Antigua replaced by St. Kitts for Oasis Class Through April 2022

I wonder if these changes are only for the large Oasis class ships or for smaller ones too? We sail on Jewell in March and have both Antigua and Labadee on our itinerary. Guess we might be going on a very different cruise than we signed up for!

• Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 11:10 AM, bouhunter said:

Seriously?  Those guys are neither seedy or sketchy......nor "demanding" money.  Simply selling a service of sorts.  And anyone telling them to "go****" would be pretty rude.

Agree. We've been to St. Kitts many times and have never, ever experienced what @F27TWposted. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Disagree. We book for the itinerary. If it gets changed we adjust accordingly. 

In old times I agree with you but for the times now and moving forward until I don't know when still have to disagree, book a ship you are happy with, because know one knows if you will even get off the ship no matter where it goes.

5 hours ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

Yes but not sure about wandering freely yet. I think so but am having to look it up. 

Yes, you can wander freely in San Juan but have to wear a mask if not able to social distance I believe is their rule.    Also, I believe you have to show vaccine card if you go to a restaurant or bar.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

In old times I agree with you but for the times now and moving forward until I don't know when still have to disagree, book a ship you are happy with, because know one knows if you will even get off the ship no matter where it goes.

We would never book or not book an itinerary or a ship based on someone's suggestions, recommendations, opinions or experience's, positive or negative. 

We like all the ships we've been on based on the itineraries we've selected. Win win. 

Past or present I can only speak only for myself and my wife.  We have always and will always book for the itinerary, first. The more ports the better as we aren't huge sea day fans. We do a lot of cruises out of San Juan for that reason. More port intensive cruises. We also don't care how many times we've been to a port(s) as we always find something we enjoyed previously and sometimes something new. Looking forward to our March 2022 B2B Caribbean cruise on the Explorer out of San Juan. Been to all the ports many times. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We would never book or not book an itinerary or a ship based on someone's suggestions, recommendations, opinions or experience's, positive or negative. 

We like all the ships we've been on based on the itineraries we've selected. Win win. 

Past or present I can only speak only for myself and my wife.  We have always and will always book for the itinerary, first. The more ports the better as we aren't huge sea day fans. We do a lot of cruises out of San Juan for that reason. More port intensive cruises. We also don't care how many times we've been to a port(s) as we always find something we enjoyed previously and sometimes something new. Looking forward to our March 2022 B2B Caribbean cruise on the Explorer out of San Juan. Been to all the ports many times. 

Times like now, many are booking just for the ship themselves. Many aren't even getting off the ships at the ports from what I have been reading.

56 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Times like now, many are booking just for the ship themselves.

Many aren't even getting off the ships at the ports from what I have been reading.

You don't know that.

You and I must be reading different posts.

CC posters are a small sample of cruisers. 

5 minutes ago, poocher said:

TA notified us St Maarten will be subbed for St John’s on our March HOTS cruise.  Never been to either so I’m good.  My brother was unfortunately looking forward to St John’s.  Oh well, them’s the breaks.

Good reason to book a future cruise. 

Edited by davekathy

• 2 weeks later...