How does Princess Handle the CDC Testing Requirement Between B2B Cruises

mcrcruiser

I would say go to the "live" thread that is active or has been active for the Ship you will be cruising on.  So far most of those folks posting on those "live" threads have described the process very thoroughly.

Hope that points you in the correct direction

Cheers

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

We have 2 Mexican Riviera cruises booked B2B   ,how will Princess handle the pre  testing for the 2nd cruise  to satisfy the CDC 

Thanks un advance for your replies 

Assuming the protocols are still in place when you sail, Princess has been notifying guests to come to a common place (e.g. Vista Lounge) on second last day, do an antigen test and then you are good to go if do not hear back.  If they get a positive, they do a PCR follow-up.

Edited by Steelers36

29 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Assuming the protocols are still in place when you sail, Princess has been notifying guests to come to a common place (e.g. Vista Lounge) on second last day, do an antigen test and then you are good to go if do not hear back.  If they get a positive, they do a PCR follow-up.

Thanks Steelers26 .That does make it easier 

38 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

B2B   ,how will Princess handle the pre  testing for the 2nd cruise  to satisfy the CDC 

---

On our Grand Princess B2B2B to Mexico in October-November, a rapid-test Antigen Test was conducted on the Turnaround Days in the Vista Lounge, just before disembarkation for the transit turnaround:

image.thumb.png.55322a286ac49716711eac8519da668f.png

---

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Will Princess let you test if you embark on another cruise line the same day you disembark from Princess?

They did for us last month when we were going from Enchanted Princess to Nieuw Statendam.Initially they tried to tell us to go to the parking lot and pay for that test,as we were going to a different cruise line.I had to remind them that the Princess-Holland America group were sister Carnival companies.They had to go to corporate who relented and we got the test.I had called both lines prior to the cruises but nobody would consent to any testing except for someone that was staying on the same line.

4 hours ago, johnmik1 said:

They did for us last month when we were going from Enchanted Princess to Nieuw Statendam.Initially they tried to tell us to go to the parking lot and pay for that test,as we were going to a different cruise line.I had to remind them that the Princess-Holland America group were sister Carnival companies.They had to go to corporate who relented and we got the test.I had called both lines prior to the cruises but nobody would consent to any testing except for someone that was staying on the same line.

Perhaps a courtesy extended to any guest of a sister line, as Princess may be the beneficiary of a incoming guest from HAL or Carnival.

But why should Princess pay for a test to enable someone to go sail on RCCL or X?

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Perhaps a courtesy extended to any guest of a sister line, as Princess may be the beneficiary of a incoming guest from HAL or Carnival.

But why should Princess pay for a test to enable someone to go sail on RCCL or X?

They pay if your ongoing travel is an airline that requires it.

12 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

My test was after breakfast on turn around day.  We met in the Vista Lounge at 8:30.  Tested en mass and waited for call to disembark ship.  Walked through CPB (with passport), down the escalator, through the terminal, out the door, back in the door, waited in the Elite Lounge, then re-boarded Grand Princess.

What I found amusing was the CPB officer.  This was a trip back from San Diego/Ensenada.  Question after question after question.  My cabin mate went to another officer.  He looked at her and that was it.  Racial profiling?  

Why would you assume profiling? 

• Like 2

Hi, I have a question. After test on turnaround day and disembarking, what if you don’t want to get right back on ship. We want to leave port area and go shopping for wine and maybe hit a beach for a few hours. Does Princess give you paperwork or something so when you re-board you have evidence of test?

15 minutes ago, philv said:

Hi, I have a question. After test on turnaround day and disembarking, what if you don’t want to get right back on ship. We want to leave port area and go shopping for wine and maybe hit a beach for a few hours. Does Princess give you paperwork or something so when you re-board you have evidence of test?

After your test you can disembark but you can only leave once. You’ll have to wait to get back on once the ship clears..

You wouldn’t wait with the B2B guests. (That’s what they told us this morning) 

47 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

After your test you can disembark but you can only leave once. You’ll have to wait to get back on once the ship clears..

You wouldn’t wait with the B2B guests. (That’s what they told us this morning) 

I get that -  and same question as philv - is there anything you can take with you to show you've had required test - so when we come back, we don't get held up at boarding due to not test paperwork, etc? Or would we have the little In Transit Card - and just show that and off we go through the boarding process?? 

12 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I thought they might do it as a courtesy for anyone getting off the ship who needs one, either to travel by air or sea.

1 hour ago, EllieinNJ said:

I thought they might do it as a courtesy for anyone getting off the ship who needs one, either to travel by air or sea.

Well, it could be a nice service to help customers.  Not sure which way is best from financial perspective.  I guess it is good PR.

I can help

We are currently on Majestic doing 7 day Mexican. 

On last sea day we were directed to Alegro dining room for 10 am.  We were given complimentary rapid antigen tests.  While we waited for results they had mimosas, coffee and tea with pastries. All have been negative in the 5 weeks we have been on.

You are given an in transit card then with a sticker which represents a neg test.

On turn around day we can go ashore if you wish for as long as you wish and when you come back just show your in transit card.

It has actually been a rather smooth process.

Hope this helps 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, reedprincess said:

I get that -  and same question as philv - is there anything you can take with you to show you've had required test - so when we come back, we don't get held up at boarding due to not test paperwork, etc? Or would we have the little In Transit Card - and just show that and off we go through the boarding process?? 

You get a yellow Covid in transit card that shows you have already been tested.

7 hours ago, reedprincess said:

. . . . is there anything you can take with you to show you've had required test - so when we come back, we don't get held up at boarding due to not test paperwork, etc? Or would we have the little In Transit Card - and just show that and off we go through the boarding process?? 

---

We've done this recently a couple of times in October and last month.  After you test onboard and get a negative result, you'll only need your medallion, passport (or driver's license & birth certificate), and Guest In Transit card.  (See attached below.)  

TESTING:

If you are a B2B passenger you cannot leave the ship UNTIL you have had the rapid-test antigen test FIRST.  All of us transit passengers were required to go to the designated testing venue for testing (in our case the Vista Lounge).  We were hanging out with others who were going out; they all needed to get tested first.

When you re-board as a transit passenger you will NOT need proof you have been tested.

---

B2B letter with Guest In Transit card.jpg

Edited by RSS from SF
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sfaaa said:

Airlines are not Princess competitors.

True.

But the reason Princess provides the free testing is that without it, the passengers who need the test pre-flight might have said they would not take the Princess cruise without the assurance they could do the onward travel.

Similarly, if a passenger will next go to a rival cruise line, the passenger might not have taken the Princess cruise without the test being offered for onward travel.

The poster did not say what cruise line the next cruise would be on. It may or may not have been on another Carnival Corp brand.

4 hours ago, RSS from SF said:

---

We've done this recently a couple of times in October and last month.  After you test onboard and get a negative result, you'll only need your medallion, passport (or driver's license & birth certificate), and Guest In Transit card.  (See attached below.)  

TESTING:

If you are a B2B passenger you cannot leave the ship UNTIL you have had the rapid-test antigen test FIRST.  All of us transit passengers were required to go to the designated testing venue for testing (in our case the Vista Lounge).  We were hanging out with others who were going out; they all needed to get tested first.

When you re-board as a transit passenger you will NOT need proof you have been tested.

---

B2B letter with Guest In Transit card.jpg

Thank you for your most informative reply.

• Like 1