The Daily for Monday December 06, 2021

richwmn

11 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good afternoon, for most of the day I haven’t been able to post or like..  now we are properly ensconced in our hotel in Bellingham I managed to persuade CC to behave and let me in on my iPhone.  @dfish, I’m so sorry about your cousin and her grandson.  Prayers for them both.  Also for Jean and John and @StLouisCruisersDMIL - and of course for Tana.  Happy Birthday to @Cat in my lap , and  happy cruising to @Crazy For Cats.  Great upgrade!

We had no problems crossing the border this afternoon.  The ferry ride from Victoria to the mainland (almost a cruise 😀) was uneventful.  Just about everyone was masked, so we felt pretty safe.  At the border we just showed our Nexus cards and were waved through.  The border guy didn’t even ask if we were vaccinated.  Along the highway there were signs “Welcome back, Canada!  We missed you.”  And “welcome back, eh!”  The lady at the hotel desk thinks Olive Garden is open for dine in, so we will walk over there in the rain for dinner.  We did a bit of shopping at Costco and Bellis Fair on the way to the hotel.  And I dropped off a prescription at Walgreens,  where there was a line of people waiting for their free boosters, some were quite young.  I wish it was as easy to do in Canada!  DD is hoping she will get her “invitation” in January.  

All in all, a successful day, I think.  

Did you get to See's?

Roy

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, oakridger said:

@*Miss G*- I would say that See's is a very good quality American style chocolate.  My favorite box is called "Nuts and Chews"!!  I also like the peanut brittle.  Hmmmm.....may have to stop by the local store tomorrow!

~Nancy 

Thank you, @oakridger!  I may wander in there, next time, and take a look.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

I had never even heard of See’s until I read it in the Daily.  Today I was in a mall and there was a See’s!  I didn’t go in.  Is it comparable to Swiss chocolate?

Next time go in. Pre-covid they gave you a free sample as you walked in. 😋

9 minutes ago, oakridger said:

@*Miss G*- I would say that See's is a very good quality American style chocolate.  My favorite box is called "Nuts and Chews"!!  I also like the peanut brittle.  Hmmmm.....may have to stop by the local store tomorrow!

~Nancy 

Favorites in this house are the “soft centers” and “molasses chips.” 😋

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

As usual, late to the party.  Hope everyone had a great Monday!

@dfishso sorry to read of the tragedy for your family.  My condolences to everyone.  Hope that it is not too unsettling for your cousin and that peace will ensue.

@StLouisCruisersmy condolences on the passing of your friend and prayers for his wife that she find peace.

It is chilly here here with no precipitation on the horizon.  We need rain/snow so desperately.  Colorado snow affects so many states!!

Tomorrow  I am taking my BFF (since we were 15yo) and her DH to dinner.  She will be 80.  Yes, she was born 12/07/1941 - Pearl Harbor Day.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Unfortunately, I have heard from Jean, John's wife and she said he passed away Saturday morning.  He is now free of pain and abounding in peace and joy.  If you will just say a prayer for his soul, he can now be removed from the prayer list at that point, @rafinmd.  Thanks to all.

John is finally at peace and free from pain. Prayers for Jean and their family and friends. 🙏

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

As usual, late to the party.  Hope everyone had a great Monday!

@dfishso sorry to read of the tragedy for your family.  My condolences to everyone.  Hope that it is not too unsettling for your cousin and that peace will ensue.

@StLouisCruisersmy condolences on the passing of your friend and prayers for his wife that she find peace.

It is chilly here here with no precipitation on the horizon.  We need rain/snow so desperately.  Colorado snow affects so many states!!

Tomorrow  I am taking my BFF (since we were 15yo) and her DH to dinner.  She will be 80.  Yes, she was born 12/07/1941 - Pearl Harbor Day.

We, on the other hand have lots of precipitation in the forecast..... just have to wait and see if it shows up. Thursday and Friday look the most likely.

dfish - I am so sorry to hear of your cousin's accident and the sad loss of her grandson. I hope she can find some peace within herself.

I have to tell you all, I truly do send condolences and healing thoughts, even when I can not post them. Between an aging computer and an aging computer user.... well, you get the picture.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I think you are correct.  We have a 9:30 boarding time.

Have a great time!

8 hours ago, durangoscots said:

dfish - I am so sorry to hear of your cousin's accident and the sad loss of her grandson. I hope she can find some peace within herself.

Thank you so much.   She needs those prayers.

8 hours ago, cruzn single said:

Thank you so much.  It will be a difficult road ahead for her.

• Like 2