Live-ish from the Reflection (11-6-21)

aidanht

38 minutes ago, paulajj said:

Yes. Someone posted the instructions a while ago that told  me how. I wish I could remember who it was to credit them. But here it is.

Open the app and go to the far right page that shows your sailing info. 

Hit ‘select a different sailing’

’get more details on ships we support’

’Celebrity reflection’

select date

You should now be able to go back and choose the main dining room and see the menus. As well as the planners and bar menus etc. 

Got it.  The directions aren't exact, but were close enough to get me there.  I appreciate the help.

Edited by CruisnDeb

25 minutes ago, CruisnDeb said:

Got it.  The directions aren't exact, but were close enough to get me there.  I appreciate the help.

That’s weird. That’s exactly how I get to it. 

Im using an Apple devise. Maybe if you have android it could be different? Anyway, glad you figured it out!

5 hours ago, kristineb said:

My friends were on a Carnival ship that stopped at Peurto Plata last week.

Yes, Carnival has their own port called Amber Cove. What I've read is that Virgin was trying to strike a deal with them to let their ship dock there but they won't sell to other cruise lines, including Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. 

7 hours ago, CruisnDeb said:

Are the Daily Planners being left in your stateroom or do you have to go to Guest Services to get one?  I thought I read everything was going digital and they wouldn't leave paper copies each night anymore.

Been on Millennium and Equinox for B2B's in the past month.   Both cruises the Daily was left on your bed each evening like pre-Covid.    About the only thing that isn't out are Crossword Puzzels which you have to request at Guest Services.   They have done away with the daily newspapers about a year ago.

17 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Been on Millennium and Equinox for B2B's in the past month.   Both cruises the Daily was left on your bed each evening like pre-Covid.    About the only thing that isn't out are Crossword Puzzels which you have to request at Guest Services.   They have done away with the daily newspapers about a year ago.

I never knew that you could get Crossword Puzzels. My better half does them all the time. Guess I must be really boring.

• Haha 1

On 11/8/2021 at 5:33 PM, aidanht said:

To answer a few questions:

• The suites are not sold out, or at least Luminae is nowhere near full.  Slightly more than half full is the most we’ve seen it so far.  
  • I have the upgraded wi-fi. I have not heard anything about the regular wi-fi on the ship but I’ll keep my ears open.
  • I will check on the CC host tomorrow.

We have reservations in Murano tonight, so I’ll let you know how that experience is tomorrow.

Mmmmmmm.  Goat cheese soufflé. 

• Like 1

It is Day 4 already, and apparently my subconscious decided to make the very most of the day. because I am wide awake at 6:00 a.m.  Actually, we set our clocks back again last night, so it feels like 7:00 a.m., which is a normal time for me to be wide awake.  I am sitting out on our balcony as we approach Belize.  It is a spectacular morning--perfect temperature out here (although I'm sure it will be toasty later), and a gorgeous blue sky with just enough clouds to reflect the sunrise colors.  

We are third in a line of ships following a curved path as we approach port, like a very slow-moving congo line.  I'll try to snap a decent picture to post later.

Thank you to the person who posted the directions on how to look up menus on the app.  I have a few menu pictures, but definitely not a full set.  

I did stream half of a basketball game last night before dinner, and it was flawless.  (The internet, not the game, although the game was pretty good as well.)  No buffering or freezing.  I was sitting in our stateroom, where the internet seems to be the strongest.  

A few random thoughts about the cruise so far:

My husband and I agree the food and service have both been the best of any cruise.  We've only been in a suite once before, on the Edge in 2019, and we found Luminae to be excellent then, but everything has been taken up a notch or two on this cruise.  I'm sure having fewer guests helps, but kudos to everyone involved in making each meal so great.  And service everywhere has been excellent.  I would say our fellow passengers have been more universally cheerful than a normal cruise as well.  There are usually a few (loud) complainers that we seem to keep running into on each cruise, but so far not on this one.  Just smiles everywhere.  I hope that's been the crew's experience as well.  

The music around the ship has been great; it is one of the reasons we love Celebrity and especially S-class.  The house band is great, as is the orchestra that backs up the performances in the theatre each night.  Their "battle of the bands" last night was really fun.  So far the guest musicians have been great as well.  The nightly shows have been very typical for Celebrity; so far we've had a comedian (Kevin Jordan), a musical (Broken Strings), the Broadway Boys, and magician Jessica Jane.  Two shows a night, easy to fit one in before or after dinner, and the theatre is nowhere near full.  Very pleasant way to spend an hour each night.

