Options for Covid test pre=cruise

Nebr.cruiser

2 hours ago, hvbaskey said:

These are the passenger obligations (Effective April 1, 2022):
A.  you still need the test to embark the cruise ship (one-day for Antigen, 72 hours PCR)
B.  you do not need a test to enter Canada or disembark in Canada.

Source Link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2022/03/preventing-or-limiting-the-spread-of-covid-19-on-cruise-ships.html

Note:  the environment is fluid and ever changing; check the above link often to see if there are further updates prior to your cruise.

There are testing facilities at YVR (including CVM Medical) and / or testing sites throughout Vancouver. I requested a list from my hotel and they provided me a laundry list of sites (loads of them).  We decided to book at CVM Medical at YVR (US Departures area).

Passenger obligations

• Pre-boarding a cruise ship
    • Passengers must take a COVID-19 molecular test within 72-hours before boarding a cruise ship or take an antigen test within one day of the scheduled departure.
    • Before their cruise departs, a traveller will need to enter their trip information into the ArriveCAN website.
    • Passengers seeking a medical contraindication or religious belief exemption will need to contact their cruise line to see if these are permitted. These exemptions are very limited.
  • During a voyage
    • Passengers are required to self-monitor for symptoms and report them to cruise line officials, who will then take appropriate action (testing, isolation, and contact tracing).
  • Disembarking a cruise ship in Canada
    • Effective April 1, 2022, fully vaccinated travellers on cruise ships will no longer need to take a COVID-19 molecular test before disembarking in Canada. All on board, including crew and passengers, must continue to monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 for 14 days after arrival in Canada as per the Quarantine, Isolation and Other Obligations Order.

This info is great. Thanks! If I’m thinking about this correctly, we can do a rapid NAAT test in a Walgreens drive thru on Thursday, fly out to YVR on Friday and board the ship on Saturday.  I believe that should work. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Are there any ‘rumblings’ about eliminating the pre-boarding Covid test requirement?  One small cruise line has now eliminated the testing requirement.  I am hopeful for this.  

We are with you on this.  Fingers crossed.

7 hours ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Are there any ‘rumblings’ about eliminating the pre-boarding Covid test requirement?  One small cruise line has now eliminated the testing requirement.  I am hopeful for this.  

Pre-cruise on-line testing isn't a big deal.  I'm ok if it stays for a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jackadapt said:

Does anyone know if the COVID test from Worksite Labs is accepted by Celebrity (link attached)?  Also, it's 2 days prior, correct?  Not 48 hrs.  Meaning, if I get it on a Friday at 7AM California, I'm still good for a Sunday embarkation in Miami?  Thanks in advance.

https://worksitelabs.com/hc/en-us

I can't answer you about that specific provider, but you are correct about the 2 days, not 48 hours. So a test done at any point from Friday 0.01am and onwards would be accepted for a Sunday embarkation.

I don’t know if this is just the Walgreens I went to, or just those in Florida, or what. We got a rapid test yesterday (Saturday) at 10:15am for a cruise Monday. They were suppose to get our results in 2 hours. 6 hours later, I had not received the results, so I called. They said all the Walgreens were having trouble sending out the results (true or just this Walgreens?). They told me I could come back to their pharmacy and get a printout, which I did. When I picked up the hard copies, they told me I’d still get an email. It is now more than 28 hours after our test, and we still do not have the email. 

Just a heads up if you are using Walgreens.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

Celebrity still hasn't decided if we need tests prior to our cruise leaving from the UK in 4 weeks. I'm waiting to pull the trigger on buying the binex tests. I will need 4, 2 to get on 2 to return to the US. It would be nice to know sooner than later. 

If I were a betting man, I'd say for sure you'll need to 2 tests to board but probably won't need the other 2 to return to the US.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2022 at 6:14 AM, Whitechapelgirl62 said:

Any advice for a UK traveller who needs to get covid test prior to boarding Summit on 23rd May in NYC. Seen pop up test centres but are these suitable for cruise - starting to stress now about it all - thanks

LabQ vans around the streets. I have friends from Canada who used them for travel testing.

