Apex vs. Edge

LemonLorraine

Hey Friends -

DH and I are trying to decide whether to cruise on the Edge or Apex next year. The stops on both cruises are great.. It just comes down to the difference between the boats. What are the outstanding differences? Did you like one more than the other? TIA! 

10 minutes ago, LemonLorraine said:

Hey Friends -

DH and I are trying to decide whether to cruise on the Edge or Apex next year. The stops on both cruises are great.. It just comes down to the difference between the boats. What are the outstanding differences? Did you like one more than the other? TIA! 

I have been on Edge, but in a suite.  Everything that I have read about Apex's small improvements have been excellent.  I have also booked Apex and Beyond, which will be even better.  I would look at itinerary first and then ship.  If itinerary does not matter, book Apex!  The changes might be small, yet beneficial as details do make a difference, IMHO. You will have a wonderful time either way.  Are you cruising Europe or Caribbean or...Europe is exceptional!

Edited by Lastdance

We were on the Edge in August for 3 weeks and the Apex in Nov for 16 days. We definitely enjoyed cruising on both ships, but definitely enjoyed the Apex a little more, even though we were in a SS on the Edge and a SV on the Apex.

But instead of telling you about how much fun we had, here’s a link to the thread I was updating while we were on the Apex.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2811263-nov-6-apex-b2b-east-west-caribbean-cruise/

Been on both. Edge in March 2019 on a B2B, and Apex this last Thanksgiving. Pick the itinerary or date which works better. Both very similar. If you are going Retreat, Apex has a bit more added, but other that that???? I Loved both. Went with Infinite Veranda SR on both and greatly enjoyed.  Get a bed near the BR to give you more room between the bed and Veranda. 

You can’t go wrong with either.

den

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Been on both. Edge in March 2019 on a B2B, and Apex this last Thanksgiving. Pick the itinerary or date which works better. Both very similar. If you are going Retreat, Apex has a bit more added, but other that that???? I Loved both. Went with Infinite Veranda SR on both and greatly enjoyed.  Get a bed near the BR to give you more room between the bed and Veranda. 

You can’t go wrong with either.

den

Curious as to what has changed with the Apex.  I sure enjoyed my suite on the Edge that inaugural year.  I have paid and checked in for Apex Jan. 29, but like many watching covid conditions very carefully….

Both ships are excellent choices, the Apex is newer with a few improvements and for us booking in the Retreat the Apex has a better Retreat Deck. We are booked for over 50 days on both ships over the next 3 years. The new Beyond will have some huge improvements in the Retreat and we hope to sneak a cruise on her in 2023 or 24. In non-suites, my experience the newer ships tend to have better amenities and facilities due to making improvements over their predecessors.

1 hour ago, msteries said:

Curious as to what has changed with the Apex.  I sure enjoyed my suite on the Edge that inaugural year.  I have paid and checked in for Apex Jan. 29, but like many watching covid conditions very carefully….

The Apex made improvements to the shower in the Sky Suites (not sure about non suites) and the Retreat deck has more shade and more room. I am not sure, but I think the Retreat lounge may be larger on the Apex. The new Beyond is making some major Retreat improvements.

• Like 1