Princess MDH - Will I be able to order more than one entree?

DrSea

17 minutes ago, DrSea said:

Things have changed since COVID. I was wondering if this core tenet of cruising (for me at least) has remained in lieu of the sweeping changes.

Thanks.

I sailed on Majestic 3 weeks ago and could order anything on the menu which had the same number of choices as before the pause. With the high cost of beef there were fewer of those options & some courses were slightly smaller but never left the dining room hungry. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I sailed on Majestic 3 weeks ago and could order anything on the menu which had the same number of choices as before the pause. With the high cost of beef there were fewer of those options & some courses were slightly smaller but never left the dining room hungry. 

Thank you, that is great news.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks, Frank!

• Like 1

I was recently on the Grand.  I wasn't looking, but didn't notice the $10 upcharge in the MDR for Crown Grill Lobster or steak.  It was there pre-Covid.  

I gained unwanted but delicious weight on my last cruise.  I, also, never left hungry.  In the back of my mind, I heard my mother say...."clean your plate".   But I couldn't.  I am glad portions are smaller.  I would say that 99% of the time, the meals were excellent (or to my liking).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

You’re welcome Tracie…good to see you posting again.

Thanks for that.  I have missed the boards, but there was nowhere to go.  And honestly, being on the boards made me a little sad and a lot wistful.  We cruise again in 4 days.  Hopefully this is a sign of brighter days to come. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I wasn't looking, but didn't notice the $10 upcharge in the MDR for Crown Grill Lobster or steak.  It was there pre-Covid. 

Yes, I have not read anyone mentioning that since the resumption of any of the ships.  I believe the cost was actually $19 and there were only two or three items offered.  I did it one evening on our last cruise pre-Covid.  I guess if we want to see it back, we need to lobby the DORO or the F&B Mgr and see what they say.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cuedon said:

Were you able to get a second lobster by itself? The last few times, they said they couldn't do that, so... had to order a second whole entree that sat mostly untouched.

We just got off the Enchanted today and yes able to get second lobster tails by themselves...

Cheers

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cuedon said:

Were you able to get a second lobster by itself? The last few times, they said they couldn't do that, so... had to order a second whole entree that sat mostly untouched.

You said "the last few times". Was it the same waiter or different waiters?

It takes the waiter more time and effort to get the lobster by itself. They prepare the standard plates in the kitchen and the waiter just goes back there and picks one up. If you request anything different, such as lobster with no sides or any other dish with a different side than the listed one, then the waiter has to place a special order and wait for it to be prepared.

• Like 1

It's a mishmash of different ships and routes, so almost definitely different waiters.

Makes sense. Though it makes me feel bad about the waste, even if I'm not directly responsible for it. (Shellfish allergy ahoy!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Just can’t imagine eating that much food. An appetizer one entree and dessert has always been plenty for me

I love fillet Mignon. I could eat multiple portions, esp since it they only serve you 4-6 oz.