Facial recognition door opening

Norwegian Cruise Line uses facial recognition to get off and on the ship (not using SeaPass cards). The NCL system is a little slow because it is also scanning and recording your temperature. So your face has to match and you can't have a temperature, else get grabbed by the medical team. Every time you leave or come back to the ship. 

image.thumb.png.77d5b7db2047a6a6fb83e6b7111bd76b.png

image.png.73dea90f65e0c0a4211b1a47e988a7ca.png

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Oh good...slow and eliminating more jobs.  But must be cost effective.

Did you look at the picture?  It still takes security personnel to monitor it.  It just means they aren't scanning cards, but they're still there.

9 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

I must have missed it on my last cruises. 

It's fantastic especially in my last few cruises.  When disembarked picked up my bags went and on to customs.  No passport or any other inquiries and simply walked out after using the face technology system.  On my last cruise on Oasis out of Bayonne it took me no more than 15 minutes from ship to street.

1 hour ago, AustinCruise said:

Customs had a similar setup in Galveston. Fastest I’ve ever been out of that place. 

6 minutes ago, jalves said:

Port Canaveral has this as well

Some airports are using this the as well in lieu of the TSA agent checking your ID and boarding pass, also for boarding the plane at the gate

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

It's fantastic especially in my last few cruises.  When disembarked picked up my bags went and on to customs.  No passport or any other inquiries and simply walked out after using the face technology system.  On my last cruise on Oasis out of Bayonne it took me no more than 15 minutes from ship to street.

Oh, i've seen a lot of facial recognition technology(Yes, I've disembarked at Galveston) just not to open my stateroom door.