BTimmer's Almost Live - Zuiderdam 1/2-30/22 -San Diego to Florida RT

Btimmer

3 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I really enjoy huatulco.  I think it’s my favourite Mexican port on the west side.

I guess in all our Mexico cruises we just haven’t picked one with Huatulco.  We have done the one that includes La Paz where we went snorkelling with whale sharks-that was very memorable!   Once we start cruising again I’ll look more closely for Huatulco.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

I guess in all our Mexico cruises we just haven’t picked one with Huatulco.  We have done the one that includes La Paz where we went snorkelling with whale sharks-that was very memorable!   Once we start cruising again I’ll look more closely for Huatulco.  

The only time I’ve ever seen huatulco has been with a Panama Canal cruise because it’s so far south.  I’d be all over a Mexican cruise that had huatulco.  Regardless I do enjoy any Mexico cruise.

Edited by Florida_gal_50
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

The only time I’ve ever seen huatulco has been with a Panama Canal cruise because it’s so far south.  I’d be all over a Mexican cruise that had huatulco.  Regardless I do enjoy any Mexico cruise.

Oh that makes sense!  When we did our Panama from Ft Lauderdale to Vancouver it wasn’t on the itinerary.  

We enjoy the Mexico ones as well as it’s easy for us to get to San Diego from Vancouver.  Maybe we will see you one day on it! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, edward01ca said:

For your underwater photos, what kind of camera do  you use.  They are great.

I'm using a GoPro 7 Black.  I shoot in movie mode and extract stills from those.  I post process using Camera Plus on my iPhone.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SFO PETER said:

Btimmer.  A pic of your GoPro setup would be nice. i.e. do you use an underwater housing? A stick?

Thanks

Peter

Yes I use a floating stick affixed to my wrist with a lanyard.  I'll post a picture later after we are on board.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Btimmer said:

The pictures below are from today's snorkeling in Huatulco while on the 5 Bays Pontoon boat shore excursion.

The catamaran tour that I took visited this area; a very lovely area!  

7 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I really enjoy huatulco.

It is my favorite Mexican port.  

16 hours ago, Btimmer said:

Huatulco was really a hidden gem but has been visited by HAL ships in the past

Agree!  It is a gem of a port and not as touristy as others.  

• Like 2

The Captain just announced Cartegena has been cancelled due to their new Covid testing requirement.  A new port, Puerto Limon, Costa Rica has been added.  More info later when I see the Captain's letter tonight.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Btimmer said:

The Captain just announced Cartegena has been cancelled due to their new Covid testing requirement.  A new port, Puerto Limon, Costa Rica has been added.  More info later when I see the Captain's letter tonight.

Do you want the name of our wonderful tour guide in Puerto Limon?  Or are you restricted to only HAL tours?

Edited by zelker

47 minutes ago, zelker said:

Do you want the name of our wonderful tour guide in Puerto Limon?  Or are you restricted to only HAL tours?

Hi Barb, Happy New Year!

We're supposed to have a port call in Puerto Limon next January.  Haven't been there before, so if you want to share the name of your guide and what you did, I'd love to know.

Thanks and stay safe!

Judith

• Like 1

Tim - At Puerto Limon I recommend a Tortuguero Canal boat ride. Six of us went on a private tour and saw birds, monkeys and sloths in the trees and alligators in the water and on the banks. I think HAL was doing tours, in a bigger boat of course with more people.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, zelker said:

I will be there on the 23rd.  Please share the guide and tour you recomend!

On 1/8/2022 at 11:03 AM, SFO PETER said:

Btimmer.  A pic of your GoPro setup would be nice. i.e. do you use an underwater housing? A stick?

Thanks

Peter

Peter,

Here's a picture of my GoPro floating handle.  It's a 3rd Party handle that I purchased in Singapore or Australia.  My hand is in the picture for comparison.  The case is a factory one; nothing special.

FBA7B3B7-3BDE-4C5F-A392-EA71C756FD1D.thumb.jpeg.292c4053e5af6941ad1c61f29e4d2b14.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2