What is latest time passengers can board for a 4:00 departure?

melk

If this were me I would call Princess directly on a matter so serious. You could miss your cruise if your timing is off.  I would give them specific info like the date of the cruise and port. Then I would recall them a few days later to make sure I get the same information, This info used to be found on you cruise personalizer on their website. I don't know if it is still there or not. It may be it is on the Medallion App.  The best thing to do is arrive a day early and not have to worry about it. 

• Like 1

I believe the cut off is 90 minutes before the posted departure time on embarkation day, unless otherwise stipulated. It would be reckless to plan on cutting things so close. One minute late and you'll be waving farewell from the dock.

Edited by mom says
  • Like 2

Just be aware that if the ship has a scheduled 4 PM departure time, that the gangway will probably be pulled around 3:30 PM or so.  Once the gangway is removed, there is no getting on the ship.

If you think you are going to be late, but there is a chance that you will arrive in the nick of time, please let the folks at the pier know.  In your packet that will be emailed to you (a many pages long document that most folks don't look at), there should be a page with the address of the embarking pier location, along with a local pier agent phone number.  If the shoreside staff knows that you are close, they will work with the ship for every last second in hopes that they can get you on board.  At least that is what happens in Seattle.

17 minutes ago, Cuedon said:

I was on a HAL with a 4PM embarkation recently and they booked me for a 2PM arrival... that evening, I heard some people complain that they felt their scheduled 3PM arrival was cutting it close.

Did you show up at 2 or earlier.  We have a 2pm time coming up on a ship also leaving at 4.  I am concerned

I was up on Promenade deck on the Grand recently.  I did not expect to see any passengers boarding after 3:30 in San Pedro.  To my surprise, a wheel chair and Princess staff boarded at 3:45.  Then the gangway was moved away from the ship.  I do not know what the circumstances was, but that seemed strange.  

Then in Cabo (last tender at 10:30 AM).  A Cabo Water shuttle pulled up next to the ship just before 11:30 sailing with staff from the pier, sanitizer holders, and about 25 passengers.  Guess they waited for the stragglers on shore before sending out the last boat.  The Princess tenders were already secured.  How does that happen?????

Edited by cr8tiv1

28 minutes ago, mustgo said:

Did you show up at 2 or earlier.  We have a 2pm time coming up on a ship also leaving at 4.  I am concerned

I showed up at slightly past 11AM since I had to fit somebody else's schedule... staff at the entrance asked me when my slot was, looked around at the mostly empty place, looked at my boarding pass with arrival time, and just waved me through. No fuss about it whatsoever, and the process was smooth. This was San Diego.

18 minutes ago, Cuedon said:

I showed up at slightly past 11AM since I had to fit somebody else's schedule... staff at the entrance asked me when my slot was, looked around at the mostly empty place, looked at my boarding pass with arrival time, and just waved me through. No fuss about it whatsoever, and the process was smooth. This was San Diego.

Princess does not cruise (embark) in San Diego.  

4 hours ago, Cuedon said:

I was on a HAL with a 4PM embarkation recently and they booked me for a 2PM arrival... that evening, I heard some people complain that they felt their scheduled 3PM arrival was cutting it close.

I missed this original post.  This was embarkation day on 10/24 at 2 PM for HAL in San Diego. 

6CC5C410-E133-4253-A359-38C0F333D247.jpeg

The ship is required to provide a manifest before departure. Believe the timing is 1 hour before. Therefore check in 90 minutes before scheduled sailing is a good estimate. There are additional procedures now for boarding that you have to consider. Flights offered on EZ Air should be timed to meet boarding requirements, but I would plan to fly in early. We always flew in at least one day early. If you are thinking about hanging out and then board at the latest time, I would re-think that plan. 

21 hours ago, Cuedon said:

I think we will go earlier than 2pm.  I am uncomfortable with going that late.  It is at Fort Lauderdale.