Live from the Sky Princess 11/20–12/4

KLM3164

19 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

We docked at the Puerta Maya cruise terminal. I don’t know if this is close to downtown Cozumel or not.

Puerta Maya is about an hour walk south of the main part of town.  Thanks for your response.

Cheers

8 hours ago, Highwaydude said:

Enclave is in the Lotus Spa. It’s a small retreat area with nice big hot tube, various steam rooms and relaxing places to lay down on. Here’s some photos. I pre booked mine online for $136 for the week pass. I believe it goes up to around $169 on the ship or somewhere around there. I highly recommend it. 🙂

FF777AF5-407E-4A78-A7B9-CFAC01985403.jpeg

Thank you for that....however I have not seen where we can book this on the Medallion app or online on Princess.com

On 11/29/2021 at 11:43 PM, sirclean said:

Can anyone post pictures of the buffet?

Anyone on the current sailing have photos of the buffet to share? If not, I’ll try to hop us there tonight and get a few for you. @sirclean I’m not a buffet person so I haven’t been up there this week. 

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

Thank you for that....however I have not seen where we can book this on the Medallion app or online on Princess.com

In your personalizer on princess.com, go to onboard reservations, lotus spa, relaxation areas 🙂 🥂

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, chrysalis said:

We were told this morning that there have been 300 last minute cancellations and that there will be 1600 pax on the cruise starting tomorrow.

Wow.. that's a lot of cancelations. 

DH, DD and boyfriend and I will be boarding tomorrow.  I'd just like to say thank- you to everyone who contributed to this thread.  It gave lots of great info, and really got me excited for this cruise.  Thanks especially to KLM for patiently answering my gazillion questions. 

I hope you all left some hooch onboard as I intend to whoop it up for my 50th celebration.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, suzyed said:

It’s when you log into online profile and manage booking. Should be under the available Spa Services. Look for the Enclave Pass. Hopefully you’ll find it. If not go to the Enclave when you board the ship and do a tour. If you like it, you can book it also onboard but the price seems to go up about $30 compared to the pre-booking. Hope that helps 🙂

• Like 2

Today was our last sea day and we spent it doing what we love to…..chilling by the pool. We had lunch in the MDR and once again had the yummy Blueberry Roulade for dessert. We also had our final dinner in the MDR and sadly sad goodbye to our waiter and junior waiter and another junior waiter we got to know well at our lunches in the MDR. One observation about the dinners in the MDR. Many have commented on the smaller portion sizes and I agree that they are smaller. I really appreciate this as I don’t like to see food go to waste and with the smaller portions I can usually finish my dinner. Tonight however was the exception. I ordered the roasted turkey which came with stuffing, potatoes and green beans. The portion was ridiculously large and enough for  2 or 3 people. There were 4 slices of turkey and large helpings of the sides. My plate looked like I had hardly touched me dinner. I really wish they had served a smaller portion as I felt bad not being able to eat most of what was on the plate.

The entertainer tonight was a singer named  Shea Rafferty. He is one of the Princess singers in the show Rock Opera and he has an awesome voice. I loved the variety of the music he did tonight……Bon Jovi, Tim McGraw, Journey, Michael Crawford, Elvis, Travis Tritt, Frank Sinatra, The Trammps, and a few others. I loved the variety in his selection of songs and would love to see him again someday.

I then had to come back to the room to finish packing. Luggage needed to be outside the door by 10 p.m. and we got ours out at 9:53 p.m. We seem to always cut it close so the fact that we had 7 minutes to spare was unusual. 

Tomorrow we have an 11:30 a.m. flight out of Miami so we will be in one of the first groups to walk off the ship and hug our friends goodbye. As much as I wish this vacation wasn’t coming to an end I am looking forward to 4 things this weekend: going to church, seeing my cat, sleeping in my own bed (although I dearly love the Princess beds), and getting my new iPhone. So lots to look forward to and I’m starting to plan our next cruise.

Goodnight and Ciao for now!5E6230EC-C045-46F8-ABE1-DA7BE0B454EB.thumb.jpeg.e13d8e8c13dd5a2a155db85539427190.jpegA3B12B8B-3671-4D4F-B18F-4EDF0F555D85.thumb.jpeg.8a43ac53a6e1a706dfd212039c19432a.jpeg04B830BC-05AB-44C9-9F03-79F613AB2B2E.thumb.jpeg.8f0e53911ae76272ea29a12162af1aee.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GonzoWCS said:

Thanks to everyone who gave us all sorts of useful information AND some great adventures!

Cheers

I would like to add my thanks to all who contributed such great info., pictures and answers to our questions - it is greatly appreciated.  We will be boarding a week from today, and can't wait.  Long time - no Sea.  Didn't hear any mention of Covid onboard - hope it stays that way.  Safe travels to all who are disembarking today.  Maybe we'll 'Sea' you some day.

Pat and Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Woke up early this morning so checked the port camera and got a screenshot of the ship backing into Terminal 2. Getting of the ship was a breeze. Our group was called at 8:01 and we were through customs in a few minutes. They were using facial recognition cameras so we didn’t even need our passports to get out of the terminal. Got a taxi to Miami International and arrived in plenty of time for our 11:30 flight. Safe travels to everyone who is going home today. 

7E135E7F-DE09-4911-BD0B-12D7EA97E748.jpeg

• Like 2

On 11/21/2021 at 8:00 PM, KLM3164 said:

Here’s the wine list from the MDR.

