Playmakers etiquette

I will be on the Oasis.  I want to watch the football games at Playmakers on Sunday afternoon.

I do not have the unlimited dining package.  I do not want to pay for surcharged food or surcharged beverages.

1. If I sit down to watch the games and I decline to order any food or beverages, will they throw me out?

2. May I bring food and beverages from a non-surcharged dining venue into Playmakers with me?

3. Will I be able to request a non-surcharged beverage from the staff at Playmakers?

Thank you.

15 minutes ago, chiguy67 said:

On our recent Symphony cruise they had the games on big screens at the aqua theater. Maybe they do the same on Oasis?

In Playmakers, they show at least SIX of the early Sunday NFL games and all of the late Sunday afternoon NFL games.  The Aqua theater only features ONE game.  So if you want to watch all or one game that's not on the big screen, Playmakers is where you'd want to be.

Not so great for college football.

Just off Freedom, and it looked like every channel was an ESPN channel (including their SEC channel). They did not have access to BTN (specifically asked), and did not notice any network stations or FS1. 

I've got YouTube TV, so I hung out in the corner of a quite lounge and streamed the game I wanted to watch on my phone.😒

44 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

Just off Freedom, and it looked like every channel was an ESPN channel (including their SEC channel). They did not have access to BTN (specifically asked), and did not notice any network stations or FS1. 

I've got YouTube TV, so I hung out in the corner of a quite lounge and streamed the game I wanted to watch on my phone.😒

That's disappointing to hear.  We are on the December 26th Oasis sailing and I know my husband and older son would love to watch some of the bowl games.  It's fine, we'll still have a great vacation, just was hoping to have that as an option.

4 hours ago, acpalmer said:

That's disappointing to hear.  We are on the December 26th Oasis sailing and I know my husband and older son would love to watch some of the bowl games.  It's fine, we'll still have a great vacation, just was hoping to have that as an option.

If the games are on ESPN/ESPN2, it's possible that they'll be on all tvs......including their cabin.  They'd also be able to watch the games at Playmakers.   Myself, I just got a bucket of beer and watched some of the college games from my balcony with the tv angled toward me last Sept and Oct on Oasis.

5 hours ago, RobInMN said:

We watched the Alabama game a week and a half ago there on the INDY. 

1 hour ago, Maitaivegas said:

Take a look at the menu- they have a tower (huge amount) of onion rings for $6.00 plus 18% tip. A lot of their appetizers are really cheap.

Who goes on a cruise to buy bar-food and snacks??

Edited by matj2000
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, zanydoc said:

We watched the Alabama game a week and a half ago there on the INDY. 

Pretty sure that game was on ESPN. But ESPN is not the end-all, be-all for college football. There's games on all 4 major networks, FS1, and I think at this point, every conference has their own network that airs games not picked up by anyone else.

Since you are apparently an Alabama fan, looks like next Saturday's Alabama vs. Ark game is on CBS. Not sure that will be watchable at Playmakers.

10 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

In Playmakers, they show at least SIX of the early Sunday NFL games and all of the late Sunday afternoon NFL games.  The Aqua theater only features ONE game.  So if you want to watch all or one game that's not on the big screen, Playmakers is where you'd want to be.

They have Sunday Ticket in Playmakers?