Guaranteed Cabin…when do you know the assignment.

grak

Our experience has been you always get what you pay for.   The problem is with a guarantee  you could get the worst of the category.     Above or below an entertainment center.  Near crew quarters.   Noisy location.   As said you will not get anything less then what you paid for but you could be pleasantly surprised with an upgrade.  Good Luck

Hi,

I recently booked the Love Boat theme cruise on the Majestic Princess that departs on Feb. 26. I booked a guarantee category BF (lowest-priced unobstructed balcony stateroom). I received my stateroom assignment last week and was upgraded to a BB balcony stateroom in a good location. This worked out well for me, but obviously there is no guarantee of an upgrade.

Chuck

• Like 1

I booked my cruise for February in Sept of 2020 and still have no cabin. I have looked and it has said there are no balconies available to book. Hard to figure out what's going on when the cruise was booked so long ago.

I found out two days before my cruise in August. I'm waiting for my cabin assignment for next month. It's 17 days from now. The earliest we've found out our cabin assignment was before final payment date. Only once have we received a dud. It technically was an upgrade from an obstructed view to an unobstructed one, but the cabin was tiny and the view was a recessed port hole.

We booked a guarantee S4 suite on a ship that at that time had no cabins available in that category or above and only 1 or 2 suites in lower categories.  Since then all suites have been booked up.  For a couple days there was a suite available in our category and when it disappeared I had hoped they had put us in it.  Upon checking our booking, no we are still listed as guarantee S4.   Hope sometime before March 17, 2023 we get a suite. 

What do they do if there is no cabin available come cruise time for people booked in a guarantee?   Downgrade the category and refund lots of money, or do you not get to cruise.   This is a 28 nt. cruise and we have 6 other people cruising with us in 3 other cabins.

1 hour ago, jebhoward3 said:

We booked a guarantee S4 suite on a ship that at that time had no cabins available in that category or above and only 1 or 2 suites in lower categories.  Since then all suites have been booked up.  For a couple days there was a suite available in our category and when it disappeared I had hoped they had put us in it.  Upon checking our booking, no we are still listed as guarantee S4.   Hope sometime before March 17, 2023 we get a suite. 

What do they do if there is no cabin available come cruise time for people booked in a guarantee?   Downgrade the category and refund lots of money, or do you not get to cruise.   This is a 28 nt. cruise and we have 6 other people cruising with us in 3 other cabins.

Just because you do not see any availability on Princess.com, does not mean there are no cabins.  Princess Yield Mgmt may well have blocked out cabins so they can fill the GTY demands.  If they truly over-sell, then they offer people to move to another cruise with generous compensation.