Anthem NYE - Live

alexgtp

48 minutes ago, alexgtp said:

We are rocking and rolling Tonite. Winds are at 35 mph and we are doing  18.8 knots .

Going to be a bumpy night.

PXL_20220108_021916453.thumb.jpg.08648d2c2be6e8e0e29235846725047a.jpg

If you’re able to and have time once you’ve docked back in Bayonne, please take a picture of the cruise voyage map off of the television when it displays the total cruise distance sailed (in the bottom right info bar). Would love to know how far this journey has taken you. I don’t remember seeing it in any of the end of cruise paperwork from when I was abroad last month, but I did get a screenshot from the TV. Reading this wonderful thread makes me very eager to be back on Anthem of the Seas, but December 4, 2022 seems a lifetime away. 

🥶 (low temp tonight in the single digits) 

16 minutes ago, matt1 said:

If you’re able to and have time once you’ve docked back in Bayonne, please take a picture of the cruise voyage map off of the television when it displays the total cruise distance sailed (in the bottom right info bar). Would love to know how far this journey has taken you. I don’t remember seeing it in any of the end of cruise paperwork from when I was abroad last month, but I did get a screenshot from the TV. Reading this wonderful thread makes me very eager to be back on Anthem of the Seas, but December 4, 2022 seems a lifetime away. 

There was a time when they used to put that info in the last Cruise Compass of the voyage but I don't recall it being there for some time now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, matt1 said:

I know it is not the distance for this cruise, but I also like to get a screenshot and at the end of our cruise (after yours…Dec. 12) it was 3847nm. 

• Thanks 1

So excited to be going on her tomorrow.  It's suppose to be rainy and very cold so dress appropriately.

If anyone is taking Uber or Lyft home do you call them while still on the ship or after you get off and where do you meet them?

19 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

So excited to be going on her tomorrow.  It's suppose to be rainy and very cold so dress appropriately.

If anyone is taking Uber or Lyft home do you call them while still on the ship or after you get off and where do you meet them?

image.thumb.png.591a0fcf9a6b271d0fb97491db78cffa.png

Does wifi calling work on the voom surf & stream? VOIP was blocked on my last (non-RCL) cruise. 

I want to know if SMS and MMS will work. Anyone with an iPhone, please consider if you were using iChat and iMessage before answering - those do not use SMS unless you're talking to someone else without an iPhone. 

17 hours ago, matt1 said:

https://*****/ships-position-anthem-of-the-seas

Current position of Anthem of the Seas: Under way from Philipsburg (Sint Maarten) to Cape Liberty (NJ)

• Departure was 2 d 22 hrs 1 min ago. (at 18:00 h local time)
  • Arrival will be in 14 hrs 59 min. (at 06:00 h local time)
  • Traveled distance since Philipsburg (Sint Maarten): 1,222.01 nm (2,263.17 km)
  • Remaining distance to Cape Liberty (NJ): 256.63 nm (475.28 km)
  • Traveled distance since Cape Liberty (NJ): 2,759.88 nm (5,111.30 km)
  • Course: 340°
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, alexgtp said:

Brass and Bock beer line up currently. 

Only craft beer is Floridian by Funky Buddha out of Miami, Fl

PXL_20220108_192630145.thumb.jpg.5329b971097a922a21b0088873b01280.jpg

Are the draft beers available? Two years ago on the Anthem, the taps weren't working.

2 hours ago, Cruisin MarcnFran said:

Sorry, but could you advise where that bar is on Anthem. I can’t seem to find it on deck plan. 

Brass & Bock is on deck 4 along the Royal Esplanade.

Jonathan 

Edited by cruiserking

Ok Capt Tony just announced mechanical issues. One of the azipods is having issues. Crew working on it.

We are slowing down and will arrive to Bayonne 830AM.  2.5 HOUR DELAY .

This is why we always fly out later. You never know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For the January 9th sailing on Anthem:

Due to a mechanical limitation with one of the ship’s azipods, Anthem of the Seas’ arrival back to Cape Liberty has been delayed. While our ship is 100% seaworthy, as a precaution, we’ve lowered our speed.

As a result, our check-in window will begin later than originally planned. Please arrive one (1) hour later than your originally selected arrival window. Arriving at your originally selected arrival time will result in being turned away until your new time while we complete this process. All guests should be checked-in and onboard by 3:30 PM. If you’re traveling with unvaccinated children in your party, please arrive before 3:00 PM. We’ve sent you and your Travel Advisor an email with additional details. We look forward to seeing you soo n!