  Since I was cold and wet, I decided some Johnny Walker scotch was appropriate.

Ray

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, USN59-79 said:

Kind of a wet and windy day here in the Pacific Northwest.  Looked fairly calm this morning, so I went to my log house to do some work on the storage building.  Built a new frame around the door and used a chisel and drill to make the holes for the lock.  Wind and rain picked up, so I decided to call it a day and come home.  While driving into our housing area came upon a dead tree mostly across the road.  I stopped and a pickup coming the other way stopped.  I told the driver I had an electric chain saw in my SUV, so he got out and helped me cut it up and throw the pieces away from the road.  In about ten minutes the road was clear - my good deed for the day.  It is a 40V Ryobi 14" model I bought last month and have been very satisfied with.  $179. with a 40V 4A battery that by itself is about $100 and will work with my 40V weed wacker.

I usually have a glass of red wine when I come home.  Since I was cold and wet, I decided some Johnny Walker scotch was appropriate.

Ray

Thanks for doing your good deed of the day!  Not a lot of us would be carrying a chain saw in our vehicle at that moment, so it sounds like someone put you in the right place at the right time.😇

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

Hi Maxine; I am definitely an animal lover and would certainly like to see these photos. Unfortunately as soon as I open the link I get a message saying that I have to disable my ad-blocker.

Jane

I'm not surprised, Jane.   Daily Mail has just gone over the top with pop-up ads.  

I looked again and saw the photos come from another website called boredpanda dot com

Hope that helps, Jane.   Just cute critters doing cute things.

• Like 7

Good afternoon!  Been a while since I have posted.  Finally getting caught up from our Eurodam cruise and quick trip to Colorado last weekend.  We were concerned about Southwest flights but all went well. 

All the port pictures and door pictures brought back great memories.  I always appreciate reading all the posts.  Thanks to all who keep up the great work on the lists. 

Weather is strange here in Vancouver WA. Big wind storm hasn't materialized yet.  Have had some rain and wind with sun breaks.  Leaves are falling.  Picking them up will be a job for another day.

Have been checking our weather at our home on the Oregon coast.  Yesterday when we came to Vancouver the ocean was wild.  Supposedly there will be very high winds, waves and rain until tomorrow.  

Prayers to those on the care list and congrats to those celebrating.  

Have a great rest of the weekend.

• Like 14