Present Cancellation Policy

pthjudy

34 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

But what if you have symptoms but are negative. Will they let you board with symptoms if you have a negative test?

If the test says your negative, your negative until you test positive.

As you already know, Omicron symptoms typically aren’t much different than a common cold but can be severe for some.  I’m not sure what symptoms one would display under a mask that would “set off” the checkin crew. If you tell them you have symptoms, I would suspect they would rapid PCR test you at the pier if they have access to them.  In all honesty they should probably rapid PCR test all prior to boarding, but it would take forever.  Add to that, the accessibility of them sounds to be a harder thing to do every day. 

We are Canadian, like you. Our final is late January and every day my thoughts of making final is slimmer and slimmer. I’ll get $4K back in FCC from other applied FCCs, but we won’t make the final for the RLS just to have more FCC to sit on. As badly as I want to get back to sea, making a final payment with how things look today just doesn’t make sense.  

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

We may have to. 

Right now you are before final so if you have paid more than the deposit you get that refunded and only the deposit would be FCC.  If you have only paid the deposit you could move that to a May sailing then cancel a week prior too that and the FCC would be issued and valid for 12 months from the date of cancellation

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Right now you are before final so if you have paid more than the deposit you get that refunded and only the deposit would be FCC.  If you have only paid the deposit you could move that to a May sailing then cancel a week prior too that and the FCC would be issued and valid for 12 months from the date of cancellation

Excellent idea, thanks!! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The policy was updated today.  Sailings through Jan 31 can now cancel for a refund if you state you disagree with their masking protocols.

For not say you want to cancel under Cruise with confidence....that will get you a fcc.  Refer to the updated protocols memo fir cruises yhrough Jan 31.

I cancelled 2 sailings today that sail late January for a full refund. 

Anything similar for Celebrity?

2 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Any word on refunds for cruises early Feb? I can't even get through to anyone at Royal (I don't have all day to wait on hold) and my TA is saying FCC only but I don't think that's fair. Not only do I not want to wear a mask on board but our 4 and 2 year old girls have runny noses and coughs from about early December to March and there's no way they'd even be allowed to board. Our 2 year old has had 7 PCR tests in 2021 and the last few went really bad and she won't allow anyone to stick a swab up her nose anymore and so we stopped trying.......every time she's sent home now she's with us for the 2 weeks as we can't produce a negative test. 

What is Royal doing for the people who can't get tested or refuse to? I mean, there were none of these rules at time of original booking......

Our final payment date is Jan 7. 

If your 2 year old won’t cooperate for testing, you will need to cancel.

2 year olds on RCL must have a PCR test a couple days before the cruise and  another one at the port before getting on the ship.  Then another test at the ind of the cruise if your sailing is at least 5 nights.  Plus whatever you need for Canadian traveling.

If you can’t convince your 2 year old to participate in testing, cruises won’t be an option for your family for quite a while.

Best wishes.

Here’s the current testing policy

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, D4 said:

If your 2 year old won’t cooperate for testing, you will need to cancel.

2 year olds on RCL must have a PCR test a couple days before the cruise and  another one at the port before getting on the ship.  Then another test at the ind of the cruise if your sailing is at least 5 nights.  Plus whatever you need for Canadian traveling.

If you can’t convince your 2 year old to participate in testing, cruises won’t be an option for your family for quite a while.

Best wishes.

Here’s the current testing policy

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise

Oh I'm well aware of that and ok with it, what I am not ok with is having to take an FCC for something that was never required when originally booked. And even if she does a PCR and it's negative she will be denied boarding when we get to the pier and she has a runny nose which all toddlers have most of the winter. 

Nevermind cruises won't be an option for quite awhile, this is putting such a bad taste in our mouths that we may be done cruising for good. We had some good fun but don't treat me right I'll never come back. 

Edited by Mapleleafforever

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thinking about changing the booking for the next week to an inside on Freedom. Would that work before moving to May? I'm still pretty sure that there will be some kind of cruise shutdown and/or Canada will shut the borders again and I really want that refund. 

If someone would have told me last summer that we'd still be in this I would have thought they were nuts. Ugh

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Thinking about changing the booking for the next week to an inside on Freedom. Would that work before moving to May? I'm still pretty sure that there will be some kind of cruise shutdown and/or Canada will shut the borders again and I really want that refund. 

If someone would have told me last summer that we'd still be in this I would have thought they were nuts. Ugh

Not sure if they will process a refund on a sailing that you transferred a cruise to knowing that the protocols have already been released.  By transferring to a sailing where protocols have been released you are inherently agreeing that you accept the protocols

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not sure if they will process a refund on a sailing that you transferred a cruise to knowing that the protocols have already been released.  By transferring to a sailing where protocols have been released you are inherently agreeing that you accept the protocols

Agh good point. Thanks again. Man oh man, strange times. 