4A66AF56-DC00-4535-B359-649E702B192C.jpeg

D0EE2E7C-01DF-4F1B-AD8D-572B7D9A05FA.jpeg

F8612CA6-CA53-45B4-9A5F-6D9CAFBB12F5.jpeg

A1A0A7D8-62C0-4079-99BE-CED48878C78E.jpeg

Slim pickings on the by-the-glass selection in the MDR, probably still served in those cheesy stemmed water glasses. Instead of schlepping my wine into the DR from Vines, is it possible now to order from Vines via the medallion while you're in the DR? 

Just can't understand why Princess doesn't fix their wine program in the MDR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/4/2021 at 1:29 PM, loge23 said:

Slim pickings on the by-the-glass selection in the MDR, probably still served in those cheesy stemmed water glasses. Instead of schlepping my wine into the DR from Vines, is it possible now to order from Vines via the medallion while you're in the DR? 

Curious about the answer to this question too.  We board Regal on Thursday.  

Hmm. Agree as should be able to order any of the WBG offerings.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 10:29 AM, loge23 said:

3 hours ago, flwinejunkie said:

Curious about the answer to this question too.  We board Regal on Thursday.  

I agree that the wines by the glass selections were very limited in the MDR. If you want a good selection of WBG you do have to go to Vines and then carry your glass into the MDR. It wasn’t possible to order a glass from Vines when you were in the MDR. Our friends found one of their favorite wines on the Vines menu so they’d swing by before dinner and walk into the MDR with their glasses. It was disappointing that Vines had so many options and the MDR had so few options. As @Steelers36said you should be able to order any wines by the glass but sadly that’s currently not the case on the Sky.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/3/2021 at 10:58 PM, KLM3164 said:

Today was our last sea day and we spent it doing what we love to…..chilling by the pool. We had lunch in the MDR and once again had the yummy Blueberry Roulade for dessert. We also had our final dinner in the MDR and sadly sad goodbye to our waiter and junior waiter and another junior waiter we got to know well at our lunches in the MDR. One observation about the dinners in the MDR. Many have commented on the smaller portion sizes and I agree that they are smaller. I really appreciate this as I don’t like to see food go to waste and with the smaller portions I can usually finish my dinner. Tonight however was the exception. I ordered the roasted turkey which came with stuffing, potatoes and green beans. The portion was ridiculously large and enough for  2 or 3 people. There were 4 slices of turkey and large helpings of the sides. My plate looked like I had hardly touched me dinner. I really wish they had served a smaller portion as I felt bad not being able to eat most of what was on the plate.

The entertainer tonight was a singer named  Shea Rafferty. He is one of the Princess singers in the show Rock Opera and he has an awesome voice. I loved the variety of the music he did tonight……Bon Jovi, Tim McGraw, Journey, Michael Crawford, Elvis, Travis Tritt, Frank Sinatra, The Trammps, and a few others. I loved the variety in his selection of songs and would love to see him again someday.

I then had to come back to the room to finish packing. Luggage needed to be outside the door by 10 p.m. and we got ours out at 9:53 p.m. We seem to always cut it close so the fact that we had 7 minutes to spare was unusual. 

Tomorrow we have an 11:30 a.m. flight out of Miami so we will be in one of the first groups to walk off the ship and hug our friends goodbye. As much as I wish this vacation wasn’t coming to an end I am looking forward to 4 things this weekend: going to church, seeing my cat, sleeping in my own bed (although I dearly love the Princess beds), and getting my new iPhone. So lots to look forward to and I’m starting to plan our next cruise.

Goodnight and Ciao for now!5E6230EC-C045-46F8-ABE1-DA7BE0B454EB.thumb.jpeg.e13d8e8c13dd5a2a155db85539427190.jpegA3B12B8B-3671-4D4F-B18F-4EDF0F555D85.thumb.jpeg.8a43ac53a6e1a706dfd212039c19432a.jpeg04B830BC-05AB-44C9-9F03-79F613AB2B2E.thumb.jpeg.8f0e53911ae76272ea29a12162af1aee.jpeg

We set a personal record as we finished packing before noon.  Had our final dinner at Sabatino's.  I went for lamb and DW had the veal.  Both excellent.  Great way to finish.

The only time we ever saw a wine listing in the MDR was on our first night and it was all of 3 selections.  We asked about that in Vines later in the week and were told the MDR could get us anything they had.  Our feeling is that if the MDR has no sommeliers then they should either educate their staff or have wine lists readily available.  Another wine related oddity was that they would ask what wine we'd like before we'd seen a menu.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

I agree that the wines by the glass selections were very limited in the MDR. If you want a good selection of WBG you do have to go to Vines and then carry your glass into the MDR. It wasn’t possible to order a glass from Vines when you were in the MDR. Our friends found one of their favorite wines on the Vines menu so they’d swing by before dinner and walk into the MDR with their glasses. It was disappointing that Vines had so many options and the MDR had so few options. As @Steelers36said you should be able to order any wines by the glass but sadly that’s currently not the case on the Sky.

We were told by Fabian in Vines that the MDR could get us anything Vines had on their list.  I think it's a problem of lack of training in the MDR.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cltnccruisers said:

We were told by Fabian in Vines that the MDR could get us anything Vines had on their list.  I think it's a problem of lack of training in the MDR.

Wish we would have known this when we were on the ship, next time we’ll ask the MDR staff to get us glasses of wine from Vines. Thanks for the information.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

Wish we would have known this when we were on the ship, next time we’ll ask the MDR staff to get us glasses of wine from Vines. Thanks for the information.

We didn't know until Thursday and it was too late for us to test it.  We're on Caribbean in March and look forward to comparing the two.

• Like 1