Dec 13 Constellation B2B - East/West Caribbean (Holiday) Cruise

Ken the cruiser

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We had a good time on the Harbor Tour, but they were able to fix their catamaran, so no ferry substitution. However, the free rum punches are now a thing of the past with cruising starting to get back into full swing. Instead, we got one complimentary fruit punch with ice. But if you wanted it with rum, it was an addition $7. But, the hour boat ride was still worth it I believe.

AA570583-1566-4CE8-A3EE-52D046B3D5CA.thumb.jpeg.4324f641c25f6fff785942edc6fc87f0.jpeg4D2CF3CF-EE63-4B5C-BF9A-3C0C00A60F59.thumb.jpeg.6cc2e35fa7316f6fd8940cc084e94d23.jpeg

Ken, did you have to have a health visa to get off in the Bahamas?   I did a chat session the other day with someone from the Bahamian govt and they said even cruisers needed the health visa.  Has that been your experience?

56 minutes ago, CruiserFromSC said:

Ken, did you have to have a health visa to get off in the Bahamas?   I did a chat session the other day with someone from the Bahamian govt and they said even cruisers needed the health visa.  Has that been your experience?

No. The ship might have gotten a blanket one for the whole ship since we’re all fully vaccinated and had to produce a negative COVID test before boarding. But we were not required to show anything other that a photo ID and our ship card. 

4 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

No. The ship might have gotten a blanket one for the whole ship since we’re all fully vaccinated and had to produce a negative COVID test before boarding. But we were not required to show anything other that a photo ID and our ship card. 

Thank you.  I’m very much enjoying your “live from.”  Enjoy the rest of your cruise. 

• Thanks 1

Another fun evening on the ship! After having another tasty dinner at Luminae, to include their flaming chocolate ball dessert, we first went to Pub Trivia in the Reflections Lounge before heading down to watch the very funny Whisper Challenge in the Rendezvous Lounge. Then, it was off to the main theater to watch a wonderful Latin Ballroom Dancing show, Alex and Magdalena. After that, we took a break passing on the Abba Sing Along Party up in the Reflections Lounge to play Euchre in Michaels before going to the premier of Elyria, a late night “cheeky” production show. As you can see, as always there were plenty of things to do last night!! 😎

4B7C3339-4DF1-44A5-970B-0D36694941B4.thumb.jpeg.666172704100af3ffcc227ea66733880.jpegBC19B8BA-74E8-45AB-AE97-E3E7401460D4.thumb.jpeg.3273245a1229adf0e42e01ee7eb68265.jpeg0B3EBAC2-FD0C-433C-A760-AF84B9F83CF0.thumb.jpeg.7704bacaab2aca5460af5cdf10c30185.jpeg9D675B84-DD41-4776-8893-8BC7CEF608C4.thumb.jpeg.9dd39abab0eeaab04bc31815123ee7a9.jpeg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks everyone! OK, I just got back from meeting with the Captains Club reps. The bottom line is they sent an email to Celebrity HQ in Miami for an official interpretation of the rules regarding the 15% SR discount for Elite+. When she hears back from them, she is going to call me. However, since it’s after 5 pm, chances are she won’t hear back from HQ until sometime tomorrow. So stay tuned … 😎

OK, we have received word back from the Celebrity HQ in Miami. Now, please, don’t shoot the messenger.

The official word is the Elite+ 15% Specialty Restaurant perk is for only one visit. But they did agree the wording on the website and associated brochures was vague in that regards and at some point all the applicable references will be updated to more clearly reflect the one visit limitation. However, when that happens is anyone’s guess.

But I might also add for those reading this, please do not open a new CC thread flaming this issue until you see confirmation of this “clarification” in writing somewhere on the Celebrity website because as we all know, just because one person at HQ verbally says it’s so, doesn’t mean it necessarily is. Just saying … 😎

Elite Plus

Featured Benefits

• Access to a coffee house-style breakfast and Evening Cocktail Hour
  • Two complimentary bags of laundry
  • 15% discount off specialty dining cover charge
  • 15% discount at The Spa
  • 35% off internet package or internet upgrade
  • 10% off beverage package upgrade to Premium pre-cruise

Edited by Ken the cruiser

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

On a brighter note, we just passed our antigen test and have been cleared to go on the next leg. Yay!!! 😎

But I forgot to mention our experience during the process. So, when you go to the testing sight, you’re told to bring your vaccination card, sea pass card and wear a mask. When you get there with your mask on and check in, it takes about 10 seconds for them to swab your nose. Then you’re asked to go into the next enclosed area and wait for the B2B briefing scheduled in about 15-20 minutes where you will also hopefully be notified how your test went.

