CVS & Walgreens Covid Test

25 minutes ago, George C said:

My cvs said they would have results in one to two days , not good enough 

Was that for the PCR test or the rapid test?  Around here, the rapid test comes back within hours (if even that long).  It's the PCR test that takes a day or two (or three).

• Thanks 1

Definitely more availability now.  In fact Walgreens has gone from offering appointments two days in advance to five days in advance.  Lots of times available for the rapid test near me, often same day.  That was not the case a few months ago.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Just booked a rapid test for Friday with Walgreens. Plenty of time slots

Couple weeks ago I think you mentioned drive through testing at Kiwanis Park on Merritt Island. Do you know if that location is still operating and whether appointments are required or not? Thanks 

22 minutes ago, IndyCapt said:

Couple weeks ago I think you mentioned drive through testing at Kiwanis Park on Merritt Island. Do you know if that location is still operating and whether appointments are required or not? Thanks 

I think so, I'll try and go by Saturday

We have several free drive up testing sites in the Chicago suburbs and even a new company that will come to your home free of charge. Results are extremely quick with rapid test. May book Walgreens if free of charge before next cruise in Dec. just to hedge if other companies fold up last minute. They said they would continue as long as covid is still around.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, volk904 said:

We scheduled a CVS test for this Thursday 9 days ago but Walgreens just does 4 days in advance.  We scheduled Walgreens test late on Thursday as back ups.  If the CVS test happens we will cancel Walgreens.  

that's what we are planning to do. I already scheduled our CVS tests 2 weeks in advance, but whenever Walgreens appts become available - I'll book those as a backup for the same day.

11 hours ago, IndyCapt said:

It's still open, we drove by it on Friday.  I don't think you can make appointments in advance but maybe the day of?  Not positive about that though.

https://www.brevardfl.gov/EmergencyEvent/COVID19/CoronavirusTestingProcedure 

• Thanks 1

On 11/8/2021 at 9:22 PM, RoyalC said:

We have several free drive up testing sites in the Chicago suburbs and even a new company that will come to your home free of charge. Results are extremely quick with rapid test. May book Walgreens if free of charge before next cruise in Dec. just to hedge if other companies fold up last minute. They said they would continue as long as covid is still around.

Can you post a link to these in Chicago plaese