Royal's ships 2023/24

3 hours ago, resordanis said:

Update on the Billiard Balls. 64 have been found. Apparently a hole in the billard table and the balls were slipping into this hole.So not only were the 22 found but some additional found also. A case of believe it or not🤣 it will be repaired in Sydney.

Had to double check the date, making sure it wasn't Apr-1!!

No-one had noticed that many balls disappearing, until, what all 22 went down the plug hole???

From my youth, I know that the 22 balls were not billiard balls, but snooker balls. Billiards is played with just 3 balls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, resordanis said:

Update on the Billiard Balls. 64 have been found. Apparently a hole in the billard table and the balls were slipping into this hole.So not only were the 22 found but some additional found also. A case of believe it or not🤣 it will be repaired in Sydney.

What a load of BS, the balls have been purloined.

9 hours ago, resordanis said:

Glad that the Captain has finally got his balls back.

It deserves some OBC as a sincere apology.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NSWP said:

Jean, do you believe in fairies, lol.

Well, no, hehehe, but the hole in the bottom of the table discovery (although how did it get there?) seems more likely than someone stealing the balls - I could understand one or two "disappearing" to supplement someone's own supply if they were missing the odd ones, but not 22 - afterall, they would add a bit of weight to their luggage!

I'm guessing the ship staff scoured through CCTV, couldn't see anything amiss so then started to check all other likely and unlikely possibilities 🎱 

I don't believe in 🧚‍♂️🧚‍♀️... but I'm optimistic that Santa 🎅 and his reindeer 🦌🦌🦌🦌 drop by this Sunday night 😊 📦 🎄 

Edited by Jean C
  • Like 1

Royal Caribbean now has a partnership with the new Florida high speed train that runs between the the main ports and airports.

Use the promo code Royal 15 for 15% discount.

I believe they have a ship shuttle at each port.

IMG_0849.thumb.png.08303cfd8a22b92ea79600479e117b79.png

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-is-brightline-what-are-its-benefits

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Royal Caribbean now has a partnership with the new Florida high speed train that runs between the the main ports and airports.

Use the promo code Royal 15 for 15% discount.

I believe they have a ship shuttle at each port.

IMG_0849.thumb.png.08303cfd8a22b92ea79600479e117b79.png

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-is-brightline-what-are-its-benefits

It’s not cheap that train Chilli.

I would love to do it. 

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

It’s not cheap that train Chilli.

I would love to do it. 

No it’s not cheap but it’s a convenient alternative to hiring a car or plane.

Quite often I read about people having to get from Port Canaveral to Fort Lauderdale to join another ship. I don’t believe there’s a shuttle service it just Taxi .

When they put in the station at Coco beach it will be a breeze.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

No it’s not cheap but it’s a convenient alternative to hiring a car or plane.

Quite often I read about people having to get from Port Canaveral to Fort Lauderdale to join another ship. I don’t believe there’s a shuttle service it just Taxi .

When they put in the station at Coco beach it will be a breeze.

I have had. to get from Orlando twice to Fort Lauderdale and have hired a car both times. It is a boring drive. 

I would have definitely used the train at least once being a rail buff for the journey if it was opened. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, springaussie said:

I am reading elsewhere.

Yesterday a blitz happened on Carnival Splendor boarding in Sydney for the right travel insurance for the South Pacific, 

(Just a  Heads Up)

They didn't have any travel insurance.  As it's now a stipulation to enter New Caledonia they would have had plenty of warning to get it or be denied boarding. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joejoe 59 said:

They didn't have any travel insurance.  As it's now a stipulation to enter New Caledonia they would have had plenty of warning to get it or be denied boarding. 

Correct. It is there in communications along the way. We board on Boxing Day, and have another "know before you go" email today. It definitely spells out the need for providing printed proof of travel insurance for any cruise visiting Noumea or Lifou.

I understand the reason why people ignore this, as it was a "requirement* for many years before it was ever enforced.

11 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

@springaussie

I saw Celebrity Edge in Sydney today, what a ship!

Just looking at booking some cruises in the future and in 25-26 Celebrity are advertising ??it looks like it’s locking in Cairns .

You posted something about Ports North allowing larger ships into Cairns. Any update on that?

IMG_0419.thumb.jpeg.a97d690f59634f39b806bd14359282b1.jpeg

Chilli the Ports North Booking  shows  Celebrity Edge 29 February 2024 at Yorkeys Knob. 
I haven’t heard  since pre Covid about the size going to Voyager Class. It was going to be a gradual trial of size. 

38 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Chilli the Ports North Booking  shows  Celebrity Edge 29 February 2024 at Yorkeys Knob. 
I haven’t heard  since pre Covid about the size going to Voyager Class. It was going to be a gradual trial of size. 

Ports North only show upto 2024 .

it’s only 8 meters over the limit.

https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/os-data-2/portsnorth-com-au/listingforms/page624/cruise_schedule_-_2024.pdf