Next “sale”

marybaby08

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

They may have a new year's sale.  Just monitor the prices in your Cruise Planner.  Pull the trigger when you are satisfied with the price.  Continue to monitor.  If the price decreases, you can cancel and rebook at the lower price.

Agree...However I thought I read that there might be an option (soon) to just do a price reduction without canceling? 

6 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

That would be fair.  Now you have to pay, then wait for a refund if you book at a lower price- that isn't fair.  

I can't believe RCI hasn't done (thought about) this sooner...seems like it would be a no brainer.

But it might confuse IT :classic_wink: ....Baby steps for those techie's.

• Haha 1

Unless RCCL has changed something in the last few weeks, if you find a lower price, just call whomever you booked with and ask for the price drop.  You don't have to cancel.

I just got my latest price drop showing on my credit card yesterday.

1 hour ago, pcur said:

Unless RCCL has changed something in the last few weeks, if you find a lower price, just call whomever you booked with and ask for the price drop.  You don't have to cancel.

That's true for cruise fares.  This conversation is about planner items like excursions, drink packages, etc.   Those things you do have to cancel and repurchase.   

14 hours ago, Ashland said:

Agree...However I thought I read that there might be an option (soon) to just do a price reduction without canceling? 

"Modify" has been around for a couple of years but hasn't worked.  Likewise rebooking and then having the system allow you to choose one or the other hasn't worked.

20 minutes ago, LeeW said:

"Modify" has been around for a couple of years but hasn't worked.  Likewise rebooking and then having the system allow you to choose one or the other hasn't worked.

I believe this is something their working on being available next year. We'll see.

2 hours ago, pcur said:

If it showed up on your credit card, you must be inside final payment. I thought you could only get a room upgrade, if there was one the fit in with what you paid, or obc.

4 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

If it showed up on your credit card, you must be inside final payment. I thought you could only get a room upgrade, if there was one the fit in with what you paid, or obc.

You're probably right.  I prepay my cruises early to get reward points on my credit card, which I use for Southwest points for airfare.  I rarely think about final payment dates.  My mistake.

I read roll calls that on the Navigator's Nov 19 and 29 sailings the drink package dropped to $44 two-three weeks before sail date.  Has anyone who has sailed recently had this pleasant surprise?  Our Feb 21 sailing has a "sale" price of $64 for the drink package.