It looks like we are getting into position for tendering.  We are not leaving the ship, but I think priority tendering meet time was 7, which is now, and I see the tender boats waiting for us.  

I think it's time for me to get some coffee.  I do have the answers to a couple of questions from yesterday, but they are inside, so I'll post them later.  Oh, I do remember one--yes, the daily planners are left in our room each night.  

• Like 4

Thank you for the great live review!  This is excellent information.  

If you are able, can you take a photo of the DINE & DRINK section of the Celebrity Today from a in port day?  I'm trying to get an idea of when places are open.  Thank you in advance.  Have a great remainder of your trip!

Hi there - 

Appreciate all of your comments.  I just saw that the Reflection was listed as "orange' with the CDC.  Have they kept you informed?  Do you know what is going on?  Now I'm hesitant to board on Saturday.   Thanks so much!

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Ftravelers%2Fcrew-disembarkations-commercial-travel.html

Edited by hlddad
  • Like 1

To answer a few questions:

We have not received any information about covid cases onboard as of now, but we didn’t actually listen to the announcements this morning, so something could have been mentioned then.  

The captain’s club concierge team is Aldin, Sofia, and Chery.

I will include the page with the opening times in my next set of daily planner pics.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, ev8876 said:

It’s now gone to Code Yellow.  CDC investigating. 

We’ve reached out to celebrity and they won’t tell us anything about the Refection being “yellow” and investigated by the CDC.   Even called the CDC and the just ready the website definition to us!  Any word on the ship now?  Thanks 

44 minutes ago, hlddad said:

We’ve reached out to celebrity and they won’t tell us anything about the Refection being “yellow” and investigated by the CDC.   Even called the CDC and the just ready the website definition to us!  Any word on the ship now?  Thanks 

First & foremost - you have to make the decision that works for you & your family.  Second - I have no real data; I'm only offering an educated assumption as someone who has closely followed the CDC & return to cruising.  I am also sailing on the Reflection in November so I noticed the color change as well.  

No one truly understand the color system and what effects it. My guess for the Reflection is this:  Based on roll calls & crackbook post that mentioned people have been reassigned cabins on the 6th floor, the assumption is that is for quarantining new crew members.  If they have new crew members who have not be quarantined for 2 weeks that would bring the Reflection "out of compliance" with the conditional sailing order - because they will no longer have 98% crew fully vaxed even though technically they are quarantine and not coming in contact with any crew or guest.  

If you remember, the Reflection, previous to November, was being used as a crew only quarantine ship; then the crew members were moved to other vessels.  The conditional sailing order was set to expire around the end of Oct which then the Reflection could return to service.  But then the CDC extended the Conditional Sail Order (on Oct 25, 2021) until January 2022.  So now Celebrity is having to do 2 week quarantines on active ships. 

Finally, when I was on the Edge in July, I was overly impressed with the transparency from the Captain on every positive case (guest, crew or contractor) that happened.  Then it quickly made it Cruise Critic to share.  I would be shocked if they are not continuing that level of transparency.   It was this level of transparency along with safety measures on the ship that gave us confidence to book again for a cruise this year. I am also HIGHLY confident that if there was positive cases on the Reflection, with all the free intranet people have on the boat; someone would have posted about here even if they weren't doing live review.

Again - I am not an expert in this field nor have any CDC direct knowledge.  Just trying to share my mindset as we make the same decision you do to cruise or not.  Sorry about the thread highjack.

Edited by Team Stag
  • Like 5

Good morning from sunny Roatan!  

We have still heard nothing about any positive cases on board.  If I do hear anything  I will post an update.  Everything is proceeding as normal.  I will say that it is very, very easy to socially distance if you want to.  Other than dance parties and occasionally a bar, there are no crowds anywhere.  I totally understand covid anxiety and have experienced a lot of it myself in various settings, but this cruise environment feels very safe.  Nothing is 100% safe these days, obviously, so it is really up to everyone to decide what feels right to them.

I will check the spa prices this afternoon.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 39august said:

Could you please find out the spa cost for a pedicure,?  

You can download the Spa menu at:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/new-images/The-Spa-Menu-ML-SL-Series.pdf

or do a Mock booking at:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/health-and-wellness/treatments