Boarding time ?

Beth_55

7 minutes ago, Beth_55 said:

When will Celebrity assign our boarding time ? I am wanting to book Park & Go and want to know what arrival time I should put in. Thanks ! 

You will be able to select a boarding time when you check in for the cruise.

Terry has a good suggestion, but also if you get a later time, check back periodically.   On a recent Cruise I had a 1:30 slot and 2 weeks later they opened more slots and I got an 11:30.

I was thinking about boarding time recently and though how stupid it is that Celebrity gives Suites and Zenith early boarding slots that could be useful to others when we can arrive at any time.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Beth_55 said:

10:30 -11:00 am.     I checked in last night right after midnight . 😀 Yes I am excited to have a cruise booked finally ! 😉

Ours was 11:30 as the earliest. I would imagine it may depend upon the ship, port, and number of passengers embarking

On our recent Silhouette cruise, we had originally only had the option of a 3:00 PM boarding time at check-in (90 days). A few days later, I checked on the app and managed to switch to 11:30 AM. They then turned off check-in when they switched it to 45 days - so no idea if we had to redo everything or not! We didn't - and ended up with the earliest 11:30 check-in time.

We arrived at the port around 10:30, dropped off the bags with the porters, got the car parked and made our way to the terminal building. They had lines for all but the first arrival time set up - but no one was in them. We were probably in the terminal about 10-15 minutes, and most of that was because the check-in tablet was on the wrong internet. I'm pretty sure we were on the ship shortly after 11 AM, and we were not the first people aboard. We were on board so early we couldn't finish our muster drill until later!

Check-in was a breeze, and everything worked smoothly. Photos were set up on the ship near the Ensemble lounge, which worked out great as well. They were not passing out champagne, but they did have trays with drinks available on all of the bars in the main atrium area. All in all, I have to say that the embarkation changes post-Pandemic have made for a much better boarding experience!

We'll be boarding the Summit on the 26th, and I'm hoping the experience is just as smooth on the smaller ship.

Book your arriving time for 10:30 or 11 at the parking lot.  You will leave  way before 10:30 on your return.   If you get there later it doesn’t matter.   The amount of time will be the same  and if the hourly rate is more than the day rate you will be charged for the day.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

14 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

I think that the OP is inquiring about the time for getting on the ship, not getting off

The OP is asking about the time to book the parking.   The reason I mentioned leaving was because the daily rate of parking is based on days and partial days/hours.    

Trying to time the arrival time to boarding  time isn’t necessary.   If you get there later than your estimated time of arrival or book it later in the day closer to your boarding time it doesn’t matter as you be be charged for the same amount of days.  Best to book it for the time I suggested and not worry about the timing.   I have parked there many times.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