COVID testing 2 days prior

LynandBill

We leave Tuesday for the Silhouette. We purchased the Abbott home testing kit plus we have an appointment Sunday at CVS at 11am. Someone told us if we board after 11 our test are over the 2 days(48 hours). We thought it just was 2 days period, so If we take a home test at 9am Sunday it counts all day Tuesday. Any advice is very much appreciated! Bill and Lyn

21 minutes ago, LynandBill said:

We leave Tuesday for the Silhouette. We purchased the Abbott home testing kit plus we have an appointment Sunday at CVS at 11am. Someone told us if we board after 11 our test are over the 2 days(48 hours). We thought it just was 2 days period, so If we take a home test at 9am Sunday it counts all day Tuesday. Any advice is very much appreciated! Bill and Lyn

As noted in comments above, it's two calendar days, not 48 hours.  Moreover, Celebrity's own web site answers your question:

How do I calculate which days I may take my pre-cruise COVID-19 test?

Vaccinated guests must take their pre-cruise test no more than 2 days before boarding. 

When calculating which days you can take your test, be aware that the day you set sail is not counted as one of the days.

How to calculate which days to take your test:

• Vaccinated guests: You must take your test no more than 2 days before embarkation.  Therefore, if you are setting sail on a Saturday, you can take your test on Thursday or Friday. You may also take it on Saturday morning if necessary — however, we don't recommend waiting until the last minute.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs

• Like 3

So based on that if we sail on a Friday we could get tested at my wife’s work on Wednesday and then fly down on Thursday a day early, hopefully already knowing our test results before we fly and not need to test again. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

So based on that if we sail on a Friday we could get tested at my wife’s work on Wednesday and then fly down on Thursday a day early, hopefully already knowing our test results before we fly and not need to test again. 

Exactly.   Good luck and enjoy!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, natanya13 said:

So is 12:01 tonight too soon to test for Jan 3??  We are so nervous about the potential outcome.  Sure would sleep better knowing all is good.

Any time on Jan 1 is fine... as long as the test doesn't measure your blood alcohol content from New Year's Eve celebrations 🤣

• Haha 1

So  my anxiety was warranted.  My pre test this morning was positive.  Problem is every phone number (Icruise and Celebrity) that I call is closed for the holiday.  Our sailing date is Jan 3.  Who and how do I contact Celebrity or can I wait until Monday?

From the website:https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs 

If I test positive for SARS-COV-2 right before my cruise, at the terminal, or on the cruise, what is your refund policy and what associated costs are covered? 

Full policy can be found here

COVID-19 Assistance*

Guests who book a Celebrity Cruise with a sail date on or before April 30, 2022, will have the following reassurances included at no extra charge. 

• 100% refund of your cruise fare, and your Traveling Party’s fares, if any of you test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the cruise or at the boarding terminal.**

• Pro-rated cruise fare refund for anyone who has their cruise cut short due to testing positive for COVID-19 or being suspected of having COVID-19 during the cruise.  

• If you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise, Celebrity Cruises will cover the costs of COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard, any required land-based quarantine, and travel home for you and your Traveling Party. 

*Last modified October 22, 2021. Subject to change. “Traveling Party” means your family members living with you in the same household and traveling companions assigned to your stateroom on the cruise. Conditioned upon compliance with the Celebrity Cruises COVID-19 Policies and Procedures in effect at the time of the cruise.  Additional terms and conditions apply. See our COVID-19 Refund and Cancellations Policy and your Cruise Ticket Contract for details.

**To qualify for a refund, if your COVID-19 test was administered by a provider other than one retained by Celebrity, you must present your verified positive test result in a form acceptable to Celebrity.