Currently on Majestic--- A review so far!

SwimCarrie

I have the best life! I let my husband come on a cruise with me this time!

🤣 We're celebrating our 20th anniversary next week, so we decided to go on a 4 night coastal on the Majestic Princess. The ship is only sailing at 40% capacity (1400 passengers) and there are zero crowds.

We drove to San Pedro fairly late Friday night and arrived around 10:30pm. We stayed at the Doubletree San Pedro and had a nice stay. The best part was the 3 mile walk we went on on the morning. We found a huge park complete with an aquarium (with free entry), a beach (with lifeguards), and a playground. We have stayed there before and never knew it was all right around the corner. Without the pandemic, we wouldn't be walking so much and we would never have known about it! Thanks, pandemic! We will definitely be staying there again with the kids before our next cruise.

After our walk, we stopped for cheap breakfast at Jack In The Box. (The hotel wanted $15 pp for breakfast and we did NOT need a buffet right before boarding a cruise!) 🤣

We boarded the ship, checked in and walked right on. By the time we had our first drink, they told us our  cabins were ready and we finished the muster drill. For my cruise friends, it is soooo much easier now. You watch a video in your cabin and then check in at your muster station. That's it. No crowds, sitting around, etc. It was so simple. After the muster activity, we went to the pizzeria where I got a delicious gluten free pizza and sangria and hubby got a veal pasta. Yum! 

We ran into a few issues with the internet and had to go to the IT guys a few times... Turns out Bryan's work issued phone was connected to his VPN and it was blocking the signal. Note for next time, bring an old phone!

We went up top and watched the sail away party, (which was the same on Grand) and very cute. The staff of the Majestic made a great video during the *pause*, and I was a little choked up. I know, I know... I barely show emotion and I'm crying over a cruise video, but honestly, having friends who work on ships and knowing how much of a struggle it was for them during the pause makes this return to cruising pretty emotional. 

After dinner, we went back to the room, unpacked and got ready for the Manager's reception and dinner. We have unlimited drinks for the first time and we're making the most of it! Lots of yummy drinks to try!

We had our own table at dinner, but we were so close the tables near us, we made friends with a couple next to us. They were very nice.

We went to an opera singing- magician-comedian who is Vietnamese but sounds like he's from Scotland. He was really funny. 

After the comedy show, we went to a musical trivia game show where I won a drink coaster. So exciting! 🤣

Then we went back to the cabin to watch Free Guy. I fell asleep about 45 minutes in and one of my favorite parts of Princess is the on-demand TV where we can restart the movie whenever we have time. I walked 7 miles and almost 18,000 steps yesterday. Hoping I worked off at least one fruity frozen drink. Lol. 

This morning, I woke up very early, quietly got dressed and went and picked up mochas for hubby and I. By the time I got back, hubby was lying in bed with the balcony door open and I said, "OMG, how is this our life?"  We're so grateful and blessed. ♥️

A few notes, the staff is amazing and still very happy to be back. The service in the dining room was a little slow... reservation at 6pm and we missed the beginning of the comedy show at 7:30pm. (I've had meals approach 2 hours, so this can happen). Going to change our reservation to a little earlier since the Manager's reception starts at 4:30 now. 

I did go to Guest Services once onboard and ask for an upgrade. They only offered an upgrade from an obstructed balcony to a regular balcony for $40 (pp?) but we declined. Not a big enough perk to re-pack. 😁 

Feel free to ask any questions. I may or may not answer you! Haha. 

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, geoherb said:

It's the agnolotti gratinati alla Piemontese on the Alfredo's menu.

your typing with the experience of ingested this entree, if so;  what vintage do you suggest to accompaniment this splendid dish ?

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SwimCarrie said:

We went to an opera singing- magician-comedian who is Vietnamese but sounds like he's from Scotland. He was really funny. 

His name is Naathan Phan.  He is a terrific magician, and he is quite funny.  I saw him in a show in Los Angeles a month ago.    He gave a more than respectable rendition of "Nessun Dorma"--while escaping from a strait jacket.

I enjoyed your opening post @SwimCarrie and look forward to updates.

4 hours ago, SwimCarrie said:

I have the best life! I let my husband come on a cruise with me this time!

🤣 We're celebrating our 20th anniversary next week, so we decided to go on a 4 night coastal on the Majestic Princess. The ship is only sailing at 40% capacity (1400 passengers) and there are zero crowds.

We drove to San Pedro fairly late Friday night and arrived around 10:30pm. We stayed at the Doubletree San Pedro and had a nice stay. The best part was the 3 mile walk we went on on the morning. We found a huge park complete with an aquarium (with free entry), a beach (with lifeguards), and a playground. We have stayed there before and never knew it was all right around the corner. Without the pandemic, we wouldn't be walking so much and we would never have known about it! Thanks, pandemic! We will definitely be staying there again with the kids before our next cruise.

After our walk, we stopped for cheap breakfast at Jack In The Box. (The hotel wanted $15 pp for breakfast and we did NOT need a buffet right before boarding a cruise!) 🤣

We boarded the ship, checked in and walked right on. By the time we had our first drink, they told us our  cabins were ready and we finished the muster drill. For my cruise friends, it is soooo much easier now. You watch a video in your cabin and then check in at your muster station. That's it. No crowds, sitting around, etc. It was so simple. After the muster activity, we went to the pizzeria where I got a delicious gluten free pizza and sangria and hubby got a veal pasta. Yum! 

We ran into a few issues with the internet and had to go to the IT guys a few times... Turns out Bryan's work issued phone was connected to his VPN and it was blocking the signal. Note for next time, bring an old phone!