4 hours ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

Celebrity still hasn't decided if we need tests prior to our cruise leaving from the UK in 4 weeks. I'm waiting to pull the trigger on buying the binex tests. I will need 4, 2 to get on 2 to return to the US. It would be nice to know sooner than later. 

We are cruising end of August out of the UK.  Hopefully there will be clear plans by then.  But always subject to whatever the virus plans to do.

On 3/21/2022 at 4:57 PM, Margarita Jane said:

I just used Walgreens rapid test for a cruise on Celebrity.  I’m onboard now! However, they never sent me an email with the results. I had to go back to the pharmacy and they printed out a hard copy for me. But, the test was accepted by Celebrity.

I usually use CVS testing because Walgreens only accepts drive-up's and we will not have a car for our cruise out of Miami.    Did you have a drive thru appointment?

On 3/4/2022 at 10:32 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

I've done the test three times. This gets confusing. 

Abbott is the company that makes the test.

Navica is the app/company that stores your personal info and connects it to your test.

EMed is the company that proctors the test. They also sell tests directly.

Optum Store sells tests.

You DO need a Navica account to login (at eMed.com, see attached screenshot), test, and get your results. You DO NOT need an eMed account. That's used only for buying tests through them.

Screenshot_20220304-102026.png

Hi.  I purchased the 6 pack of Covid Tests directly from EMED.  Me and hubby both have the Navica app downloaded on our phone.  Is it still possible to take the test using our computer?  If yes, then why do I need the Novice app downloaded on my phone.  Thank you for your feedback. 

1 hour ago, taylortime05 said:

Hi.  I purchased the 6 pack of Covid Tests directly from EMED.  Me and hubby both have the Navica app downloaded on our phone.  Is it still possible to take the test using our computer?  If yes, then why do I need the Novice app downloaded on my phone.  Thank you for your feedback. 

Yes. It's better if you take the test on your computer as long as it has a good camera.  That way you will have 2 hands to use while the Proctor watches you open.  With just a phone it is a little awkward. It is very simple and the proctor will walk you thru it.  However, the Navica App will scan the barcode and connects you with the proctor which I assume you will do on your phone. Then he can connect thru your phone or your computer, whichever you prefer.  Your results will be stored on your Navica App for easy retrieval.

• Like 2

On 3/20/2022 at 11:28 AM, jackadapt said:

Does anyone know if the COVID test from Worksite Labs is accepted by Celebrity (link attached)?  Also, it's 2 days prior, correct?  Not 48 hrs.  Meaning, if I get it on a Friday at 7AM California, I'm still good for a Sunday embarkation in Miami?  Thanks in advance.

https://worksitelabs.com/hc/en-us

It is TWO DAYS. Makes no difference what time you take the test two days before boarding the ship.

Enjoy the cruise.

We had our appointments with CVS for this morning cancelled on Wednesday.  We had backup appointments for this afternoon at Walgreens.  Took our test in the drive through at Walgreens and had the results back, both negative, in under an hour.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

We had our appointments with CVS for this morning cancelled on Wednesday.  We had backup appointments for this afternoon at Walgreens.  Took our test in the drive through at Walgreens and had the results back, both negative, in under an hour.  

Why is CVS cancelling so many appointments? Makes my almost happy that there are not any minute clinics around me. I will go with Walgreens if they are still doing them in May. I would think they would be with the new variant popping up.

Laura

32 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

Why is CVS cancelling so many appointments? Makes my almost happy that there are not any minute clinics around me. I will go with Walgreens if they are still doing them in May. I would think they would be with the new variant popping up.

I do not have an answer.  I just know that the minute clinic being closed was the reason CVS gave me for cancelling.  However, I am wondering, given the current COVID situation, if the demand has died off significantly? 

I was able to schedule a test at another CVS, farther away from us that Walgreens as a backup for CVS but ended up not needing those appointments.