Boarding Symphony tomorrow… a few last minute questions

Jenna

Hi! Currently at the airport to fly to Miami for our honeymoon tomorrow and I just have a few last minute questions:

1. To avoid any charges but to still use the Wi-Fi, all I have to do is turn airplane mode on but re-activate Wi-Fi? Or is there something additional?

2. We are in a junior suite, so we can go to Coastal Kitchen for dinner if there is space. Can we make a reservation for that night or is it standby only and we have to just go there for dinner and see if they can fit us in? 
3. Is there a central place for booking specialty dining or do we have to go to each restaurant?

4. We have the three night dining package. Do we have to use it on the first or second night? We were hoping to do CK the first night and MDR the second. 
5. The escape room, during COVID times, are we able to do it if we have less than six people? We don’t mind doing it by ourselves, that’s actually how we like to do escape rooms. 
6. Anyone know if they’re doing the Love and Marriage game on Symphony? We would love to try to get on. If so, any tips for that?

Thank you so much!! We are so so excited. It’s his first cruise ever, and I have only been on one in 2008 when I was 16. 

• Like 1

1.enable Airplane mode, than turn on your WiFi and connect to your ship's name WiFi to use APP.

3. You can go to any specialty dining venue the 1st day and they can ame all the reservations for you at any restaurant, sometime they even have a table where they are selling "PACKAGES" that can also set up our reservations.

4.You can use your 3 specialty dining, any night at any restaurant. Just book it on 1st day. 

6.You need to be newly wed's or been married for over 40 years to even be considered. This is what I have noticed in the past.

38 minutes ago, Jenna said:

Hi! Currently at the airport to fly to Miami for our honeymoon tomorrow and I just have a few last minute questions:

1. To avoid any charges but to still use the Wi-Fi, all I have to do is turn airplane mode on but re-activate Wi-Fi? Or is there something additional?

2. We are in a junior suite, so we can go to Coastal Kitchen for dinner if there is space. Can we make a reservation for that night or is it standby only and we have to just go there for dinner and see if they can fit us in? 
3. Is there a central place for booking specialty dining or do we have to go to each restaurant?

4. We have the three night dining package. Do we have to use it on the first or second night? We were hoping to do CK the first night and MDR the second. 
5. The escape room, during COVID times, are we able to do it if we have less than six people? We don’t mind doing it by ourselves, that’s actually how we like to do escape rooms. 
6. Anyone know if they’re doing the Love and Marriage game on Symphony? We would love to try to get on. If so, any tips for that?

Thank you so much!! We are so so excited. It’s his first cruise ever, and I have only been on one in 2008 when I was 16. 

#5 - is the Escape Room open for sure? Last we heard, it wasn't, and that actually is part of the reason we cancelled our Dec 4 Symphony sailing. Our first date and engagement were both in escape rooms, and we've probably done about 50 on various trips, so getting to do one on my fiance's first cruise was a really important thing for us.

Lines are long for Specialty dinning reservations at the Promenade kiosk.  Go straight up to Wonderland as we have found the lines to be only a few minutes wait, they will make all reservations for you for the week.  We have never had a first or second night reservation pre assigned on Oasis Class. Be sure to check out free breakfast at Johnny Rockets and don't miss the sea day Tutti salad bar in MDR for lunch, if they still have it with covid protocols . IF the App is working and you have waiting time in the terminal you can make your specialty reservations before you board. If you plan to eat at Wonderland you can time your reservation with a Aqua show and get a table for two by the window. Being on a honeymoon I would guess you are planning on a MDR table for two, if so the two tops by the railing of the balcony are fairly private and well spaced out. We always make a trip to MDR as soon as we board to check out our table assignment and make changes if we don't like the location. Symphony is awesome, happy cruising and congrats on the marriage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alexgtp said:

6.You need to be newly wed's or been married for over 40 years to even be considered. This is what I have noticed in the past.

That's not how they did it on the Freedom in September. They had all different ages. She also said they were going on the cruise for their honeymoon so I think she qualifies as being a newlywed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, P_and_L said:

#5 - is the Escape Room open for sure? Last we heard, it wasn't, and that actually is part of the reason we cancelled our Dec 4 Symphony sailing. Our first date and engagement were both in escape rooms, and we've probably done about 50 on various trips, so getting to do one on my fiance's first cruise was a really important thing for us.

the escape room was open 2 weeks ago when we were on Symphony.  We actually wanted to do it but they booked up fast.

1 hour ago, Jenna said:

Oops I forgot a question! Our check in time is 11:30 - since junior suites are included in priority checking, does that mean we could (attempt at least) to check in at 10:30?

Try it then keep us posted 

2 hours ago, Jenna said:

Oops I forgot a question! Our check in time is 11:30 - since junior suites are included in priority checking, does that mean we could (attempt at least) to check in at 10:30?

As long as your set sail pass says suite you can board the 1hr each way as long as the terminal is open. Since there can be late disembarkment until after 9am, there is no way to board before 11am. I don't know if they will allow you to check-in and wait if you aren't Star class.

6 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Be sure to check out free breakfast at Johnny Rockets and don't miss the sea day Tutti salad bar in MDR for lunch, if they still have it with covid protocols .

FYI, we were on her in October. At that time (due to small capacity) Johnny Rockets wasn't open for breakfast 😞 we always enjoyed that as well. No Tutti salad bar at lunch either, not sure why as in the Windjammer they serve you, so I would think they could do that with the salad bar but it might have been capacity limits as well. Also, due to hardly anyone on our sailing (roughly 2,400) the Windjammer was only open for breakfast and lunch. Enjoy your trip! We had such a good time and will sail on her again in April.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jenna said:

Hope you have better luck getting on at any time.  Our check in time was the same as yours. The Nov.13 embarkation was a nightmare. Got there at our assigned time.  Took us 1.5 hour to make it into the building to begin the check in process.  It was crazy.  Never heard what the hold up was.