We went up top and watched the sail away party, (which was the same on Grand) and very cute. The staff of the Majestic made a great video during the *pause*, and I was a little choked up. I know, I know... I barely show emotion and I'm crying over a cruise video, but honestly, having friends who work on ships and knowing how much of a struggle it was for them during the pause makes this return to cruising pretty emotional. 

After dinner, we went back to the room, unpacked and got ready for the Manager's reception and dinner. We have unlimited drinks for the first time and we're making the most of it! Lots of yummy drinks to try!

We had our own table at dinner, but we were so close the tables near us, we made friends with a couple next to us. They were very nice.

After the comedy show, we went to a musical trivia game show where I won a drink coaster. So exciting! 🤣

Then we went back to the cabin to watch Free Guy. I fell asleep about 45 minutes in and one of my favorite parts of Princess is the on-demand TV where we can restart the movie whenever we have time. I walked 7 miles and almost 18,000 steps yesterday. Hoping I worked off at least one fruity frozen drink. Lol. 

This morning, I woke up very early, quietly got dressed and went and picked up mochas for hubby and I. By the time I got back, hubby was lying in bed with the balcony door open and I said, "OMG, how is this our life?"  We're so grateful and blessed. ♥️

A few notes, the staff is amazing and still very happy to be back. The service in the dining room was a little slow... reservation at 6pm and we missed the beginning of the comedy show at 7:30pm. (I've had meals approach 2 hours, so this can happen). Going to change our reservation to a little earlier since the Manager's reception starts at 4:30 now. 

I did go to Guest Services once onboard and ask for an upgrade. They only offered an upgrade from an obstructed balcony to a regular balcony for $40 (pp?) but we declined. Not a big enough perk to re-pack. 😁 

Feel free to ask any questions. I may or may not answer you! Haha. 

He actually is from Scotland

Thank you for bringing us along.  I really enjoy your posts. 😊 I’m doing a solo 7 day on Majestic in February.  My husband isn’t coming this time.  It’s my first solo cruise.  I’ve done solo land vacations (primarily to Disneyworld…he’s not a fan).  Anyway I’m really looking forward to being on Majestic, she looks like a beautiful ship.  

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I let that one go when I saw it.  They are seemingly referring either to the Captain's Reception for Captain's Circle Members, or the daily "reception" for Platinum, Elite, and Suites (PES).

Based on the following part of the post, I suspect it is the PES function.

16 hours ago, SwimCarrie said:

Going to change our reservation to a little earlier since the Manager's reception starts at 4:30 now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Techwizardress said:

Hello and Thanks for posting.

We will be on the Majestic next month.  I would love to see any menus and patters that you are able to post.

We are very excited about finally getting on a cruise ship after such a long "pause"

Enjoy your cruise!

Asking for myself as well Thanks!!

On 12/20/2021 at 4:37 AM, c-boy said:

uh ha  😶  like this  and , congrats on the 20th. big hurdle , ya can't go back now  😄

Ravioli with creamy Swiss mushroom and thyme sauce

More sauce required, bit dry that dish, plus parmesan cheese required.

Edited by NSWP

On 12/19/2021 at 9:37 AM, c-boy said:

uh ha  😶  like this  and , congrats on the 20th. big hurdle , ya can't go back now  😄

Ravioli with creamy Swiss mushroom and thyme sauce

Don't want to spend too much time on this, but I'm laughing because it looked nothing like this. It was served in a ramekin with lots of cheese over the top. Anyway, hubby said it was good. 

• Like 1

We just got off the Majestic last Saturday. I’ll give a short brief on our experience. We had cruise credits from the cancelled cruises, so we splurged and booked a Penthouse Suite, B735. Checking in was a breeze except for a family group that stopped in the middle of the lanes and blocked everyone else while they waited for some who were lagging. We got around them and were on the ship in minutes. Our Medallions worked perfectly the whole cruise.

In general, the food was good to very good. We had the suite breakfast in Harmony and Club Class Dining. We ate mostly the standard fare. Our first night was a complimentary meal in the Crown Grill which was good. On our last night we ate there, and the steaks were amazing, as was the service. We, also ate at the Bistro Sur La Mer. We really enjoyed the Sea Bass and the sides. Also, I tried the new version of Escargot that was breaded and a little crunchy. I didn’t mind the variation, although I prefer the traditional dish. I had that on the last formal night. We ate at Alfredo’s twice for lunch. Like many, I would highly recommend trying them on your cruise. It was excellent.

The entertainment staff was, particularly, engaging and made the activities fun. The last night was a skit that was hilarious.

We saw both of Naathan Phan’s shows. The first in the Princess theater which was far better than we had hoped. The second was in the Vista lounge and he was hilarious. I hadn’t laughed that hard in years. He is one not to miss. He’s also very engaging. We first saw him at dinner on the first night and he serenaded another diner. I had my back to him and all I could think is “what an amazing voice”. The next time was on the tender boat where he was sitting next to another passenger who was celebrating her birthday. He, of course, sang to her. On our final sea day, after his show, he met some of us in the Hollywood Conservatory where Princess had a DJ set up. We found him to be very kind and engaging. He did say he spent his childhood in Glasgow, Scotland.

Lastly, I must comment on the DJ situation in the Hollywood. It was set up by the pool near the door on the starboard side. The location was terrible and there was no room to dance unless we moved the chairs and tables around. In addition, we learned that right under us are staterooms who ended up calling the front desk because of the noise. We had no idea we were keeping those poor people awake. If one of them is reading this, I hope you accept our deepest apologies. Princess should have a legitimate venue for the DY to operate. We’ve never been on a ship with no place to dance. Even the little Pacific Princess had a dance floor for the DY.

• Like 2