Couple questions on upcoming RCCL Allure cruise

gizbug

Sailing on Allure on 11/21 and have a few questions.

How many formal nights are there on the cruise? Trying to plan how many dress shirts need to be packed.

When do we sign up for the shows/night activities?  Once we board the ship?

I read the kids adventure club is space limited for kids.  Do we also sign up for this for our kids once we board the ship? See nothing on their app for signing up.

Thanks

They aren't "Formal nights" anymore, but "dress your best" nights, so no need to pack dress shirts unless you enjoy dressing up.

Adventure Ocean isn't necessarily limited overall, just limited guaranteed slots. But you should be able to get your kid in any time they want as walk-ins outside of your reserved times.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 2

I did the 10/31 sailing and there wasn't too many children so sign-up wasn't bad for adventure ocean. I believe they give you so many hours to sign up the 1st day, then release more as the cruise goes on. But it appears you are sailing over Thanksgiving so.....hopefully they have more hours available.

I also agree that the Ice Games, Comedy show and Mamma Mia were the most sold out. I don't know what time you board but connect to WIFI asap so you can book through the app fast.

23 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

They aren't "Formal nights" anymore, but "dress your best" nights

Unless Allure changed since we were on her on 10/17, they have one of each. The first one was listed in the Cruise Compass as "formal", and the second one was listed as "dress your best". There were quite a few people dressed up on the first night, and not so many on the second night.

8 hours ago, squares said:

Is there Room to get around on scooter for my senior parent with mobility issues ? What about to the main dining room? 

On our 10/17 Allure cruise there were so many scooters and walkers that they could have formed a scooter/walker drill team. DW had no problems at all navigating her walker around any of the venues.

Hello, just off yesterday, lots of scooters, the cabin next door had two parked in the hallway all the time which might have made some challenges for another if zipping by but the stewards were able to get the cart by so I am certain there is sufficient space. I called the reservation area as soon as we boarded and was able to get all the shows we wanted. Tenors show which I thought was going to be a possible sneak out ended up being one of my favorites. Yes Momma Mia is long but very well done. We went to the comedy club and enjoyed the show by reservation but later in the week there was a how in Amber Theater which sadly was mainly the same show.

To dress or not...we were happy to discover that formal seems to be going away. We will certainly be able to further cut packing needs in the future, very few folks dressed up.

i can’t comment on children programs but there seemed to be few kids poolside or anywhere onboard last week.

We had a wonderful trip but did find it very quiet with far less entertainment options and food options than in the past but we knew that going in and planned accordingly.

On 11/14/2021 at 1:27 PM, cindivan said:

If you want to do the small venue comedy club sign up for that right away. And mama Mia. Both of those were the most crowded venues with limited capacity we saw on the oct 31 sailing. 

do we have to wait until after we  get onboard to book those when we get checked in at 12:30 or will it open up the morning and can book in hotel room.  I'm assuming once on board, but hoping 🙂

33 minutes ago, hollon said:

do we have to wait until after we  get onboard to book those when we get checked in at 12:30 or will it open up the morning and can book in hotel room.  I'm assuming once on board, but hoping 🙂

Entertainment can only be booked on the app when connected to the ship’s wifi, or in person/by phone on board.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

Entertainment can only be booked on the app when connected to the ship’s wifi, or in person/by phone on board.

So you have to pay to use their wifi, which is what you use to book the shows?  Otherwise stand in line at the desk?

2 minutes ago, gizbug said:

So you have to pay to use their wifi, which is what you use to book the shows?  

No, you don’t need a VOOM package to use the app and book shows. A number of things work simply by connecting to the ship’s Wi-Fi, without having an internet package. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1