Reviews of a window suite?

4sslack

We have sailed in one twice - once on a Mexico cruise and once to Alaska.  Advantages are they are really big cabins, lots of storage space, great location, sort of off to themselves, excellent price to get all the benefits of a suite (you can look at the benefits on the Princess website).  That being said, we will probably never book a cabin without a balcony again.  I seem to have developed an somewhat irrational fear of being quarantined in a room without any outdoor space.  We have had friends that were stuck in theirs due to engine troubles that required the ship being towed and know of several people that were quarantined in theirs.

• Like 2

From what I hear, the Window Suite on the Enchanted is totally different than that on the Grand and Caribbean Princess.  One of the benefits of the Grand and Caribbean Princess is location on Fiesta desk right near Passenger services and all the entertainment.  The Enchanted just started cruises so no one really has any experience.  It will take a while before we hear a review.  I think Sky might have the same Window Suite as Enchanted so you might want to check member reviews from before the Pandemic to see if anyone had one.  I think the Sky only sailed less than a year before shutdown.

If the pandemic didn't arrive, I could answer.  I had a WS on the Sky booked for Spring Break '20.  The one item I was keeping my fingers crossed about was the location.  I had never done a forward cabin before.  

1 hour ago, Tak8 said:

If the pandemic didn't arrive, I could answer.  I had a WS on the Sky booked for Spring Break '20.  The one item I was keeping my fingers crossed about was the location.  I had never done a forward cabin before.  

If you don't get sea sick, don't worry about it.

We were in a forward cabin on a crossing to HI during a massive storm (high on the Beaufort scale...IIRC a 10 out of 12). We slept like babies in their rocking bed. Didn't bother us at all.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your great thoughts and comments...I watched a youtube video of a similar suite on a different ship, and appreciate the feedback!  Jury is out...never had a forward cabin like this...prefer mid-ship, but LOVE the extra space!

Yes, Window Suites on the Royal Class ships are more expensive than Vista Suites (on the forward side).  Yes, Royal Class Window Suites are on a much higher deck than the original window suites on the Grand Class ships.

I was slated to cruise in a Window Suite on the Grand.  Changed to a Window Suite on the Regal.  Changed to a Vista Suite on the Sky.  Cancelling voyage.

One can not compare Grand Class Window Suites to Royal Class Window Suites.  I think I would have liked the Regal or Sky Window Suites if they were not located so far forward on much higher decks.  I do not miss the balcony at all.  And it is really not that small.  The layout of the Sky Window Suite is unique and seems to have. plenty of space.  Location, location, location.

1 hour ago, OCruisers said:

We were quarantined in our cabin one time because my husband was sick.

No matter how large the cabin, I needed that BALCONY to not feel trapped.  

That is what I now seem to be concerned about.  Never even though about it before and we really did enjoy our window suite, all that space and the suite benefits.  We have sailed all the way forward on other lines and I would say it would depend on where we were going if we'd do that again.

Thank you for the video.  I will admit that it is a lovely cabin.  But since it is on the Sun Deck (17 I think) and way forward, it is very far away from the Connoisseur's lounge on Riviera Deck mid-aft (where all the other suites are).  I believe there are. only 2 on the Sky.  Waiting to hear the first few reviews.  

I was quarantined in an inside cabin on a cruise for three days. I got to go out in the morning and afternoon--directly to the medical center to get a temperature check--then right back to my cabin. I was sick enough not to feel trapped. I slept, watched movies on TV, and looked at stuff on my laptop. Having a window and more space would have made it better.

We were in S107 for a sea action 4 night cruise late August and loved it so much we booked it again whilst on Athena ship for a Norwegian Fjords cruise in June 22. The amount of space is amazing and the fact that you can sit in the living room and it feels totally separate to the rest of the cabin was a plus for us.  I normally always book balcony but decided to try this as it was something unique and there wasn’t any reviews out when I originally booked it.  I was worried we would feel closed in plus worried how much movement you would feel but although the sea was a bit rough it didn’t bother us, plus lovely to sit there and look out over a vast area.

21 hours ago, fabby50 said:

We have sailed in one twice - once on a Mexico cruise and once to Alaska.  Advantages are they are really big cabins, lots of storage space, great location, sort of off to themselves, excellent price to get all the benefits of a suite (you can look at the benefits on the Princess website).  That being said, we will probably never book a cabin without a balcony again.  I seem to have developed an somewhat irrational fear of being quarantined in a room without any outdoor space.  We have had friends that were stuck in theirs due to engine troubles that required the ship being towed and know of several people that were quarantined in theirs.

lol, this is me as well since covid.    fear of being stuck in a room with no balcony!

3 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

lol, this is me as well since covid.    fear of being stuck in a room with no balcony!

Totally agree and for the foreseeable future we all need to keep this in mind (possibly getting Covid while on cruise).

Though it sounds like now if you become positive during the cruise they will move you into a quarantine cabin. I hope those have balcony's for the above reason.

Cheers

10 hours ago, geoherb said:

I was quarantined in an inside cabin on a cruise for three days. I got to go out in the morning and afternoon--directly to the medical center to get a temperature check--then right back to my cabin. I was sick enough not to feel trapped. I slept, watched movies on TV, and looked at stuff on my laptop. Having a window and more space would have made it better.

Problem is .... the perfectly well person in the cabin is also quarantined.  😒

26 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

Problem is .... the perfectly well person in the cabin is also quarantined.  😒

Well, if the reason for quarantine is due to possible transmission, they also need to be separated from the general ship popopulation.

I am pleased Princess understands that a "stay in your cabin" honor system simply does not work.  An upside, perhaps, for Covid that is applicable to other health syndromes.

Edited by pms4104
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

We frequently stay in WS on the Grand.  Completely different from the newer ships.  

Never missed the balcony, but these rooms are CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP on the grand class ships.  It's always cheaper to book a WS on the grand class than it is to book a balcony and sometimes cheaper than an OV.  Especially when you have 3 or more in the same room.  

I'm going to miss the Grand Princess homing in  San Fran, sigh. 

• Like 1