WHO advises people 60 or older to postpone travel due to Omicron

bajathree

Here you go....

From Peter Alexander.

BREAKING: The CDC confirms the first case of Omicron in the US was identified in San Francisco. The individual was a traveler who returned from South Africa on November 22. They were fully vaccinated and had mild symptoms.

1 minute ago, OnTheJourney said:

TR....I think you and I exchanged some posts already along the way....that ol' PA connection! 

Yeah- Here in PA we only have to look forward to Dr. Oz who just announced he is running for the vacant senate seat.  And he is not even from PA.  I actually thought this was a joke.  But no it is real.  Well maybe he can get COVID under control in our state and reinitiate cruising from Philadelphia!😀

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, earlydiner said:

I went to my  doctor the other day and asked him "when will this pandemic be over?"

His answer was " I don't know, I'm a doctor not a politician."

See my comment below about Dr. Oz who is a doctor and wants to be a politician.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Here you go....

From Peter Alexander.

BREAKING: The CDC confirms the first case of Omicron in the US was identified in San Francisco. The individual was a traveler who returned from South Africa on November 22. They were fully vaccinated and had mild symptoms.

yeah the genie is out of the bottle.  That is why travel restrictions are ludicrous at this point.  We will travel, cruise and just move forward with some caution but no major concerns.  Three vaccine shots and counting!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Well maybe he can get COVID under control in our state and reinitiate cruising from Philadelphia!😀

lol...I sort of lost faith in that guy after he spoke about reopening schools with there possibly "only being around 2-3% total mortality". Good grief!! Not too comforting if your kid winds up being one of them!  Hard to comment too much on this without really getting political, which is sometimes frowned upon here. 

3 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

yeah the genie is out of the bottle.  That is why travel restrictions are ludicrous at this point.  We will travel, cruise and just move forward with some caution but no major concerns.  Three vaccine shots and counting!

I'm leaving for Orange County in less than two weeks to see my Grandson. I hope they do not close the state 😉. 3 shots for me too, no underlying health issues, and a direct 2 hour flight. I will take the risk because this is getting to be ridiculous.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

lol...I sort of lost faith in that guy after he spoke about reopening schools with there possibly "only being around 2-3% total mortality". Good grief!! Not too comforting if your kid winds up being one of them!  Hard to comment too much on this without really getting political, which is sometimes frowned upon here. 

Even though I refer to Dr Oz as Dr Quack and think that he is somewhat of an idiot in the health claims he makes, his comment about mortality was a 2-3% change in total mortality, not 2-3% mortality in the school population in other words if we would have had 200,000 deaths without the schools being open the number would have been 204,000 to 206,000 with schools open according to his comment.  Most of which would be the elderly and other at risk individuals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nocl said:

Even though I refer to Dr Oz as Dr Quack and think that he is somewhat of an idiot in the health claims he makes, his comment about mortality was a 2-3% change in total mortality, not 2-3% mortality in the school population in other words if we would have had 200,000 deaths without the schools being open the number would have been 204,000 to 206,000 with schools open according to his comment.  Most of which would be the elderly and other at risk individuals.

Thanks NOCL.I like you.

Don't get too technical with the science stuff here. We are having fun today. ;-))

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, padgman1 said:

Had a senior flashback.....just think, if Keith Moon were still alive playing drums at his iconic pace, COVID-19 would be wiped off the face of the earth...it wouldn't stand a chance...

Agree. I started playing the drums in 1967. My playing style was a lot like Keith's and Paul Whaley of Blue Cheer. Now my style is more like Mic Fleetwood. 

1 hour ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Here you go....

From Peter Alexander.

Oh no, I better get out of Dodge!  I am in San Diego for a few weeks and this is just up the freeway from me!  Thanks TB for this info, stay away from Orange County, LOL.  Obviously JK, but let the hysteria begin, LOL.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Oh no, I better get out of Dodge!  I am in San Diego for a few weeks and this is just up the freeway from me!  Thanks TB for this info, stay away from Orange County, LOL.  Obviously JK, but let the hysteria begin, LOL.

Actually, I saw this info on Twitter and if you could only read the comments. They are hilarious. People have had it with the so called science we have listened to and have followed their advice for so long.

Moronic

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Yeah- Here in PA we only have to look forward to Dr. Oz who just announced he is running for the vacant senate seat.  And he is not even from PA.  I actually thought this was a joke.  But no it is real.  Well maybe he can get COVID under control in our state and reinitiate cruising from Philadelphia!😀

Neither Hillary nor Bobby Kennedy were from NY.  Didn't stop them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Actually, I saw this info on Twitter and if you could only read the comments. They are hilarious. People have had it with the so called science we have listened to and have followed their advice for so long.

Moronic

Oh buckle your seat belt, the CC "scientists" will be here very soon.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Definitely time to re-open the port of Philadelphia

• Like 1