Black Friday sales - what day do they start?

marktwothousand

When does NCL usually start it’s Black Friday sales? Sorry for the dumb question but I’m not from America and I know some places start them thanksgiving day or even Wednesday. 

If sales start early, does anyone know if prices actually decreased  between the Wednesday and Friday that week, in the past? Or once they’re set for Black Friday (ie. if it starts early) they stay that way thru the week?

"Greatest deal ever" starts tomorrow (11/16).  Same old story but does add 250 fcc and says airfare (2024 cruises don't have airfare at the moment).

BF deals, if any, tend to be an extra promo or 2.  Nothing to get excited about, based on past years.  I'm assuming the new sale is their version of BF.  

Edited by julig22
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Old & Retired said:

Why look at an email?  Just go to the NCL front page.

Because it was pop up ~ I don't check NCL front page for news very often. I'm sure this was a mass email. Hopefully the person looking for Black Friday Information will get the information whether they go to the front page of NCL, find it in their personal email, or get a notification of this post.  

14 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

When does NCL usually start it’s Black Friday sales? Sorry for the dumb question but I’m not from America and I know some places start them thanksgiving day or even Wednesday. 

If sales start early, does anyone know if prices actually decreased  between the Wednesday and Friday that week, in the past? Or once they’re set for Black Friday (ie. if it starts early) they stay that way thru the week?

Three years ago it was the Friday after Thanksgiving in the U.S.  The price of our Haven cabin on Epic was cut in half.  The one they just announced is not much of a sale at all.  Our current cabin on Epic was reduced by a whopping $7.  

So far the Black Friday sale is not impressing me at all!!!  I expect to see some pricing discounts before I’ll get too interested in repricing/rebooking anything.  Rules to use FCC are too tricky so that is not appealing to me at all.  More game playing from NCL.

4 hours ago, Topdog52 said:

I did a screen shot Friday of a Canada New England cruise and it was $5700 Leaving 10/14. The price Today with the amazing Black Friday deal is $6100!!!! They really think we are stupid.

Didn't you know? Inflation has arrived at NCL HQ.

4 hours ago, CruiseMH said:

Obviously there are enough people who believe it and book,cause otherwhise NCL wouldn`t do it for such a long time.

Here's how the @ChiefMateJRKdoes it:

Step A: find a cruise I want to sail on.  Book it immediately.

Step B: check the price from time to time.  If it goes down, reprice it!

Step C : forget about this nonsense and enjoy my cruise. 😎

• Like 6

If you want to see what can happen with changes of pricing.   I started looking on 4th September at a couple of cruises we are on.   Here are the changes since 18th October.

Jade 2022 Nov-Dec   4-Sep   18-Oct 31-Oct 3-Nov 4-Nov 6-Nov 17-Nov

Athens-Dubai   4601   6468 7011 7460 6977 7586 7586
Dubai-Cape Town   4763   6223 6780 7242 6747 7370 8041

I wonder just what the new prices will be when the Black Friday Sale actually appears.  At the moment it is 10pm on the 16th in the East Coast USA , when is it going to appear?   According to @julig22 "Greatest deal ever" starts tomorrow (11/16)"  and I had read that elsewhere too.

28 minutes ago, casofilia said:

"Greatest deal ever" starts tomorrow (11/16)"  and I had read that elsewhere too.

Yes, the "Greatest deal ever" did indeed start at 12:00 am ET.  I'm further West, so I was able to check it earlier my time.  It flipped shortly after midnight Eastern.  That said, I don't think I would recommend anybody setting their alarm clock for these things, as they're mostly marketing goofs.  That doesn't mean that an NCL cruise doesn't provide great value for the money (whatever it winds up being).  It amuses me that some who state that "these sales are baloney, the prices are always the same or increasing" are some of the first to check the "sale" prices.

52 minutes ago, casofilia said:

If you want to see what can happen with changes of pricing.   I started looking on 4th September at a couple of cruises we are on.   Here are the changes since 18th October.

Jade 2022 Nov-Dec   4-Sep   18-Oct 31-Oct 3-Nov 4-Nov 6-Nov 17-Nov

Athens-Dubai   4601   6468 7011 7460 6977 7586 7586
Dubai-Cape Town   4763   6223 6780 7242 6747 7370 8041

I wonder just what the new prices will be when the Black Friday Sale actually appears.  At the moment it is 10pm on the 16th in the East Coast USA , when is it going to appear?   According to @julig22 "Greatest deal ever" starts tomorrow (11/16)"  and I had read that elsewhere too.

What site are you using - those prices aren't what I see on the US site.

Although the current "sale" isn't anything different than what they have been running for weeks, it's what has been advertised as BF Preview.   Will there be anything different next week - anything is possible. 

I  wouldn't expect to see the same sales across all sites, since everything is handled differently depending on site - I know the European model is totally different than the US, don't know about others.  Also, I expect pricing to be based on US currency, so fluctuations in conversion rates would definitely make a difference. 

@julig22

New Zealand Dollars as I live in New Zealand.

Also, I expect pricing to be based on US currency, so fluctuations in conversion rates would definitely make a difference.    The latest change in one price cannot be due to exchange rate changes (nor could any other)   The NZ USD rate has not changed by between 5 and 10 %

I don't know anything for sure but I did call NCL today and the lady I talked to told me to make sure and re-price my April cruise on black Friday. She didn't give me details but it sounded like she was trying to tell me that discounts were coming without coming out and saying so. Your mileage may vary but I will be watching as always!

On 11/16/2021 at 6:50 AM, BermudaBound2014 said:

Because it was pop up ~ I don't check NCL front page for news very often. I'm sure this was a mass email. Hopefully the person looking for Black Friday Information will get the information whether they go to the front page of NCL, find it in their personal email, or get a notification of this post.  

I didn't direct the question at you.  I directed at the group reading this thread.  You will get your most accurate, current information about NCL and potential sales by visiting the web page.  Not some second hand email, pop up someone posts.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

have they ever offered 3rd/4th guest free booze packs? something tells me THAT would be a legit sale people would get excited about

We are in a suite (POA) with our two young adult children and they did receive the drink package free with our booking .   We booked about two months ago.

15 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Here's how the @ChiefMateJRKdoes it:

Step A: find a cruise I want to sail on.  Book it immediately.

Step B: check the price from time to time.  If it goes down, reprice it!

Step C : forget about this nonsense and enjoy my cruise. 😎

You do have the big advantage that in case of a price drop you can so something.

We as europeans can`t. 😉

Due to several reasons this is not only uncommon,it is even practically impossible.

So we europeans have to check on the prices carefully and think much more about the moment when to book the cruise.

Therefore we have the advantage that we don`t have to check prices after booking anymore.