Your most Memorable Cruise Director(s)?

havanadaydreaming

Island girl was cruise director on my first cruise on fantasy. I haven’t seen or heard of her since. 

Ben Lambert was cruise director on a few ecstasy cruises and was awesome as well. 

finally, Emma on the sunshine was great. 

the rest of them I don’t really remember

I really enjoyed Gary on the Magic (though he's leaving the fleet for a job on the mainland after this contract) -- it was the sailing restart, so there weren't many of us on-board and he was always kind to have a conversation about the ship or his career experience in making it to cruise director.

Mike Pack on the Mardi Gras was outstanding -- in fact, the whole Fun Squad on that ship was awesome. I think both Andy from the Punchliner and Bingo Host Jake will be excellent new CDs when their time comes!

• Like 2

After our recent Pride cruise I put on an excel sheet of all our cruises, ports and CD’s.  Matt Mitchum(with Cookie) on Vista, Mike Pack on Horizon but on my17th cruise on the Pride we had Frankie and he has to be my favorite.  

Edited by WhiteOptima

3 hours ago, famof4togo said:

We always remember and loved Weeeee Jimmy....but I know people either loved or hated him.

Funny you say that. I didnt like him or "get him" at first but a day or two in he really grew on me. We ended up having a blast with him.

The ones I remember:

Chris "The Flying Scotsman"- insanely talented singer and performer, he's the best CD we've had.

"Donkey" Salazar- much more reserved than Chris, he was a lot of fun and knew how to stay out of the way (and kept announcements to a minimum).

The "Reverend Dr E"- also very talented and a lot of fun. 

We also had one we hated, his first name was "Jace" but I can't remember his last name. I just remember he thought he was talented and funny, but he wasn't. He also didn't seem capable of leaving the PA system alone...

56 minutes ago, sunonfire said:

Frankie Portera. He normally sails from Tampa on the Spirit class ships. He is a very regular guy. You see him all over the ship and he wllingly answers questions from the passengers. He is very approachable. He isn’t annoying.

Agreed! Frankie was great on my recent Pride cruise for this reason. Seems like a normal guy and didn’t irritate me. A much more “adult” cruise director than some of the others.

Recently found Felippe, on the other hand, to be more annoying than anything. He also encouraged nonsense.  I’m sure he’s a really nice guy but it was just too much. 

Edited by alyssal01

I really enjoyed Marcelo when he was on the Fascination out of San Juan. I think he moved over to Royal Caribbean now. Leon on the Paradise in March 2020 was also such a nice guy! 

Slightly off topic-Jacky from NCL is one of my favorites. I think he's on the NCL Escape now. On Royal, Hugo from Adventure OTS seemed nice, but was literally never to be seen. 

2 hours ago, mcgore83 said:

Anyone know where Rev. Dr. E is?

Hi McGore83 🙂

Rev Dr E (Eversen Bevelle) is very active on his Facebook page & on his Instagram page. 

He recently put a video on Facebook titled, "Will Dr E. be a cruise director again".

Just type his name (Eversen Bevelle) into the search on Facebook & Instagram, he'll come right up.

🌴