Passenger Count for current sailings, can anyone report?

barbeyg

I had shared these Oasis stats from RCI's page with our cruise group yesterday.  Found this  looking for capacity:

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/fact-sheet/21/oasis-of-the-seas/?fbclid=IwAR0l6AYMzssmny62O9IhtmLClQ-pu_3V8IDs_OnGmSFEFniXWqtY41FnZ5g

5602 Double, 6771 total capacity

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 1

We were on the Symphony for Thanksgiving. We were told 4000 by one person/4400 by another person, out of 6500.  I don’t know if any of that is accurate. The ship is beautiful but it felt much fuller than either of those numbers would represent.  I’d be interested in finding out how accurate the information was.  If it is accurate we’d shy away from this ship over holidays due to concerns about the venues not being able to adequately service a full boat. 

On 11/30/2021 at 10:58 AM, barbeyg said:

Now that Thanksgiving is over, but the rest of the holidays are fast approaching, I hoped some of you could report the passenger count for your current sailing.

What ship are you sailing on, and what is the count?  

Thanks in advance for any replies.  🙂

Not to be rude, but I seriously do not understand the concern.  Personally, we would love the ships to be at full capacity because that would mean things are getting back to normal.  We have cruised since August and the lower capacity was very different and just not the same.  We love having lots of people on the ship

21 minutes ago, karena1 said:

Not to be rude, but I seriously do not understand the concern.  Personally, we would love the ships to be at full capacity because that would mean things are getting back to normal.  We have cruised since August and the lower capacity was very different and just not the same.  We love having lots of people on the ship

Did I say anything about not wanting company or being concerned?  😂😂😂 

Asking a simple question is just that sometimes. Curiosity.  I personally can’t wait for things to get back to normal myself, with no masks/vaccines/tests required. That’s what I would like to see.  As a stockholder, I’m looking forward to that time.

Have a good day. 🙂

• Like 1

The thanksgiving cruise on the symphony felt like a full ship to me. The windjammer was open for dinner and they had to add shows to the schedule to accommodate everyone who wanted to see them. 

The elevators had a tuff time keeping up with the crowd. There were way more than 5 people in them. 

1 minute ago, SE fla said:

….they had to add shows to the schedule to accommodate everyone who wanted to see them. 

Glad to see they are adding shows when they need to. I’m not surprised that Thanksgiving week was so busy. 🙂 When we cruise then, usually a full ship. We like to sail early December the best.

37 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

Did I say anything about not wanting company or being concerned?  😂😂😂 

Asking a simple question is just that sometimes. Curiosity.  I personally can’t wait for things to get back to normal myself, with no masks/vaccines/tests required. That’s what I would like to see.  As a stockholder, I’m looking forward to that time.

Have a good day. 🙂

Good, glad to hear that, I have seen so many posts about people complaining about too many people on the ship that it is natural to assume that when someone posts about capacity that is because they want an empty ship.  We are also shareholders so glad you feel like we do.  

• Like 1

Just now, karena1 said:

Good, glad to hear that, I have seen so many posts about people complaining about too many people on the ship that it is natural to assume that when someone posts about capacity that is because they want an empty ship.  We are also shareholders so glad you feel like we do.  

I love statistics. I guess it’s the accountant in me. 😂 

I am proud of the way RCI has handled itself. And I’m really excited to sail. It is our first back on, and I expect to cry. 🙂 Thankful here they have weathered the storm. Let’s hope the worst is behind them and us! 

51 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Was on Liberty for Thanksgiving and sailed at 81%. Protocols made it worse and don’t work for those numbers. Expecting 100% by Christmas on a lot of ships.

Won't be surprised if there's a lot of '1-n-done'/'been-there-done-that' after a crowded experience along w/ the glorious protocols.

1 hour ago, Heymarco said:

Was on Liberty for Thanksgiving and sailed at 81%. Protocols made it worse and don’t work for those numbers. Expecting 100% by Christmas on a lot of ships.

Us too. We thought it was generally fine, except for all those kids at the flow rider. 

The adding of the shows is risky for the actors. No time to rest and recover. There will be lots of injuries if they keep doing that. The shows rooms and all the seating will have to be opened up as well  and the opportunity to book shows will need to be opened up for on line bookings if they continue to add capacity to the ships. 

• Like 1

Well they checked everyone in and they had about 100 plus standing out front in the stand by line. So many people that if you had a reservation if was very difficult to get to the front of the line so you could get in. 

7 hours ago, Heymarco said:

If it was a revenue based activity such as Chops, they packed them in. Included venues such as Sorrentos required social distancing. Bubble tours had 1000s of people packed in like sardines for about an hour in the theater and queuing in lines. Once excursion was over, free to explore on your own. It all made no sense.

228F736A-4CE0-4056-B595-F43B03BDDFCB.jpeg

858D17E4-CF91-4CEA-8760-EA212B862778.jpeg

How do it know?  Like you alluded to....the revenue generating events work better than the vaccine...but be careful when done and mask up or stand on one of those 'safe zone' stickers on the floor and you're good!

Edited by bucfan2

13 hours ago, karena1 said:

Numbers won't add up...not right now anyway.   If we were currently back to full capacity on Harmony right now... with the protocols that are in place ..we would have a tough time of it. 

Elevators are still limited to six pax.   Social distancing is still evident in tables, chairs, etc.  Almost no self serve at all.  Shows have seats blocked off...etc...etc.  

This ship is also is not back to being fully staffed with crew members.  

I am happy we are at half capacity right now.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 6:37 PM, SE fla said:

The thanksgiving cruise on the symphony felt like a full ship to me.

We were on that sailing. I believe we were told about 3800 guests.  820 kids!!

Just off Mariner yesterday with 1800 guests. The LA told us Royal is currently sailing with 70% maximum.

Boarding Allure tomorrow and it will be interesting to see the count.

• Like 1