Happy Halloween!

3 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Happy Halloween! 🎃💀 ☠️ 👻

Have a Spooktakular good time today!

Please stay safe!

No Halloween for moi, silly American thing. Is it big in Nu Ziland? 

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

It's big in Lane Cove. Unfortunately Lane Cove is 60% apartment housing so all the kids from the apartments go to streets like ours. They've been pretty good in past years, only going to houses who put decorations up. Hopefully that will still be the same tonight. 

• Like 1

Of course it is still the 30th here so ours is tomorrow. That being said I'm sure there are plenty of people out getting stupid drunk tonight and suspect to hear fireworks tonight and tomorrow night. We live up a long dark driveway and I don't think we have had anyone at the door since our great niece and nephew about 10 years ago. We do have some treat in the unlikely event anyone comes.

Like I said a cute little "holiday" for kids has been hijacked by the adults and like everything it has gotten out of hand.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Of course it is still the 30th here so ours is tomorrow. That being said I'm sure there are plenty of people out getting stupid drunk tonight and suspect to hear fireworks tonight and tomorrow night. We live up a long dark driveway and I don't think we have had anyone at the door since our great niece and nephew about 10 years ago. We do have some treat in the unlikely event anyone comes.

Like I said a cute little "holiday" for kids has been hijacked by the adults and like everything it has gotten out of hand.

Did it not arise from the country south of you Lyle?

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Halloween's origins go back to a Celtic festival called Sanhain Les. Their new year started on Nov 1st so Oct 31st was the last day of the year and marked the end of summer and the beginning od winter.

16 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I really don't know for sure Les. We have always had it here in my lifetime. It just seemed more innocent then and definitely more geared to children. Unfortunately many of those children grew up and forgot it was supposed to be about kids. The competition was on.

3 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I really don't know for sure Les. We have always had it here in my lifetime. It just seemed more innocent then and definitely more geared to children. Unfortunately many of those children grew up and forgot it was supposed to be about kids. The competition was on.

We just had two families walk past with the parents more dressed up than the kids. Our neighbour and her two children called in, kids were dressed up but not mum. 

• Like 1

Pretty quite where  I am. Haven't had any little ghouls or monsters turn up here for about five years when we had some chocky gifts and nobody showed up. There's no young kids in our street anymore, they've all grown up.