Present Cancellation Policy

pthjudy

Please forgive me if this was discussed earlier as I’m sure it has. We have an early March cruise booked. We used the FCC from a cancelled cruise for the deposit. Final payment is in January.  What I don’t want is to have the whole cruise amount credited if we cancel. So what happens if we pay final and then things worsen a few weeks before the cruise and we cancel then? I understand my original FCC goes back to RC,  but what about the out of pocket final payment? 

Edited by pthjudy

• pthjudy changed the title to Present Cancellation Policy
1 minute ago, pthjudy said:

I understand my original FCC goes back to RC,  but what about the out of pocket final payment? 

With the rules today you can get a refund for everything you paid (including the FCC). Those rules could be different in the future. 

24 minutes ago, pthjudy said:

Please forgive me if this was discussed earlier as I’m sure it has. We have an early March cruise booked. We used the FCC from a cancelled cruise for the deposit. Final payment is in January. 

Double check your final payment date.  An early March cruise should have final payment date of early February.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Double check your final payment date.  An early March cruise should have final payment date of early February.

Just checked. TA always gets final payment a week or so before. Looks like January 25 for March 6 departure so yes, early February would be due date. Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

With numbers still increasing and cruising perhaps in jeopardy, too many people have too many opinions and are not afraid to state them. I have a few questions.  We used a FCC from a cruise we canceled in 2020 for a deposit on a March cruise, and although the price we paid for the cruise was the non refundable price, my TA said the deposit would go back as a FCC if we canceled. Can anyone verify that? Final payment will be out of pocket. If I pay, how much harder will it be to get my final amount back to my pocket and not as a FCC? One final question: for those of you that have upcoming cruises, are you getting all sorts of judgement from people about your choosing to cruise? We have been so careful for 2 years but I really want to take this cruise and know I can do it safely.  

On 12/22/2021 at 9:19 PM, AustinCruise said:

the TA is likely sitting on that money, or at least maybe willing to if you want the extra week. TA will collect early so there is no risk of the payment being missed. 

The TA is not sitting on the money.  All payments for North American bookings must be made directly to Royal by the TA using the customers credit card.  The only exception is if the customer is paying by cheque or cash.  The reason TA's do it early is to avoid issues if the clients card gets declined leaving them time to make alternate arrangement for payment

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, pthjudy said:

With numbers still increasing and cruising perhaps in jeopardy, too many people have too many opinions and are not afraid to state them. I have a few questions.  We used a FCC from a cruise we canceled in 2020 for a deposit on a March cruise, and although the price we paid for the cruise was the non refundable price, my TA said the deposit would go back as a FCC if we canceled. Can anyone verify that? Final payment will be out of pocket. If I pay, how much harder will it be to get my final amount back to my pocket and not as a FCC? One final question: for those of you that have upcoming cruises, are you getting all sorts of judgement from people about your choosing to cruise? We have been so careful for 2 years but I really want to take this cruise and know I can do it safely.  

Currently you can only cancel a cruise that sails prior to Jan 17th for a refund.  Anything after that is for FCC.

If you have applied FCC's to the booking they will be reinstated if you cancel under Cruise with Confidence.

If by chance you are able to cancel under "protocols" annd are eligible for a refund the there are 2 possibilities about the FCC.  If the FCC was issued because of a Global suspension (Royal cancelled) then those can be refunded.  If the FCC was issued because of CWC or a NRD then the FCC will be reissued.

If you make final you need to hope that Royal extends the option to cancel for a refund as right now you will only get FCC for everything you paid including FCC and new cash paid at final.

TBH, your final is over a month away, look at this and ask questions a week before not now as things change.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Currently you can only cancel a cruise that sails prior to Jan 17th for a refund.  Anything after that is for FCC.

If you have applied FCC's to the booking they will be reinstated if you cancel under Cruise with Confidence.

If by chance you are able to cancel under "protocols" annd are eligible for a refund the there are 2 possibilities about the FCC.  If the FCC was issued because of a Global suspension (Royal cancelled) then those can be refunded.  If the FCC was issued because of CWC or a NRD then the FCC will be reissued.

If you make final you need to hope that Royal extends the option to cancel for a refund as right now you will only get FCC for everything you paid including FCC and new cash paid at final.

TBH, your final is over a month away, look at this and ask questions a week before not now as things change.

Thank you for your very helpful response. With conditions changing every day, it is important to proctor. I jumped the gun last time and lost out. I don’t want that to happen again. 

