Anthem NYE - Live

alexgtp

13 hours ago, PiperHolliday said:

Same here. 

We love swimming at the public beach next to the Marriott St Kitts. Water is warmer as you continue to islands south of St Thomas this time of year.  Barbados has the warmest sea water.  We usually walk to the beach there.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LATTELOVE said:

I rather be cruising, any day, any time,   🙂

Exactly my thought.  After seeing all the snow that hit VA, I am grateful we still have green grass in r yard.  🙏 for rain on the coast of MA Friday.  We sail Anthem Jan 31.  Fly directly  to Fla when ship docks Feb 11.   Counting down the days.  Getting psyched reading the messages.

Thank you for doing this review.  We sail on Sunday Jan 9th.  It is hard to get excited before the negative covid test on Friday.  We are tired of the calls from family, friends and coworkers about the riskiness of covid on ships. We were on Oasis in October.  Yes wearing a mask on ship was different, we wished things were back to normal (the good old days).  Once we just accepted this is how it was, things were fine.  For our upcoming trip we are going to take it as it goes.  We are so looking forward to being back on Anthem and looking forward to cruising.  Thank you for your review.  A little reassurance that everything is going to be ok if you go with the flow.  

• Like 2

Woke up to watch us sail into a new port of St Kitts, And noticed we were coming into St John's Antigua. Know the natural landmarks very well. And Perry Bay road is very distinct, oh and the Barbuda shuttle boat was also a dead give away. 😂😂😆

Wonder when they made this announcement.  

No worries as I love this place. Best beaches IMHO in the area. Might have to  try a new beach this trip. If they let us off. 

7 hours ago, PiperHolliday said:

Anthem is currently headed to Antigua and not St. Kitts... 

When did you hear this announcement? Must have slept thru it 🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

This is why people need to stop talking when captains are making announcements. I can never hear them because people won't shut up!☺

This drives me crazy. And it's not just on ships but basically anywhere public announcements are being made. 

I inwardly applauded a tour guide on a post-cruise excursion who politely but very firmly told some people on the bus to stop talking so others could hear what she was saying even if they didn't want to.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, alexgtp said:

Captain just made announcement, that st Kitts denied us entry,

So Antigua, We are good to go. Already released to go ashore.

Now which beach to go to.

Did the captain give a reason for the St. Kitts boot in the stern?

1 hour ago, alexgtp said:

So Antigua, We are good to go. Already released to go ashore.

Now which beach to go to.

You only have 365 to choose from (according to the locals).  Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Most likely high positive cases onboard again. 

Probably more of a logistical move.  Antigua would be the last place to take a ship with high covid cases.  It may be that St. Kitts will continue to be the "fill in the blank" port as ships get shuffled and crew gets shuffled.

High cases would be the LAST reason Antigua would welcome them with open arms.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, toad455 said:

Has there been anything official put out about the next sailing's itinerary? San Juan is cancelled, but hearing we might skip St. Kitts, too.

I don't think they are going to tell current cruisers about the next cruise. The only people that would know anything official is likely the bridge crew - anything else is just rumor. And most likely, bridge crew isn't even thinking about our cruise yet. They're handling the task at hand (current cruise) first. The most we can find out about the next cruise is passenger numbers from the loyalty desk. Even your travel agent does not have access to numbers - the 50% you were quoted is standard for all cruises in January and that's the only info given to agents (I am one). Our cruise is far below the 50% mark at this point, according to the loyalty desk. 

EDIT: Our itinerary just changed in the system and I immediately received the email about San Juan being removed. 

Also, while we all know it's coming, there's been no official information about San Juan being removed (just this person said this person got an email) and the only 'hearing' going on about St. Kitts is a couple of excursions being cancelled. The internal system still shows our original itinerary. My St. Kitts excursion is currently still on. 

I think it's futile to try to get any info about our itinerary because it will end up changing again anyway. And likely at short notice or in the middle of the night just like on this current cruise. Ports are not deciding a week ahead of time to deny ships. It is a ship by ship basis (and each attempt by the ship is treated separately) and not a blanket ban. There's no way of knowing if we will stop in any of the ports until we actually dock and get off the ship. I think we will be boarding a mystery cruise 😂

Edited by PiperHolliday
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Most likely high positive cases onboard again. 

Indeed.

1 hour ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Probably more of a logistical move.  Antigua would be the last place to take a ship with high covid cases.  It may be that St. Kitts will continue to be the "fill in the blank" port as ships get shuffled and crew gets shuffled.

High cases would be the LAST reason Antigua would welcome them with open arms.

For whatever reason, St. Kitts and Nevis were significantly more strict than Antigua  on our pre Christmas cruise. The ship’s clearance took significantly longer than normal. The bridge announced that more documents than usual were required.

Then once cleared, it took a considerable amount of time to actually get off the ship and through the port itself. Everyone was required to individually walk through a single temperature sensing portal. A real goatrope!

Rumor had it that a ship was denied the day after us. Rumor, not verified.

Edited by CPT Trips
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

This is why people need to stop talking when captains are making announcements. I can never hear them because people won't shut up!☺

that as well as the captains speaking louder and slower.   But I agree that the one person everyone should shut up for is THE CAPTAIN.  oh well people lose their manners on ships more and more these days.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alexgtp said:

That is SO ODD.  I cannot figure out for the life of me what St. Kitts is doing in the last couple of weeks.

I have made it a casual hobby over the last few weeks to track which ports are kicking which ships.  St. Kitts originally started by kicking all the ships the other small ports were, for 1% or higher Covid positives on board.

In the last few days, though, St. Thomas has been kicking ships left and right, and St. Kitts has been taking them in.  Now St. Kitts is back to kicking ships again.  They are all over the place recently.

• Like 1

Depends on the island.  Right now, according to the RCI app, the only islands that are still requiring RCI-booked port excursions if you want to get off the ship are St. Lucia and Barbados (St. Kitts WAS on there, but the requirement was lifted around a month ago, long before this Omicron mess started).

24 minutes ago, LATTELOVE said:

How are the Islands handling excursions?

Can you just take a taxi like before COVID

or does it have to be booked through the 

cruise line?