Choice Air - no longer an Azamara option?

SunnyNy

I've read in earlier posts that the Choice AIr site has been "temporarily unavailable".  It's been going on quite a long time at this stage, so I'm wondering if Azamara has finally cut ties with it, as we thought they might.  Has anyone spoken with customer service about it recently?   Too bad, I often found very good rates and schedules using it.

9 minutes ago, SunnyNy said:

I've read in earlier posts that the Choice AIr site has been "temporarily unavailable".  It's been going on quite a long time at this stage, so I'm wondering if Azamara has finally cut ties with it, as we thought they might.  Has anyone spoken with customer service about it recently?   Too bad, I often found very good rates and schedules using it.

I hope you’re wrong!

I booked my flights by talking to them on the phone.  I also worked with them by phone when there was a schedule change.  I took awhile on the phone with the schedule change but within a week I had the flights I wanted approved.  I was surprised because it meant moving the flights to a day earlier to keep the nonstop and a day later for the return - expected the airline to say no but it worked out.

I have been trying to use Choice Air to check on flights for my Amazara Quest cruise, June 11- 19, 2022 (Barcelona to Lisbon) and it states "temporarily unavailable" as well.  Does anyone have a phone number to contact Choice Air?  Thanks

2 minutes ago, Zermatt said:

I have been trying to use Choice Air to check on flights for my Amazara Quest cruise, June 11- 19, 2022 (Barcelona to Lisbon) and it states "temporarily unavailable" as well.  Does anyone have a phone number to contact Choice Air?  Thanks

I’m getting that message too. Wanting to book some flights for June 2022. But have been getting e-mail updates on flights booked for another cruise. Maybe it’s a website issue?

18 minutes ago, Zermatt said:

Their number is 800-533-7803.  I did everything via the phone because I prefer talking to an agent when booking flights not online.  They have been very professional and with the schedule change it took at bit to get it handled because I contacted them immediately after get notice from airline and they had to do things on their end to be able to see the changes to submit the requested changes I wanted.  It was worth it and the agent was very patient and determined to get it processed.  

I would suggest that you take a look at flights and have some preferred suggestions for them to check for pricing.  It helps the process.  

Edited by Skicruiser55
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skicruiser55 said:

Their number is 800-533-7803.  I did everything via the phone because I prefer talking to an agent when booking flights not online.  They have been very professional it with the schedule change it took at bit to get it handled because I contacted them immediately after get notice from airline and they had to do things on their end to be able to see the changes to submit the requested changes I wanted.  It was worth it and the agent was very patient and determined to get it processed.  

I would suggest that you take a look at flights and have some preferred suggestions for them to check for pricing.  It helps the process.  

Thank you Skicruiser55. 🙂  I appreciate the number and I will give them a call.  I agree with you that I would rather talk to an agent when booking flights.That's a great suggestion to have something in mind before calling.  I do have several flight options that I would like pricing for.  Thanks again!

Thank you for the info, everyone. I’m glad to hear Choice Air is still around. I usually like to have a look online, but will call to actually book.  If I found out anything about the website issue, I’ll be sure to post it here. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SunnyNy said:

Thank you for the info, everyone. I’m glad to hear Choice Air is still around. I usually like to have a look online, but will call to actually book.  If I found out anything about the website issue, I’ll be sure to post it here. 

That would be great if you find out anything about the website.  Thanks SunnyNy!

18 hours ago, Zermatt said:

That message has been posted on their search site for a couple of weeks. Kind of frustrating, as I like to compare prices between multiple engines and locations, as I have 3 available easy airports within a couple of hours, 1 being in Thunder Bay Canada, and I have found that Choice Air from Canada for international Business Class for me has been hundreds, if not more, cheaper than flying from my US options.

I'm on hold with Choice Air right now.  My call was initially answered by a live person who asked if I wanted a call back, or continue to hold.  I was able to ask about the website and was told that "IT is working on it and hopefully it'll be up soon". I guess that's good news😕.   I'll let you know if I learn anything else.

Sharon

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SunnyNy said:

I'm on hold with Choice Air right now.  My call was initially answered by a live person who asked if I wanted a call back, or continue to hold.  I was able to ask about the website and was told that "IT is working on it and hopefully it'll be up soon". I guess that's good news😕.   I'll let you know if I learn anything else.

Sharon

Thank you, Sharon.  We need to start looking at airfare for our July 25 cruise.  I'm another person who likes to use the Internet for comparison.

Just reporting back on this - I've called Choice Air several times.  I had to hang up several times after being on hold for 30 mins. or more. Once, I took the "call back" option and received a call 7 hrs. later, late at night. That didn't go well since I was half asleep!  Finally yesterday I was able to get through quickly and book something.  The reps I spoke with were extremely courteous and helpful but I still miss the option of searching online before speaking with someone. When I inquired about the website, I was told it should be "up in a few days".  So, good news: Choice Air is still around for Azamara bookings - bad news, I don't expect to see a functioning website for quite a while!  Sharon

• Like 1