I know often times what you hear from a Royal representative by phone is not always accurate. A friend is sailing at the end of the month. He called to ask about what happens if he wants to cancel because if Covid and was told the Cruise with Confidence is still in effect and you cancel until 48 hours and get a refund (not just as a FCC). Is this true? 

52 minutes ago, pthjudy said:

I know often times what you hear from a Royal representative by phone is not always accurate. A friend is sailing at the end of the month. He called to ask about what happens if he wants to cancel because if Covid and was told the Cruise with Confidence is still in effect and you cancel until 48 hours and get a refund (not just as a FCC). Is this true? 

The policy was updated today.  Sailings through Jan 31 can now cancel for a refund if you state you disagree with their masking protocols.

For not say you want to cancel under Cruise with confidence....that will get you a fcc.  Refer to the updated protocols memo fir cruises yhrough Jan 31.

I cancelled 2 sailings today that sail late January for a full refund. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The policy was updated today.  Sailings through Jan 31 can now cancel for a refund if you state you disagree with their masking protocols.

Where did you see this about the refund?

I cannot find it in the RCI web site.

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Where did you see this about the refund?

I cannot find it in the RCI web 

This isn't on the website.  It was an e mail that went out to guests on sailings through Jan 31 letting them know about changes to protocols on their cruise.

It states to call if you want to reschedule or cancel.  While it does not specifically mention refund a refund is definitely an option.  

29 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This isn't on the website.  It was an e mail that went out to guests on sailings through Jan 31 letting them know about changes to protocols on their cruise.

It states to call if you want to reschedule or cancel.  While it does not specifically mention refund a refund is definitely an option.  

We cancelled our 2/20/22 Grandeur cruise the other day and will receive a full refund for everything including air 2 sea on credit card.  RCCL rep asked if we wanted FCC or refund and we took refund.  30 days to appear on card.  I actually liked that they did this and the fact they had extended our final payment date to 1/21 originally.  We have cancelled for refunds with Carnival and RCCL and had no issues.

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

For not say you want to cancel under Cruise with confidence....that will get you a fcc.  Refer to the updated protocols memo fir cruises yhrough Jan 31.

I cancelled 2 sailings today that sail late January for a full refund. 

Any word on refunds for cruises early Feb? I can't even get through to anyone at Royal (I don't have all day to wait on hold) and my TA is saying FCC only but I don't think that's fair. Not only do I not want to wear a mask on board but our 4 and 2 year old girls have runny noses and coughs from about early December to March and there's no way they'd even be allowed to board. Our 2 year old has had 7 PCR tests in 2021 and the last few went really bad and she won't allow anyone to stick a swab up her nose anymore and so we stopped trying.......every time she's sent home now she's with us for the 2 weeks as we can't produce a negative test. 

What is Royal doing for the people who can't get tested or refuse to? I mean, there were none of these rules at time of original booking......

Our final payment date is Jan 7. 

3 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Any word on refunds for cruises early Feb? I can't even get through to anyone at Royal (I don't have all day to wait on hold) and my TA is saying FCC only but I don't think that's fair. Not only do I not want to wear a mask on board but our 4 and 2 year old girls have runny noses and coughs from about early December to March and there's no way they'd even be allowed to board. Our 2 year old has had 7 PCR tests in 2021 and the last few went really bad and she won't allow anyone to stick a swab up her nose anymore and so we stopped trying.......every time she's sent home now she's with us for the 2 weeks as we can't produce a negative test. 

What is Royal doing for the people who can't get tested or refuse to? I mean, there were none of these rules at time of original booking......

Our final payment date is Jan 7. 

Only crises until Jan 31 for refunds

Others have to cancel under CWC and take an FCC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

We cancelled our 2/20/22 Grandeur cruise the other day and will receive a full refund for everything including air 2 sea on credit card.  RCCL rep asked if we wanted FCC or refund and we took refund.  30 days to appear on card.  I actually liked that they did this and the fact they had extended our final payment date to 1/21 originally.  We have cancelled for refunds with Carnival and RCCL and had no issues.

You were before final payment so receiving a refund is normal if you had a refundable deposit.  The Jan 31 policy date referred to those that are after final payment

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Only crises until Jan 31 for refunds

Others have to cancel under CWC and take an FCC.

Wow. But if we make final payment and someone has symptoms and can't travel do they give a refund in that case or does it have to be at the pier?

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you test positive within 14 days prior you get a refund

The next cottage industry will be fake positive results for refunds. (Joke font on, but with a slight tone of seriousness) 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Wow. But if we make final payment and someone has symptoms and can't travel do they give a refund in that case or does it have to be at the pier?

You could always pay it off and hope that they extend the refund policy into Feb. 

• Like 2