So my DW and I found a spot in the back over in the corner and quietly waited. As other folks finished their test and found a place to sit, in most cases they took off their mask. Which got us to thinking. If someone tested positive and we have all been sitting in the same enclosed area for 15-20 minutes together, remember now most folks had taken their masks off, would we be denied going on the second leg of the cruise due to the tracing aspect of being near someone that just tested positive?

So, being the kind of guy that I am, I went and asked the nursing staff in the next room. They said that was a good question and they would go ask. Amazingly, about 30 seconds later everyone had their masks back on in the waiting area to include one person who had to be given a mask as she had forgotten to bring hers to the test sight. 😂

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

But I forgot to mention our experience during the process. So, when you go to the testing sight, you’re told to bring your vaccination card, sea pass card and wear a mask. When you get there with your mask on and check in, it takes about 10 seconds for them to swab your nose. Then you’re asked to go into the next enclosed area and wait for the B2B briefing scheduled in about 15-20 minutes where you will also hopefully be notified how your test went.

So my DW and I found a spot in the back over in the corner and quietly waited. As other folks finished their test and found a place to sit, in most cases they took off their mask. Which got us to thinking. If someone tested positive and we have all been sitting in the same enclosed area for 15-20 minutes together, remember now most folks had taken their masks off, would we be denied going on the second leg of the cruise due to the tracing aspect of being near someone that just tested positive?

So, being the kind of guy that I am, I went and asked the nursing staff in the next room. They said that was a good question and they would go ask. Amazingly, about 30 seconds later everyone had their masks back on in the waiting area to include one person who had to be given a mask as she had forgotten to bring hers to the test sight. 😂

Interesting.  Do you think the close contact rule does not apply if everyone is wearing a mask?  I have no idea on Celebrity, but generally I do not believe a mask negates the close contact designation.  Of course being vaccinated might?

interesting question,

21 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Interesting.  Do you think the close contact rule does not apply if everyone is wearing a mask?  I have no idea on Celebrity, but generally I do not believe a mask negates the close contact designation.  Of course being vaccinated might?

interesting question,

It technically probably doesn’t by itself. But, besides wearing a mask, keeping a safe distance away from people may help with negating the close contact designation. For example, sitting in an out of the way place in a confined space away from folks rather that sitting center mass may help keep you outside of that close contact designation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

interesting question,

I believe the close contact rules don't take into consideration masks.   We know someone that was contact traced and she wears a mask most of the time.   Because she was contact traced regardless of testing negative she could not continue on the next leg of a B2B. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Tonight, the final night of this leg, we had another wonderful dinner in Le Petit Chef where we saw the battle between the 4 chefs movie. Afterwards we went to the Rendezvous Lounge to watch the Yes or No game show before heading off to watch the violinist, Juliette Primrose, in the main theater. 

B4FB2632-40B3-45F0-84CB-111F2FE75E3F.thumb.jpeg.42f5d0d5d8b161fbebf2c72f3c237d18.jpeg

• Like 1

We were off the ship at 9 am and back on at 9:30 am. As far as going through customs, an agent walked down the line we were standing in, looked at our passport, had us drop our mask so he could see our face and moved on to the next person. There are about 20 of us, so it took him all of 3 minutes to clear us all!

We’re already loving our AQ cabin. Why you ask? It has a walk-in shower!!!! No more 2 foot bathtub ledge to step over. Yay!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wrk2cruise said:

Is there a specific waiter that I should request in Luminae when we sail on Jan 3?

Either Gede or Joseph will take excellent care of you.  Russell (Russell is a lady - she will explain the name!) runs the overall show there, and pitches right in to keep things running smoothly.  Milo will keep your wine glass filled, and if in doubt, you can trust his recommendations.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Either Gede or Joseph will take excellent care of you.  Russell (Russell is a lady - she will explain the name!) runs the overall show there, and pitches right in to keep things running smoothly.  Milo will keep your wine glass filled, and if in doubt, you can trust his recommendations.

We had Kevin as our head waiter and he was great as well. 

5 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We had Kevin as our head waiter and he was great as well. 

It was strange.  15 nts, and we always wound up being seated at either one of Gede's or Joseph's tables.  We never had a chance to work with Kevin.  Good to hear he's taking care of you.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

It was strange.  15 nts, and we always wound up being seated at either one of Gede's or Joseph's tables.  We never had a chance to work with Kevin.  Good to hear he's taking care of you.

I think Kevin worked pretty much at the far end of the restaurant which I affectionately called “the wedge”.

OK, we just discovered a somewhat negative issue regarding our aft-facing AQ cabin. It takes running the hot water for 10 minutes, according to our steward, before the water gets hot. We let it run for 5 minutes just to see and it was starting to get warm. But we will definitely have to remember to run it for a good ten minutes before taking a shower! Thinking positive, it seems a small price to pay for getting an aft-facing cabin at a reasonable price on an M class ship with a walk-in shower. 😂😂

• Like 1