No pre-cruise PCR test needed ???

Just submitted photos of vaccinated cards to the online check-in app.

It is now in the process of validating.

The next highlighted message states :

"NOT YET CLEARED TO BOARD,". 

BEFORE YOU CAN GET ONBOARD, YOU MUST;

.Pass the wellness check at the terminal.

.Answer the health and safety questions the day before your cruise.

NO MENTION OF PRE-CRUISE TEST ??

We are having ours done and think it should be MORE CLEARLY stated in the CHECK-IN REQUIREMENTS on the app..

13 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Just submitted photos of vaccinated cards to the online check-in app.

It is now in the process of validating.

The next highlighted message states :

"NOT YET CLEARED TO BOARD,". 

BEFORE YOU CAN GET ONBOARD, YOU MUST;

.Pass the wellness check at the terminal.

.Answer the health and safety questions the day before your cruise.

NO MENTION OF PRE-CRUISE TEST ??

We are having ours done and think it should be MORE CLEARLY stated in the CHECK-IN REQUIREMENTS on the app..

I get a pop up every time I go to checkin in th app. 

8FD8B21D-EA21-4995-BD8A-909FA5FF804E.thumb.png.7965ccd3c337474ef4890b646635882f.png

• Like 2

I have also not seen that pop-up.  I just assume, at this point, that anything that has to do with technology is suspect if it involves Royal.

That being said, does this even matter.  I haven't seen anyone report that they were NOT asked for their cards OR that boarding went smoother because they had uploaded them.

I also get the pop-up.There is additional information on cruise requirements including vaccinations, pre-cruise testing, and other important health related information. Make sure to check the app frequently in case there are updates. 

• Like 1

We got back this morning from doing the PCR test at our local WellNow facility and still no pop-up when going on the app ? No matter.

Our vaccination cards have been in the validation process for a few days now as well. LOL

No matter, as we will hopefully be in our stateroom Monday at 1 or so if all goes right.

8 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

We got back this morning from doing the PCR test at our local WellNow facility and still no pop-up when going on the app ? No matter.

Our vaccination cards have been in the validation process for a few days now as well. LOL

No matter, as we will hopefully be in our stateroom Monday at 1 or so if all goes right.

It will. Enjoy!!!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, familycruising4ever said:

I uploaded pics of our vaccination cards however I don't see a notice that they are validating them. Can someone let me know where that message actually shows up? I agree with poster above, perhaps some of the confusion is Iphone vs Android.

What do you mean "validating"?  The images either are uploaded correctly or you would get an error message.  There was no message about validating.  I now have done this for 3 cruises and found it very easy.

The validating message disappeared when the app was refreshed later in the day.  I have to completely close the app on my iPad or it doesn’t necessarily refresh.  Info about testing is under health on menu at the bottom.  Sometimes I lose that menu at the bottom.  Also pops up when I select check in. 

3 hours ago, sailingjudy said:

What do you mean "validating"?  The images either are uploaded correctly or you would get an error message.

Ours say validating as well.  I am also not sure that you get an error message if they are not done correctly.  I only did the front of the cards, and they accepted the upload.  Based on what various people have reported it seems that the app is not consistent across all platforms.

16 hours ago, Cigar King said:

Ours say validating as well.  I am also not sure that you get an error message if they are not done correctly.  I only did the front of the cards, and they accepted the upload.  Based on what various people have reported it seems that the app is not consistent across all platforms.

All I know is that mine has never displayed any verbiage about 'validating' or 'validation' and I have completed the process for 3 cruises thus far.  You are correct that different platforms operate differently.  On Mariner last week the man in charge of the app spoke with 4 of us in the diamond lounge one evening.  One woman went on a tirade about how she hates the app and all the error messages she received attempting to check in using the app.  I said that I was surprised by her comments because I had encountered zero problems checking in for 3 cruises thus far.  And that I thought the app was much improved over what RC had back pre-COVID.  Turns out this was her first experience using the app and she was using an iPad.  Whereas, I've used the app since first introduced and am using an Android phone.  She was getting messages that I have never seen.  Our next cruise is not until Jan 23 so it will be a couple of months before we will be uploading vaccination cards again.  Now I am curious to see what verbiage will be displayed then.

12 minutes ago, sailingjudy said:

All I know is that mine has never displayed any verbiage about 'validating' or 'validation' and I have completed the process for 3 cruises thus far.  You are correct that different platforms operate differently.  On Mariner last week the man in charge of the app spoke with 4 of us in the diamond lounge one evening.  One woman went on a tirade about how she hates the app and all the error messages she received attempting to check in using the app.  I said that I was surprised by her comments because I had encountered zero problems checking in for 3 cruises thus far.  And that I thought the app was much improved over what RC had back pre-COVID.  Turns out this was her first experience using the app and she was using an iPad.  Whereas, I've used the app since first introduced and am using an Android phone.  She was getting messages that I have never seen.  Our next cruise is not until Jan 23 so it will be a couple of months before we will be uploading vaccination cards again.  Now I am curious to see what verbiage will be displayed then.

The validation process was launched in the last week or so which explains why it never happened for your previous cruises.

With the validation process a person actually checks every vaccination certificate ahead of time instead of it being checked at the pier

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1