Allure denied entry to St. Thomas, heading now to St. Kitts

49 minutes ago, mein18 said:

Where are you seeing what it is showing for us next week on Allure? The app is showing nothing for the theater.

That’s what I saw too. It did show the Mamma Mia concert as she mentioned but no show. 

9 hours ago, TXBlue said:

That’s what it’s showing for us next week. We sail the 8th. I’ll be bummed if they aren’t doing it, I’m guessing Covid quarantine for cast members 😞

Thanks for providing info about your trip, it definitely helps us be a bit more prepared! 

how was St. Kitts? Where to next? 
Did y’all go to Coco Cay in place of Nassau? 

St Kitts was good, we did the Essentials St Kitts excursion so got to see a bit of the island. CocoCay was our first stop on Day 2, we did the Beach Club. Beautiful beach but water in pool and ocean was too cold for me. We arrived a short while ago in St. Maarten. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, TXBlue said:

That’s what I saw too. It did show the Mamma Mia concert as she mentioned but no show. 

I think if you look closely at the Royal app entertainment list for the 1/8 cruise, the listings are all from last week.  You can tell by the listings for the football games.  They are all the games from 2 weeks ago.  I am assuming it just populated information and will update either in the next couple of days or when we board.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I appreciate whatever you can find out. I'm aboard Jan 22.... hopefully.

I just asked the concierge in the Diamond Lounge. He said one member of the cast tested positive but since everyone rehearsed together, 30 cast members had to quarantine. They will do an abbreviated “concert” this week and hope that the show will resume next week or the week after. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I just asked the concierge in the Diamond Lounge. He said one member of the cast tested positive but since everyone rehearsed together, 30 cast members had to quarantine. They will do an abbreviated “concert” this week and hope that the show will resume next week or the week after. 

Thank you for the update.  Sure hope they are all ok and if they are, can perform next week.

• Like 1

I have no confirmed facts, but it appears that a crew transfer is taking place, from Allure and Symphony, to this Royal ship that came in a little while ago. Rumor is that it is the Rhapsody and that 120 crew members from Symphony and Allure will do quarantine on Rhapsody. Again, all rumors, I can not confirm those figures. 

599D092D-D197-4841-8C5A-63DEBE813C94.jpeg

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I have no confirmed facts, but it appears that a crew transfer is taking place, from Allure and Symphony, to this Royal ship that came in a little while ago. Rumor is that it is the Rhapsody and that 120 crew members from Symphony and Allure will do quarantine on Rhapsody. Again, all rumors, I can not confirm those figures. 

Any word whether recovered crew are being transfered to Allure or Symphony?

5 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Thanks for the updates.  From other reports Rhapsody seems to be the Plague Ship. No idea why the CDC has an orange code for ROTS - should be red.

This has been going n for almost two weeks now, and has been widely reported. 

Covid positive crew are being shuffled off to both the Rhapsody and the Vision at CocoCay. 

No need to hem and haw— it’s common knowledge. 

12 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

11 minutes ago, DevonfromAcme said:

This has been going n for almost two weeks now, and has been widely reported. 

Covid positive crew are being shuffled off to both the Rhapsody and the Vision at CocoCay. 

No need to hem and haw— it’s common knowledge. 

Yes, we have been hearing about them transferred to those ships but the key now is if are any being transferred back now that some have been on the ships quarantined for 10days+.

Something is seriously wrong when you now have 2 chase medical ships out their picking up crew that is testing positive and dropping like flies. Not to mention how many passengers that are positive that we don't know about.

This isn't cruising anymore.

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

Something is seriously wrong when you now have 2 chase medical ships out their picking up crew that is testing positive and dropping like flies. Not to mention how many passengers that are positive that we don't know about.

This isn't cruising anymore.

Its been two weeks now so it is probably getting to even swaps.  Covid positive  heading to quarantine and the recovered crew heading back to work.  Between the boosters they are getting and natural immunity this should subside dramatically over the next week or two.  Incredible process to keep the rest of the crew safe and the passengers having as good a time as possible.  Hats off to RCL and very fortunate they have those ships available for this purpose.  Without them I think the alternative would be grim.

• Like 4

On 1/2/2022 at 1:38 PM, forgotmyCCname said:

if you are afraid of contracting Covid despite being fully vaccinated and boosted, so not cruise. If YOUR doctor says you are to ill to cruise, DO NOT CRUISE.

It's not fear of Covid. It's fear of a horrible on board experience plus missing ports that keeps me from cruising. If what I have been reading on other threads about bad service, no entertainment and missing ports is true, then it sounds like being sick is a more exciting adventure taking you through secret companionways to get to Covid row.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

it sounds like being sick is a more exciting adventure taking you through secret companionways to get to Covid row.

Look at the bright side, In the past you had to pay extra for that on board tour experience.☺

• Haha 2

I appreciate you reporting what you are going through right now, as the 8 of us, hopefully will be on the Explorer this Sunday.  They did cancel St. Lucia and St. Thomas, so who knows what they will be cancelling next. 😞

3 hours ago, beshears said:

I appreciate you reporting what you are going through right now, as the 8 of us, hopefully will be on the Explorer this Sunday.  They did cancel St. Lucia and St. Thomas, so who knows what they will be cancelling next. 😞

I am on the following sailing.  How far in advance did they notify you of the canceled ports? Additional sea days I assume?

9 minutes ago, coldflame said:

If it's understood that some people will get infected in ships, then what's the point of masking and stricter protocols? Those things are not logically congruent. If adults (vast majority of which are fully vaccinated, including crew) are getting positives day 2 or 3, that means that the pre-boarding testing is useless. If people are testing positive on days 5+ means the on-board protocols are useless.

They are just going with the philosophy to do "the most they can do to prevent" instead of the alternative of doing "the least they can do to prevent'"

I appreciate the first choice personally.

• Thanks 1

Since our trip is this Sunday, I believe I was notified last Tuesday that St. Lucia was out.  As of yet, I have not received anything about St. Thomas being out, but others had posted it.  I think the only difference, we are doing some "different" ports than what they have been doing these past couple of weeks.

2 hours ago, coldflame said:

All protocols are theaters. The act of eating or drinking does not prevent the virus to spread out. It happens on land, airplanes and ships. "Strict mask policy" ... unless you're eating or drinking, again logically incongruent.

Finally, the Vulcans weigh in.

76A94F4F-31C8-4A7E-A384-B15D01CC74E7.jpeg.875147210ba344ea489fc041d2a74ddf.jpeg

• Like 1