Present Cancellation Policy

pthjudy

1 hour ago, JimVB said:

CWC FCC's are said to be valid for 12 months from the date of cancellation, which now would be a date in 2023.  Might that mean a new CWC FCC will not have the book by 5/31/22 requirement?

Not sure if yje book by requirement changes but somehow I doubt it. 

25 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not sure if yje book by requirement changes but somehow I doubt it. 

I agree now that I looked again at the FAQ.  The twelve months clearly applies to the cruise by date and not the book by date.  FCC's from a CWC cancelation in May will be difficult to get and use by 5/31/22.

Q : How long will I have to redeem my Future Cruise Credit?
A :  Cruise with Confidence Future Cruise Credits expire May 31, 2022. You must redeem the FCC for a cruise that departs on or before December 31, 2022, or one year from the original sailing date, whichever is later.

1 hour ago, Veinless said:

Did you have to state that you did not agree with the protocols, or was this just a regular Cruise With Confidence cancellation?

I don’t know.  Our TA sent us an urgent email explaining things and said basically we have until tomorrow to cancel or we can choose to continue e the sailing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shelbylook said:

Our TA has given us the option to cancel our 2/6 Odyssey cruise with a full refund less the $250 deposit which will become a FCC.  I’m waiting or a call back but as usual my impatience is growing.

So my question here is, will we be refunded the amount of the deluxe drink packages and CocoCay excursions we purchased?

Thanks, 
Cathy

Hi, Cathy!  Long time, no see!

I would cancel.  JMO.  (and as stated, cancel your cruise planner items first.  They'll go back to your credit card)

40 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Hi, Cathy!  Long time, no see!

I would cancel.  JMO.  (and as stated, cancel your cruise planner items first.  They'll go back to your credit card)

Hey back at ya!  I thought for sure I’d be getting back in the swing of things.  I did move to Florida this past fall so at least I have access to sun, sand & surf year-round.

2 hours ago, shelbylook said:

I don’t know.  Our TA sent us an urgent email explaining things and said basically we have until tomorrow to cancel or we can choose to continue e the sailing.

I looked it up.  It was Cruise with Confidence.

Cathy

• Like 1

My question is for   ourusualbeach: I have a TA that is not so forthcoming with me and is pretty much non existent. Is she required to let me know that I can get a full refund for my cruise which sails on Jan 24 if I state I disagree with the recent protocols in the email that I received? I am going to phone her tomorrow and ask for the full refund. What should I do if she says that I can only get the FCC? I really appreciate your input. Thank you

1 hour ago, sailing sue said:

My question is for   ourusualbeach: I have a TA that is not so forthcoming with me and is pretty much non existent. Is she required to let me know that I can get a full refund for my cruise which sails on Jan 24 if I state I disagree with the recent protocols in the email that I received? I am going to phone her tomorrow and ask for the full refund. What should I do if she says that I can only get the FCC? I really appreciate your input. Thank you

Forward her the e mail yhat you received and say you personally know  others who have asked to cancel because of this e mail that have received refunds.  Send her iyour intent in writing and state under no circumstances is she to cancel for a FCC.  If she comes back and says that she can only get an FCC then demand a three way call as Biker suggested.

20 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Any word on refunds for cruises early Feb? I can't even get through to anyone at Royal (I don't have all day to wait on hold) and my TA is saying FCC only but I don't think that's fair.

Do not bother to call Royal with your question. Because your booking is with a TA, Royal will not answer even general questions about this subject and will tell you to contact your TA.

Is calling the only option to cancel saying you are cancelling due to the recent change in protocols?  I'm wondering if I can text.  I used the text option when I had an issue with a beverage package not showing up in my planner.  CS responded quickly and sent me what I needed to see that the package was showing up on their end.  I'm thinking if it takes 30 - 45 days to get the refund I would have a written conversation with CS.

2 hours ago, Kmermaid said:

Is calling the only option to cancel saying you are cancelling due to the recent change in protocols? 

To make sure you get what you want, don't take a chance on a text - invest the time in a call.

15 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

To make sure you get what you want, don't take a chance on a text - invest the time in a call.

My thinking is because I can print out the text I am more assured of getting what is discussed rather than relying on what CS says I am getting (meaning a refund to credit card by a certain date).

Another question because my cruise is in February I need them to update the protocols past Jan 31st in order to cancel, correct?

OK, so I reached out to my TA about the refund and she contacted someone at Royal who told her that I could not get a full refund because I am booked under a non refundable deposit reservation and I used a FCC for part of my payment. I was angry! I told her do not cancel my booking yet as I am not willing to accept the FCC. I am going to hold out for the full refund. Like others have said on these boards, what one agent tells you may not be the correct answer.  You have to keep trying other agents who know the current policies. How frustrating!