Encourage me about the Valor!

8esther8

This will be my 9th Carnival cruise--I'm going the week of Dec 27th, and after seeing BlerkOne's pics of the Valor out of New Orleans, I'm discouraged.  It has got to be the ugliest ship in the Carnival Line 😬 There's so much orange--the dining rooms are orange, the staterooms have the dated Carnival orange, the atrium is brown and orange with a garish mural...  I don't think I've ever been bothered by a ship's décor before.  Please tell me why you like the Valor--- help me to see her bright side!  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 8esther8 said:

the dining rooms are orange

The dining rooms are Pepto pink with large purple glass chandeliers. 😂

I'll admit, the Valor's decor is my least favorite of the ships I've been on, but we still had a great time on two cruises on her. 

IMG_3306.jpg

IMG_3486.jpg

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 1

We just got off of Magic a few weeks ago and I couldn't even guess what color the dining room was, we were too busy enjoying good food and making conversation with our table mates.  Although I suppose worrying about décor is a step in the right direction from arguing about Covid protocols.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, groundloop said:

We just got off of Magic a few weeks ago and I couldn't even guess what color the dining room was, we were too busy enjoying good food and making conversation with our table mates.  Although I suppose worrying about décor is a step in the right direction from arguing about Covid protocols.

Decor usually doesn't bother me but I hate all of the green on Magic. I was there in December so I guess it works for Christmas...and St. Patrick's Day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We've been on Valor before and will be back on her in 10 days. 

I liked all the American / military touches on the ship. 

It's not huge ship but plenty of things to enjoy and do. And after not having been used for 20 months... hopefully will be clean and fresh. 

• Like 3

My last cruise (just two weeks before covid shut everything down) was on the Valor. If I had to judge a contest between all the ships' decor that I have been on Valor would come in last. But you know what? I still had a great cruise, wonderful time and would go on the Valor again without question.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, 8esther8 said:

This will be my 9th Carnival cruise--I'm going the week of Dec 27th, and after seeing BlerkOne's pics of the Valor out of New Orleans, I'm discouraged.  It has got to be the ugliest ship in the Carnival Line 😬 There's so much orange--the dining rooms are orange, the staterooms have the dated Carnival orange, the atrium is brown and orange with a garish mural...  I don't think I've ever been bothered by a ship's décor before.  Please tell me why you like the Valor--- help me to see her bright side!  

The absolute last thing I worry about on a cruise is the color palette of the ship. 🙄

• Like 3

I have been on the Conquest 5x, Splendor 4x, Glory twice and many others.

I couldn't tell you the color scheme of any of them (except the Splendor because it's pink).

The color or décor of a ship has no bearing on whether I would sail on her.

Just go and enjoy your cruise!

Edited by hapytobehr
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, bobbyandali said:

It's not huge ship but plenty of things to enjoy and do. 

This right here. The décor isn't horrible, it is fun and a little retro.  Valor was the first cruise my husband and I went on so she will always have a special place in my heart.

Edited by nessachelle
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mips said:

At least its not the Miracle with the purple tenticles.  Valor is one of my favorites, other than the getting lost because you cant get there from this floor.

Ha so tell me about the purple tentacles. I have a NYE sailing on Miracle. And I'm used to Royal so I always kind of freak over Farcas ships. They do have a lot going on, every single surface.

19 hours ago, bobbyandali said:

We've been on Valor before and will be back on her in 10 days. 

It's not huge ship but plenty of things to enjoy and do.

And after not having been used for 20 months... hopefully will be clean and fresh. 

Years ago, 2013-14 -when Valor was doing the Southern Caribbean loop

and when we could board at Barbados (hugely convenient!)

we enjoyed our three cruises on Valor very much!

Valor was (then?) a noticeably happy ship, compared to others.

Crew all seemed happy to be working together as a team.
Whoever selected the crew did a great job!

Regarding size, she is one of the Conquest Class and therefore ideal size

as far as many folks are concerned! ....Cabins are still regular size

(unlike some very recent ships, where 185 square feet of interior cabin space

got switched to 158 sq. ft. = NOT working for me!)

~Valor-804.jpg

Rosie-240.jpg

Bench-619.jpg

Valor-789.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Aplmac said:

Years ago, 2013-14 -when Valor was doing the Southern Caribbean loop

and when we could board at Barbados (hugely convenient!)

we enjoyed our three cruises on Valor very much!

Valor was (then?) a noticeably happy ship, compared to others.

Crew all seemed happy to be working together as a team.
Whoever selected the crew did a great job!

Regarding size, she is one of the Conquest Class and therefore ideal size

as far as many folks are concerned! ....Cabins are still regular size

(unlike some very recent ships, where 185 square feet of interior cabin space

got switched to 158 sq. ft. = NOT working for me!)

~Valor-804.jpg

Rosie-240.jpg

Bench-619.jpg

Valor-789.jpg

Beautiful pictures! 

• Like 1

I love the sweet little Valor! Honestly, the mural in the Marketplace is one of the most Instagrammable backdrops of any Carnival ships I've sailed on. 

Looking forward to being back on the Valor and sailing down the Mississippi in just a few days!

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 7:16 PM, tinkr2 said:

Ha so tell me about the purple tentacles. I have a NYE sailing on Miracle. And I'm used to Royal so I always kind of freak over Farcas ships. They do have a lot going on, every single surface.

You will enjoy her, shes a small older ship. We have an Alaska cruise booked in June on her.  I have no idea what the dining room is meant to look like, I always feel that im in  Disney under the sea Ursulas clutches.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, mips said:

You will enjoy her, shes a small older ship. We have an Alaska cruise booked in June on her.  I have no idea what the dining room is meant to look like, I always feel that im in  Disney under the sea Ursulas clutches.

We always referred to them as 'the grapes'. Just got off her sister Pride today as we traveled from Baltimore to Tampa. Loved it.  

2 hours ago, Aplmac said:

I'll have y'all know

that Carnival Valor is one hundred and ten thousand tons big!
She is no small ship,  as described above.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival_Valor

VALOR-533.jpg

VALOR-079.jpg

110,000 tons was huge not that long ago, but now is arguably a small/medium ship.

The Oasis class of RCI even made the Carnival Horizon (133,500 tons) look tiny in comparison!

To the OP: We are scheduled on the Valor in just over a year, but aren't too worried. Just think of the decor as an interesting adventure! You'll be mostly looking at things outside the ship anyways!  We've sailed the Miracle with the purple "grapes" or whatever and while not attractive at all, was one of our favorite ships regardless.