Cabin booking getting more complicated mid November.

racephoto

30 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Totally agree.  The ‘gifts’ are a joke, at this stage, for regular Diamond cruisers.  The only perks are the use of a bathrobe,  a bottle of cheap bubbly and a limited menu in a speciality restaurant.  Oh, and a plate with 5 macaroons in place of chocolate strawberries.

We didn’t even receive them, with the bubbly,  til the last day of the cruise.  They can’t even be bothered to have them in the cabin on embarkation day as a welcoming sight.  At least on NCL, the bubbly was in the minibar in the cabin when we embarked.  

Noticed on the new categories list that Aurea will get a welcome package of Prosecco and Chocolates.

9 minutes ago, sidari said:

Noticed on the new categories list that Aurea will get a welcome package of Prosecco and Chocolates.

It seems that Aurea will become more attractive not only including more perks but also having a “Aurea Restaurant” on MSC World Europa. That would boost Aurea Experience and place it more towards Yacht Club..

Aurea -> Business Class

Yacht Club -> First Class

I know.. I know.. Yacht Club is still superior.. but more expensive..

👍🏻

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

It seems that Aurea will become more attractive not only including more perks but also having a “Aurea Restaurant” on MSC World Europa. That would boost Aurea Experience and place it more towards Yacht Club..

Aurea -> Business Class

👍🏻

They have dedicated Aurea MDRs on the Meraviglia and Seaside class ships, SW.  They also have them on Sinfonia and Armonia.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

They have dedicated Aurea MDRs on the Meraviglia and Seaside class ships, SW.  They also have them on Sinfonia and Armonia.  

I didn’t know that.. sorry.

I usually book Yacht Club but I am looking into and comparing Aurea to YC on Europa Repo cruise in 03/2023.. noticed Aurea Restaurant on deck plan.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sidari said:

I wonder how they will distribute already booked/Guarantee cabins for sailings after 15th November, hopefully there will not be any upset people!

I couldn’t even hazard a guess how they are going to do that. It would be nice if they put everybody back in the cabins they had already booked, but that seems unlikely based on MSC‘s track record.  I feel bad for the customer service people.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, racephoto said:

I couldn’t even hazard a guess how they are going to do that. It would be nice if they put everybody back in the cabins they had already booked, but that seems unlikely based on MSC‘s track record.  I feel bad for the customer service people.

Someone has already posted that their cabin allocation has been changed and they’ve currently snagged a YIN H. They’re sailing solo, too ( in the next few days).   It’s on the cabins wiped out thread:

4197131C-7867-4BCB-AD80-DFA8314A2B37.jpeg.3a28a71cb776bec878b027d1d76ccc32.jpeg

Edited by Beamafar

5 hours ago, SirWolf said:

Aurea -> Business Class

👍🏻

I get the analogy, but I'd knock both down a category and suggest it's more like:

Aurea - Premium Economy

YC - Business Class

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hamrag said:

I get the analogy, but I'd knock both down a category and suggest it's more like:

Aurea - Premium Economy

YC - Business Class

*smiles* .. I like your comparison ..

I am looking into Aurea the very first time after almost 10 cruises in Yacht Club.. no YC stateroom available on MSC Europa repo-cruise from Dubai or Doha to Mediterranean Sea.. but I am hesitant making the decision to book Aurea.

46 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

....I am looking into Aurea the very first time after almost 10 cruises in Yacht Club.. no YC stateroom available on MSC Europa repo-cruise from Dubai or Doha to Mediterranean Sea.. but I am hesitant making the decision to book Aurea.

Having recently sailed Aurea after my last 3 MSC in YC, I'd be extremely hesitant too! A real comedown from YC, but everything has a price point Sir. 😉

24 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Having recently sailed Aurea after my last 3 MSC in YC, I'd be extremely hesitant too! A real comedown from YC, but everything has a price point Sir. 😉

.. You just helped tremendously in making a decision.. thank you.

I just have to wait the next 12 months until final payment date for a YC stateroom to open up.. Lol

1 hour ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

I was confused before with their categories totally lost now. They can’t just switch your room if you have a room ready picked can they?

Unfortunately they can, and do. They can also change your itinerary and even the length/dates of your cruise. This can happen on other cruise lines, but I’ve never heard of it happening as frequently as it does on MSC.

12 minutes ago, racephoto said:

Unfortunately they can, and do. They can also change your itinerary and even the length/dates of your cruise. This can happen on other cruise lines, but I’ve never heard of it happening as frequently as it does on MSC.

MSC has changed selected cabins to guarantee..

To be moved to who knows where.

Changed itinerary, changed ship , changed day and month of our sailing and length of cruise. 
I get the feeling that they want to make us cancel so they can sell cruise at a higher fare than when most of us have booked.
 If we do not accept their changes and move to another cruise, we have to pay higher cruise fare.

For our next two cruises, this is what we have done.

Not sure how much more we want to put up with.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

I was confused before with their categories totally lost now. They can’t just switch your room if you have a room ready picked can they?

Yes and they did.   We had picked a room last year.   We printed our docs after getting them from our TA and then they changed our room.   This is for Nov 20 on Seashore.  

Is this new system just for bookings made after mid Nov? We have an Aurea suite booked on Magnifica in Feb and am now worried about losing the Easy drinks and massage. Without those Aurea would be a waste of money for us.

3 minutes ago, kernow said:

Is this new system just for bookings made after mid Nov? We have an Aurea suite booked on Magnifica in Feb and am now worried about losing the Easy drinks and massage. Without those Aurea would be a waste of money for us.

They’re included in your booking so shouldn’t be removed.  Here’s what’s attached to our Aurea booking confirmation:

CC0EEAC9-A027-4ED4-945F-79FED688C117.thumb.png.966c068e33281ea0a6b811ef63b39192.png

It clearly states massage and Easy drinks package (as well as all the other perks that Aurea currently gets).  It will only apply to bookings made after the implementation of the changes. 

6 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

They’re included in your booking so shouldn’t be removed.  Here’s what’s attached to our Aurea booking confirmation:

CC0EEAC9-A027-4ED4-945F-79FED688C117.thumb.png.966c068e33281ea0a6b811ef63b39192.png

It clearly states massage and Easy drinks package (as well as all the other perks that Aurea currently gets).  It will only apply to bookings made after the implementation of the changes. 

Thank you, it does say most of this in my app booking but don't really trust MSC not to change something before we sail.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Keep a copy of it!

Did you not receive a confirmation email when you booked?

We booked with a TA and only have their invoice which just says Aurea experience and only mentions Easy drink package.