Guaranteed Balcony- where are they located?

dayzees13

We are looking to book on Symphony this spring and have selected a Guaranteed Balcony in the past.  This time, our option does not state whether the location would be Central Park, Boardwalk, or Ocean View balcony, it simply states "Balcony Guarantee".  Does anyone know what this means specifically?  Could we be assigned to any location (ie Central Park/Boardwalk/Ocean View)? 

image.png.b85b74ec08ceee310a39eb228f6159b9.png

Edited by dayzees13

9 minutes ago, dayzees13 said:

We are looking to book on Symphony this spring and have selected a Guaranteed Balcony in the past.  This time, our option does not state whether the location would be Central Park, Boardwalk, or Ocean View balcony, it simply states "Balcony Guarantee".  Does anyone know what this means specifically?  Could we be assigned to any location (ie Central Park/Boardwalk/Ocean View)? 

Should be an Ocean View.

CP and BW are called Neighborhood Guarantee

• Like 1

I've definitely seen a generic Balcony Guarantee recently. For Oasis class it used to be that you'd click on balcony and then get choices - CP, BW, OV - and then after you picked one you got the we pick or you pick. Now when you select balcony it goes right to we/you pick. And if you select we pick it goes right to the passenger info with it saying Balcony Guarantee. Without paying a deposit I didn't see anything but Balcony Guarantee - the website doesn't show the booking code. 

For the random sailing I selected the guarantee balc was 1300, CP 1800, BW almost 1900, and OV started at 2100. 

With the change I have a feeling that it's just a generic balcony guarantee now so you could be stuck in CP/BW. 

Ok, I just went to the travel agent website I use and for the same sailing, if I select the guaranteed balcony rate that's the same price - when I click through their site it says XN. If I wanted XB it was $200 more. 

Edited by smplybcause

I was in contact with RC via Twitter and they responded that the price was for Oceanview Balcony and to send them my reservation number once completed.  I did so and was told it was a Neighborhood View guarantee and that I needed to call the reservations number.  Just a heads up to anyone else in this situation as I'm now stuck with an incorrect reservation and I specifically didn't call as I'm at work and not able to sit on hold.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2021 at 3:34 PM, dayzees13 said:

I booked a Guaranteed Balcony on Anthem (you can be allocated a balcony cabin anywhere on the ship) and when I logged into my RC account my cabin had been assigned and it was an outside balcony (11292). I'm happy with my allocation.

36 minutes ago, Tipsy tea party said:

I booked a Guaranteed Balcony on Anthem (you can be allocated a balcony cabin anywhere on the ship) and when I logged into my RC account my cabin had been assigned and it was an outside balcony (11292). I'm happy with my allocation.

Quantum class ships (Anthem is one) do not have Neighborhood Balconies, those are only on Oasis class.

• Like 1

I booked a balcony gty on Symphony just the other day. When I got my confirmation, it said Neighborhood Balcony Gty. Followed quickly by a Royal Up offer to an oceanview balcony.

Chances are on Oasis class, the balcony gty starts at CP/BW

22 minutes ago, melbur said:

I booked a balcony gty on Symphony just the other day. When I got my confirmation, it said Neighborhood Balcony Gty. Followed quickly by a Royal Up offer to an oceanview balcony.

Chances are on Oasis class, the balcony gty starts at CP/BW

We enjoyed the CP balcony on deck 12- but  Boardwalk isn't good- you can be by the merry go round or other very noisy place.  Consider the 9th deck in Central park.  It is considered an inside cabin- but huge picture window- and window seat- peaceful and very cheap as it is considered inside- stateroom.  

Enjoy your cruise.