Our TA has given us the option to cancel our 2/6 Odyssey cruise with a full refund less the $250 deposit which will become a FCC.  I’m waiting or a call back but as usual my impatience is growing.

So my question here is, will we be refunded the amount of the deluxe drink packages and CocoCay excursions we purchased?

Thanks, 
Cathy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shelbylook said:

So my question here is, will we be refunded the amount of the deluxe drink packages and CocoCay excursions we purchased?

Those are always refundable and you should cancel those before canceling the sailing itself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

CWC FCC's are said to be valid for 12 months from the date of cancellation, which now would be a date in 2023.  Might that mean a new CWC FCC will not have the book by 5/31/22 requirement?

12 minutes ago, shelbylook said:

Our TA has given us the option to cancel our 2/6 Odyssey cruise with a full refund less the $250 deposit which will become a FCC.  I’m waiting or a call back but as usual my impatience is growing.

Thanks, 
Cathy

Did you have to state that you did not agree with the protocols, or was this just a regular Cruise With Confidence cancellation?

• Like 1

The cruises themselves may cancel

Norwegian Cruise Lines just cancelled all upcoming cruises with immediate effect on 9 of their ships in one announcement 

7 of the ships cancelled all the way through until March earliest

May just be the start of a pause in cruising?

The job might get done for you soon enough

Edited by Interestedcruisefan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This isn't on the website.  It was an e mail that went out to guests on sailings through Jan 31 letting them know about changes to protocols on their cruise.

It states to call if you want to reschedule or cancel.  While it does not specifically mention refund a refund is definitely an option.  

My notice said: "If you prefer to not sail as a result of this change or would like to reschedule your cruise, we are glad to assist."

Nothing about a cash refund.

35 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

The cruises themselves may cancel

Norwegian Cruise Lines just cancelled all upcoming cruises with immediate effect on 9 of their ships in one announcement 

7 of the ships cancelled all the way through until March earliest

May just be the start of a pause in cruising?

The job might get done for you soon enough

What is your source?  I can't find this anywhere.

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

What is your source?  I can't find this anywhere.

NCL website 

Updated on January 5, 2022
The health and safety of our guests, crew and communities we visit is our number one priority. Therefore, a limited number of sailings across our fleet have been affected.

• Norwegian Pearl cruises with embarkation dates through and including January 14, 2022
  • Norwegian Sky cruises with embarkation dates through and including February 25,2022
  • Pride of America cruises with embarkation dates through and including February 26, 2022
  • Norwegian Jade cruises with embarkation dates through and including March 3, 2022
  • Norwegian Star cruises with embarkation dates through and including March 19, 2022
  • Norwegian Sun cruises with embarkation dates through and including April 19, 2022
  • Norwegian Spirit cruises with embarkation dates through and including April 23, 2022

If you have an active reservation one of the affected cruises above, you will automatically receive a refund of your cruise fare in the original form of payment for the amount paid. Additionally, a 10% off Future Cruise Credit will be automatically added to the guest's account as of January 7, 2022. This discount can be used to make a booking from January 7, 2022 through January 7, 2023 and can be applied towards any sailings through May 31, 2023.

Edited by Interestedcruisefan
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

NCL website 

Updated on January 5, 2022
The health and safety of our guests, crew and communities we visit is our number one priority. Therefore, a limited number of sailings across our fleet have been affected.

• Norwegian Pearl cruises with embarkation dates through and including January 14, 2022
  • Norwegian Sky cruises with embarkation dates through and including February 25,2022
  • Pride of America cruises with embarkation dates through and including February 26, 2022
  • Norwegian Jade cruises with embarkation dates through and including March 3, 2022
  • Norwegian Star cruises with embarkation dates through and including March 19, 2022
  • Norwegian Sun cruises with embarkation dates through and including April 19, 2022
  • Norwegian Spirit cruises with embarkation dates through and including April 23, 2022

If you have an active reservation one of the affected cruises above, you will automatically receive a refund of your cruise fare in the original form of payment for the amount paid. Additionally, a 10% off Future Cruise Credit will be automatically added to the guest's account as of January 7, 2022. This discount can be used to make a booking from January 7, 2022 through January 7, 2023 and can be applied towards any sailings through May 31, 2023.

I misread your post as being all of the NCL fleet.  But only seven ships.  Where/What are the other 2 ships you mention?

50 minutes ago, caribill said:

My notice said: "If you prefer to not sail as a result of this change or would like to reschedule your cruise, we are glad to assist."

Nothing about a cash refund.

"If you would prefer not to sail as a result of this change or would like to reschedule."

"The prefer not to sail"  part gets you the refund.

They don't make it obvious but it is most certainly an option.