Passenger Count for current sailings, can anyone report?

barbeyg

3 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

We need to move on with this capacity talk.  It does not matter since everyone is vaccinated.

I'm on the Symphony of the Seas right now. This is the December 11 sailing out of Miami with an Eastern Caribbean itinerary.  We have 4003 passengers according to a Guest Services staff member last night who looked it up on the computer. My desire for lower passenger count is not merely about vaccinated versus not vaccinated. The ship feels full enough for me. Not crammed, but plenty people. I personally would not want to be on here with more people. So, I'm enjoying it now. Perhaps sailing at full load is not for me. No problem. So, I will enjoy this while I can. Everyone has their own preferences. Lower than a full load is mine. If you enjoy full ships, great for you.  Happy sailing to you and everyone else out there 🤗😁

Edited by blueslily

19 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

The 5400 capacity is apparently incorrect @Biker19 waiting for Biker to update and then confirm correct %

Isn't 5400 (or so) the capacity based on double occupancy?  There's a higher one with 3rd/4th passengers in cabins.  I know we've sailed on VERY full RC ships in the past where there were a lot of kids (spring breaks) - so many cabins likely had more than 2.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Capacity 5400

Sailing at 67% Capacity

The 5400 capacity is apparently incorrect @Biker19 waiting for Biker to update and then confirm correct %

They added right around 100 cabins during the AMP and Wikipedia says 5606 which sounds about right. So around 64%.

25 minutes ago, moonltnite said:

I know we've sailed on VERY full RC ships in the past where there were a lot of kids (spring breaks) - so many cabins likely had more than 2.  

Yes, pre COVID, RCCL reported 108%+ sailing capacity across all of their brands (maybe higher on RCI itself).

2 hours ago, moonltnite said:

Isn't 5400 (or so) the capacity based on double occupancy?  There's a higher one with 3rd/4th passengers in cabins.  I know we've sailed on VERY full RC ships in the past where there were a lot of kids (spring breaks) - so many cabins likely had more than 2.  

Yes you are absolutely correct on the 5400, that’s how I initially calculated the % 👍🏻
Happy Days!

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 3:49 PM, little britain said:

Anthem this week 2800.

3900 predicted for the Christmas sailing.

One would think that Windjammer is going to be hard to get into that week, with all of the "social distance" tables blocked off.

1 minute ago, karl_nj said:

One would think that Windjammer is going to be hard to get into that week, with all of the "social distance" tables blocked off.

That seems to be ignored- folks sitting at just about every table, including past the roped off area towards the back. 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

That seems to be ignored- folks sitting at just about every table, including past the roped off area towards the back. 

They aren't keeping occupancy down in Windjammer by keeping count of passengers coming in and out anymore?  On Oasis at the end of October that was the procedure—so you had a very long, not very socially distanced line of people waiting to be let into Windjammer.

23 minutes ago, karl_nj said:

They aren't keeping occupancy down in Windjammer by keeping count of passengers coming in and out anymore?  

They may be counting but scanning of the Seapass card seems to have been abandoned and the only bottle neck is the hand wash station and that is only at opening. 

11 hours ago, Biker19 said:

They may be counting but scanning of the Seapass card seems to have been abandoned and the only bottle neck is the hand wash station and that is only at opening. 

They were scanning last week and the week before on Harmony, on entry and exit.  

Plus I did not see and social distance of tables.  Everything seemed to be open, both sides.  

Edited by island lady

They were scanning cards on Independence last week, on entry and exit to Windjammer. No social distancing of tables, but they flipped a card on the table when it needed to be cleaned/sanitized. Only one side of the buffet had food, but you could sit on either side. I heard our passenger count was around 2600. This was for the 4-day mid-week cruise. It did not feel crowded.

17 hours ago, Biker19 said:

5 hours ago, island lady said:

They were scanning last week and the week before on Harmony, on entry and exit.  

Plus I did not see and social distance of tables.  Everything seemed to be open, both sides.  

5 hours ago, SplashOfWater said:

They were scanning cards on Independence last week, on entry and exit to Windjammer. No social distancing of tables, but they flipped a card on the table when it needed to be cleaned/sanitized. Only one side of the buffet had food, but you could sit on either side. I heard our passenger count was around 2600. This was for the 4-day mid-week cruise. It did not feel crowded.

OK, thanks -- it sounds like Windjammer restaurant capacity (e.g. tables available to sit at) has been going up along with the increased passenger count.  Glad to hear it.

We were about 1/2 full on Explorer last week.  It was fine, but hoping when we are on Freedom for Christmas next weekend that we have a TON of people on the ship.  Just cannot wait until they are full again, not happening anytime soon, but will be glad when it does