Symphony OTS and Labadee

Acorn141

Hi everyone! 

Wife and I have a January 2022 trip on Symphony, and we’re unsure if we can expect to stop in Labadee due to the current political situation. Does anyone know if Royal has been stopping at Labadee and if not, where they’ve been going? Any insight would be appreciated! 

No, they haven't been.  A lot of rescheduling has been done.  Nothing is likely to change anytime soon so don't count on going there.  Our Labadee (and Jamaica) stop was changed to Costa Maya and Cozumel for our 28 Nov Harmony cruise.  

Edited by BND

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm sailing at the end of January and it says we are going to grand caymans. Seems rcl is still trying to figure out where to send some of us. 

I wish mine was going somewhere other than just the Yucatán. I brushed up on my Spanish but now I’m not getting off the ship. Lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

Yup that’s my cruise.

I would have liked to go to Grand Cayman and St Thomas, but that cruise was more $$

Neither Symphony nor any other Oasis class ships will be going to Grand Cayman unless a pier is built. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Neither Symphony nor any other Oasis class ships will be going to Grand Cayman unless a pier is built. 

True.  It takes too long to shuttle everyone over.  Love GC and have been there twice on Vision class but a pier would be nice.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm on liberty jan 30. If liberty isnt going they should tell us already. Its misleading to sell it as a cruise to caymans. Not everyone reads cc. 

Ok on Symphony 1/29/22 so just checked cruise planner and WJ is now open for dinner when it was not yesterday. I’m sad because now I’m fully convinced we will be sailing at double occupancy. This is also based on the amount of people on the CC roll call.

I guess I will be one with the mask on all the time, I’m not getting Covid on this cruise.

2 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

Ok on Symphony 1/29/22 so just checked cruise planner and WJ is now open for dinner when it was not yesterday. I’m sad because now I’m fully convinced we will be sailing at double occupancy. This is also based on the amount of people on the CC roll call.

I guess I will be one with the mask on all the time, I’m not getting Covid on this cruise.

Double occupancy?  What do you mean by that?  They've been opening the WJ when ships are sailing with 50% or more.  Also RCI has also said they'll be at closer to 60%, maybe 70% by the end of the year but it'll prob be summer before they're back to 100%.

3 hours ago, zekekelso said:

Have the Caymans even said when and if they are opening back up for cruising? 

Rcl changed my march 27 liberty to costa maya and roatan saying caymans will be closed. And they cant make it to Jamaica if no close by ports.

If its closed march 27, it will be closed jan 30th. I'd call it false advertising and I've seen a few book that particular jan 30th date for its route to caymans. Someone today says if they buy excursions for the caymans for black friday sales can they get the same discount for a new port. RCL knows they are selling a itinerary they wouldnt be going to. I'm going to costa maya dec 12 .. everything is going to costa maya now except jan 30th .. we are special sailing to caymans. 

Seems like false advertising to me selling a route they know they wouldnt be doing.

3 hours ago, zekekelso said:

Have the Caymans even said when and if they are opening back up for cruising? 

Yes and No and Maybe.

From October (bold text for emphasis)

https://caymannewsservice.com/2021/10/cruise-ship-ban-extended-to-year-end/ 

"Cabinet has officially approved the extension of the ban on all cruise ships coming to the Cayman Islands until 31 December, according to notes from the government’s front bench meeting on 28 September. The vote will see the formal regulations updated, leaving the possibility of their return on 1 January, but given the current situation with COVID-19 and the challenges posed by the virus for cruising, it is very unlikely that we will see ships of any significant size in the George Town Harbour next January or for several months after that."

From November (bold text for emphasis)

https://caymannewsservice.com/2021/11/cruise-ships-struggle-to-keep-covid-out/

The re-introduction of cruise tourism was initially pegged to Phase 5 of the border reopening plan, earmarked for January. However, now that Phase 4 has been postponed until 20 November, the new dates for Phases 5 and 6 have yet to be determined.

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Rcl changed my march 27 liberty to costa maya and roatan saying caymans will be closed. And they cant make it to Jamaica if no close by ports.

If its closed march 27, it will be closed jan 30th. I'd call it false advertising and I've seen a few book that particular jan 30th date for its route to caymans. Someone today says if they buy excursions for the caymans for black friday sales can they get the same discount for a new port. RCL knows they are selling a itinerary they wouldnt be going to. I'm going to costa maya dec 12 .. everything is going to costa maya now except jan 30th .. we are special sailing to caymans. 

Seems like false advertising to me selling a route they know they wouldnt be doing.

RCI has been doing the same thing with my Allure sailing to the Dominican Repubic. They changed multiple cruises before and after mine to Nassau as the DR pier is not finished. However they kept selling my sailing as going to the DR. They finally changed it today and notified people with reservations.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

RCI has been doing the same thing with my Allure sailing to the Dominican Repubic. They changed multiple cruises before and after mine to Nassau as the DR pier is not finished. However they kept selling my sailing as going to the DR. They finally changed it today and notified people with reservations.

You definitely don’t want to go to the DR right now, with  Haiti's dire kidnapping problem,

Just learned that our early January Harmony has canceled Labadee  and Falmouth ( NO surprise) and has replaced it with  St. Kitts and St Thomas.  The only problem is that we are not allowed to leave the St. Kitts port area without an RCCL excursion.  Well, at least  not through December 30. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1